Reviews for Ylissian North
Prescribed-Madness chapter 11 . 4/18/2016
Stahl/Robin.
Lissa/Lon'qu.

That's all I have to say.
This was a glorious, if short-lived, adventure. Thank you very much for the wonderful story, even if it is abandoned I enjoyed it nonetheless c:
Discouraged chapter 15 . 4/9/2016
*sigh* You have a really bad habit of starting something amazing, then ditching it partway through. There's this, then there's "The Ylissean Grind". There might be more, but I haven't checked much due to fear of my eye catching something that'd spoil if/Fates.

Just something I want you to consider: why start something, then put so much effort and power into it... and then ditch it before it's done, without even a notice? That's a whole bunch of time that you're wasting of your life, all for incomplete projects, failed art, and disappointed readers. You might as well not be writing at all; it'd be better than creating incomplete, ugly works that eat up your time for nothing and disappoint others besides.
darkkodemaster chapter 15 . 3/23/2016
are you still writing this story?

it was excellent

The Dragon Lover chapter 15 . 7/27/2015
I enjoyed reading these chapters! I'll admit, I'm not normally into reading school AUs, mostly because I can't imagine why people would want to return to those awful days. (I mean, GRADES! HORMONES! COMBINED? NO THANKS.) But sometimes I feel like it, and I'm glad I found this in my browsing. It's not overly "teenage angst," but it still touches on some very teenage worries, and I get a kick out of watching Robin fumble in people-related areas. A tactician in another life she (or he) may be, but in this one the adrenaline of life-or-death scenarios isn't here to save you from social awkwardness. Seeing some modern-style equivalents of our favorite FE:A cast is exciting, and trying to predict pairings should be an official sport.

Of course, life gets in the way, so I won't whine and cry over updates. I only just found this, after all, and I have NO room to talk about leaving things to deal with other "real world" issues or wait for inspiration to kick motivation's butt into gear. Instead, I hope life is going well for you, and that you have FAR less trouble working things out with people than any of these characters. Ehehe.

Lots of love and support!
-Dragon
Triple Tilde chapter 15 . 7/6/2015
So I was looking through some Fire Emblem fanfics, just minding my own business, when I see "band au". As a band geek, my interest was immediately piqued. And boy, was I sorely. disappointed. By the fact that I stayed up until 3am to read this, completely forgetting to sleep because, quote from Nowi WOWZERS, unquote, that was amazing. I'm not even sure where to start - Robin's amazing deadpan one-liners, everyone completely in-character, ACCURATE BAND AU OH MY GOD, all the screenshots I took of pure gold, the pairings, your amazing writing style, the whole scene dedicated to Gerome trying to get Robin to do deep breathing exercises while Minerva looks on - I could keep going, but I won't.

Like most of the other readers, I'm really looking forward to seeing more. But I looked at the last time it was updated, and that seems to be quite a while back. I know life gets in the way pretty easily, and eventually writers lose interest in their stories. So, first of all, thank you so much for creating what you have. It's honestly made me feel so happy just for existing. Second of all, do you have plans to continue this story, or is it permanently abandoned?

Either way, this was a delight to read, and I'm glad I did. (But also not glad because I have trouble sleeping in the first place gdi why did I do that)
Guest chapter 15 . 3/20/2015
I love this story, and I'll love it if you continue on with it.
This is the best high school AU I've ever read.
The Brute Squad chapter 14 . 2/24/2015
Seriously enjoyed this (: You've done an excellent job of not only keeping everyone in character, but divesting enough time and emotion into every single one of them without subtracting from the plot! One of the key things I loved about this was how very real the feelings were, I think it's highly likely that every single one of your readers can empathise with someone or something in this, and it's honestly a great hook :3
You're writing is also very good, not too showy but with enough description to make it flow, and the quirks of humour are definitely appreciated!
As for pairing suggestions (but can't put too much in case I give away pairings in my own AU):
-Inigo and Morgan (because I love them both so much! In my eyes they're both far more sensitive than they let on, and the back and forth between the pair is fantastic)
-Noire and Brady (their support dialogue is one of THE most adorable things I've ever read)
On that note, definitely enjoying Lucina and Yarne (I hadn't even considered them as a pairing until you) and Sumia and Gaius!
Long rambling review over, in short, thank you for writing this (:
FireEdge chapter 15 . 2/8/2015
Out of desperation while I hopefully wait for an update of "The Last Valkyrie", I decided to check this story out, and was that ever a terrible idea... because I have lost so much sleep by reading it all in one go. You certainly have a way with words, and your story completely got me hook, line and sinker. I really do enjoy your writing style and you have managed to set up a very awesome high school setting for this AU (which is not always easy to do).

I'm going to apologize in advance for how sparse this review will be, if only because I've had information overload and can't remember everything I wanted to say as I read through all 15 chapters, haha. So I will just make general comments.

First of all, I love the whole pep band premise of this story. As a band geek in my junior high/high school days, this brought back so much nostalgia. It's also such a fun way of "building" the army up and recruiting all of the characters. I also found it interesting how you incorporated the children characters into this - definitely note what I was expecting, but I must say it worked really well.

Also, I absolutely adore your characterization of all of the characters. You managed to keep them true to their in-game personalities while giving them a real-world twist to make their quirks fit into the new environment. For example, I especially liked how you explained Tharja's obsession with Robin. Meanwhile, I also enjoyed how you tweaked some other characters, like Cordelia. It was a great time reading how her and Robin butt heads but eventually became friends.

Speaking of Robin, I (again) really enjoyed your characterization of her in this story. I really keep rooting her on as I see her start to open up to people and adjust to her new life. Of course, there are definitely times where I want to smack her upside the head - and that really tells me that that character is realistic and is multi-dimensional.

