Reviews for Learning to fly
Vivi-ntvg chapter 6 . 1/25
Well, this was a very enjoyable read! :D
Ddarahae chapter 6 . 1/18
This was great! you are an amazing writer for sure.
if it wasn't for chapter 5, this could have been a very nice story.
if this would be source-code, i'd make a fork and replace ch5 (Astrid saving Hiccups butt several times, jumping from her opponent to his, coming back, having some pep-talk ..., him getting some hits, losing his prosthesis, being protected by her ...)

yes, i like the idea of a real team, every member having strengths an weaknesses and not one being best in all.
sorry but i have to say, this chapter is absolutely disappointing. even more after your own comment at the end of chapter 3.

so again hiccup get best in all aspects and astrid gets second best in one.

he is better or best in inventing, drawing, planing, cooking, riding, training, smithing, sewing and yeah even in fighting (beating more opponents and for sure without any scare), obviously learns faster - oh and he is rich and powerfull.

Astrid on the other side can is bad at several things (cooking, sewing, ...) and looses her only strength to Hiccup getting the fighting-trophy out of Hicups mercy only, is poor, gets hurt, but hey she has a nice face, isn't it?

man, i really do not understand, why it always has to end up in a one sided and unbalanced relationship.
oh, yeah!
learning to fly you say ...

made my day. very nice to read.

liked every chapter.
yes, and i can hardly wait to see where you lead them ;)
the story is superb so far.
BTW i second everything you say about Astrids role in httyd2.
lara5170 chapter 6 . 7/22/2016
I really can't wait to read more and see where this goes next.
lara5170 chapter 4 . 7/22/2016
I'm enjoying this but I can't help wanting to know what Hiccups new title would be since it didn't say what it was.
Guest chapter 4 . 8/13/2015
This entire fic grasps the characters perfectly! Good job!
MissPitchPerfect25 chapter 6 . 6/9/2015
Update?
Red Star chapter 6 . 4/1/2015
Nicely done, filling in the gap between the movies here. I especially liked the parts around the All-Viking Tournament. Thank you for all the hard work you obviously put into this.
birthofthecool chapter 6 . 3/29/2015
Lovely story. I enjoyed it a lot.
And I agree about Astrid's role in the series and the second film.

Kind of a pity that they created such a strong and charismatic female character and then seem to forget how to use her accordingly.
fantsyfreak chapter 5 . 2/14/2015
That was AWESOME! Having Hiccup drop his sword at the end was perfect for his character development, and everything was just... Agffghdbdgdusbfng it was awesome!
fantsyfreak chapter 2 . 2/14/2015
This is so cute! And it's a totally realistic progression for their relationship!