Reviews for Contentment
Wish I Was A Pirate chapter 1 . 1/26
Clap.

Clap.

Clap.
The-Normal Twit-Nya chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
This is the BEST story ever, aww! Aw. Aw.

But...

Wheelchair Basketball, I played that once, I failed...
Gideoncrawle chapter 1 . 7/22/2014
“Thirteen leaf clover”. Nice metaphor.

Technical note: Tyler would have to score after time expired, not “just before”, for his touchdown to be the game’s final play. That’s because (a) the clock stops when a TD is scored, and (b) a play in progress when time expires is allowed to run its course. Also, the play as described probably wouldn’t take 10 seconds, let alone 30.

“Escorted off the premises” doesn’t sound right. That makes it sound like Tyler was thrown out. Something like “paramedics came and took him away” would work better. That’s as may be, I’m having trouble visualizing how the accident happened. A little more detail would help here.

I can think of sports that Tyler could still play with his disability. I could especially see him becoming a wheelchair racer. Whether there are any sports he could play professionally is a separate question. Given his high profile, he could probably make good money from corporate sponsorships as a Special Olympian, for example.

Although Tyler would obviously have gotten along with some people better than others, I don’t recall him really having enemies on the show. Alejandro thought highly enough of him to choose him as a helper in the TDWT finale. (Then Lindsay accidentally knocked Tyler out, so she got drafted in his stead.) Courtney was willing to flirt with him for her own purposes, and Tyler didn’t seem to have a problem with that beyond worrying what Lindsay would think, which suggests that the TDDDDI incident was either forgotten or a bygone let go; and Heather and Duncan never had much on-camera interaction with him. But enemies or no, it makes sense that the TD alumni would rally around him. He was, after all, one of their own; and tragedy can bring families closer together if it doesn’t tear them apart. Speaking of which, Lindsay staying with Tyler, with no sign that she’s only doing it for their child’s sake or out of pity, shows that she has substance after all.

Tyler becoming a football coach brings to mind the adage, “Those who can, do. Those who can’t, teach.” This is especially true in sports, where the spirit may still be willing but the flesh has become too weak. Coaching is a way for washed up jocks to stay close to the sports they love.

Tyler’s contentment with his lot brings to mind the words of a paraplegic man of my acquaintance. He said, “I can do 90 percent of what I could do before, and I’ve discovered that I really don’t miss the other 10 percent.” All in all, Tyler has clearly made lemonade from the lemons that Fate gave him. Nicely done, on the whole.
LittleMissyGalPal chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
Oh wow. This was perfect. I loved everything about it and there's obviously nothing negative to add, whatsoever.

I'm glad that you made Lindsay stay with Tyler after everything that happened. Tyler was in character and I'm glad that you gave him a happy ending.

Also, Tyler seems like a cool Dad... YOLO.
PikaScootaloo chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
asdfgh, THE FEEEELS

A-frickin'-mazing. Seriously, this is one of the best Tyler fics I've ever read.
Knifez chapter 1 . 7/1/2014
Aw, the feels!

This was incredible! I was so sad when Tyler broke his spine D:.

Dat YOLO doe, XD.

Good stuff, you really are a talented writer!
NoahFan4Ever chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Well, wasn't this bittersweet. :) It's kinda sad that Tyler won't be able to walk again.
puppydog4 chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
this was a sweet story.
Juliejustdance chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Really good and a nice message. I totally agree that Tyler doesn't get enough credit. After all, he wasn't mean or anything.
Ways chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
This was really nice. I loved it. It was really good to see Tyler in a good light rather than comedic relief. The YOLO part was also a nice way to ease the tension, I loved it.
RedEyedWarrior chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
You are right. Tyler needs more love. Glad you gave some to him.

I feel bad for Tyler that he would no longer be able to play football, but at least he can continue to teach football, and in this fic he is doing an amazing job at it. He's also a good father and husband, and Lindsay is a good mother, wife and nurse. I like how you treated this couple.

Keep up the good work.
KaylaBow chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
This... is... AMAZING! I should pay attention to Tyler more now :)
SecretAgent12 chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
Aw that's so sweet. Tyler really doesn't get enough love in the fanfiction department. Great job!