Next, I just want to say how much I LOVE Stahl in this story. He is just such an adorable sweetheart and I want to squish him and I want him and Robin to live happily ever after because they are just so disgustingly cute together and these past few chapters have been KILLING ME! You weren't kidding when you mentioned (at some chapter or another) that Robin's road to love would not be easy (though I am crossing my fingers that it will end with Stahl). I'm a fan of several Robin pairings, and though Stahl was one of them, it wasn't my top pick for her. UNTIL I READ THIS, and I ship those two so hard now for this story, I feel like something's wrong with me, haha. I guess I just really loved how you developed their relationship as friends and then to something more.

But anyway, I'll cut my review off here before I start rambling on about everything. I'm not sure if you're still updating this story, but hopefully you will some day since I'd love to see how the rest of this great story pans out. Good luck with your writing and I look forward to seeing more from you!
hoshiimono chapter 7 . 1/9/2015
I love this story. And considering I really never read or go for AUs, that's impressive. At first, I thought the band setting was a strange choice but it really works! And even set in a high school and completely different from FE:A I can really imagine the characters being like this (characterization done well). I have a feeling I know your pairing for Robin, but sometimes I can't help but ship her with Gaius in this story xD His personality is so cute. I really like how you incorporated Tharja's obsession with Robin in a realistic way! Stahl is also adorkable. His tshirts doe.

Watch out for a few spelling errors, though. The type of peeking you have in your lines has double e's and no a. There was another spelling mistake, but I can't recall it right now...

Anyways, good job! Definitely fav'ing this. Thank you so much for writing (and continuing to write) this story!
Alex chapter 15 . 12/11/2014
Wow, this is awesome. I might become one of your regular readers.

This is my intake on Robin's love life:
Robin is shifting back to her old ways with the betrayal. But then Chrom swoops in and invites her on a double date. But we can't forget about poor Stahl, right? So who will win, Chrom vs. Stahl for the love of Robin. Personally, when reading your story, I think she thinks Stahl is safe and thus might date him but her feelings and heart are leaning towards Chrom. This is shown with the 7 minute closet experiment where she lets Chrom make-out with her...and she enjoys it. However, she wants to remain emotionless so she goes with Stahl and not Chrom (raw-emotion).
Fantasy is now Non-Fiction chapter 15 . 11/29/2014
This is AMAZING! Agh, but dammit, misunderstandings! People, talk to each other! Haha, there's so much I want to say but I don't think it'd all fit in one review, so I'll just settle for saying I love this story! And your writing style. And Stahl and Robin. And Gerome and Gaius and Sumia and Gregor and you make me like characters I don't usually like. Can't wait to see Panne (if you're writing her in, that is).
Aaaanyways, thanks for the awesome read! I can't wait for more!
allillia chapter 15 . 11/25/2014
Ermagerg, I just found this fic today and I have fallen in love with everything. Like seriously, you're such a good writer. Spot on characterization? Check. Great dialogue? Check. Awesome, realistic relationships? Whoops, sorry, I didn't know I was filling the entire page with checkmarks and happy faces.

The part I like the most about this story is the usage of numerous subplots. It's not just ROBIN who's living her life, right? We've got Robert, Sumia, Cordy, Gussy boy, etc. and that's what makes this so special: not everything revolves around Robin. Even the Stahl thing! I won't deny the fact I'm confused; what's his relationship with Anna? What about Robin? Is there even anything going on between any of them? Why is he 'hiding' it?

Oh I dunno, maybe because he's not going to spill his ENTIRE life story and emotions in one go?

And there's even these tiny quirks that amplify a character. F!Morgan acting the way she is? Compleeetely different from Cynthia, who has a kinda similar personality in-game. Frederick's love of fires? He's only been mentioned a few times but that one sentence says A LOT about him, and the mental image was super funny.

Not everything's smooth sailing either. I like that. It makes it even more realistic, that there's ups and downs and everyone's a teeny bit tipsy with their actions. But there's DEVELOPMENT - goodness gracious there's development - like Robin and Cordelia's relationship. About ten-ish chapters ago I would've thought they'd continue to have a petty rivalry between them. You proved me wrong. I was shown that they could progress towards something more civil. People DO change when new facts are given. Relationships DO evolve as time goes on.

I'll admit I came for the band!AU because I'm a band geek myself (baritone player here; this is shameless promotion but baritones are cool and super underrated, and more people should really consider playing them), but I stayed because this is so, so, SO well-written. Keep on writing, you amazing person.

Super sorry that this review was incredibly long. I just have major feels for this fic.

((On a small side note pairings-wise - like this wasn't long enough - I'd like to nominate f!MorganxBrady. (check their supports if you haven't read them yet!). I'd also like to see even just a teeny-tiny interaction between Cordelia and Frederick, whose bittersweet ending spawned many a good story. Besides, their relations with Chrom would make THEIR relationship interesting, even if it's platonic.))

If you'd read this in its entirety, I'll end the review with this note: thank you so much for writing this story, and I hope to see it update soon!
CavalierShark chapter 15 . 11/24/2014
Soooooo. Lon'qu x Olivia? Eh? Eh?

Haha xD Even though I disagree w/ some ships, your story is quite nice! (: Keep on going!
Cormag Ravenstaff chapter 15 . 11/24/2014
Damn. Robin's being a bitch. I feel for you Stahl, I'm on your side buddy!

Oh, how I love your Anna. Having her be a newspaper editor? Genius! Makes me want to write a humor fic where Anna runs a paper.

Lot of stuff happened in this one. Damn, but I loved it so much!

Glad to see you're back. I'd been meaning to PM you to see if you were alive, but it looks like you are! Huzzah!
pureshadow013 chapter 15 . 11/24/2014
Well, that escalated quickly. Damn, this version of Anna is cray