Reviews for His Draught of Delicate Poison
ardsmair chapter 30 . 12/6/2019
what a delightfull Story! Thank you!
Guest chapter 30 . 9/24/2019
AH!mazing...
tash403 chapter 30 . 8/24/2019
Loved this story, enjoyed the humour, the character development and sneaky Hermione and Severus plans to get their man/woman. Will definitely read again, saving to favourites.
Guest chapter 30 . 8/9/2019
Thank you so much for this story. I read it twice. Loved the pop culture reference to a helper named Douglas Howser AKA Doogie, and the use of propinquity once and minority twice. As with the books, I wonder if it would be more efficient to fight with short spells, rather than the seven syllable petrificus totalis. The authors never did find the 2 Death Eater victims of Lucius'2 silent killing curses. On this second reading, my main pet peeve was the nonsense with Tonks and Lupin, and this sort of deliciousness from Hermione is why women in books, movies, and Tv shows are so repulsive to me, but it accurately is written here for a classic romance, so I guess even though I was disgusted, bravo? LOL. During the first read, years ago, I looked up Alice band, Claridge's, cupboard love, and Holland covers. I regularly use the phrase cupboard love at home now about my pets, and I've explained Alice band to people when it repeatedly shows up mentioned in pop culture. The "arithmancer of incalculable expertise" was a great line. I didn't go back to check, but I'm pretty sure you sent the Blacks pour of the Granger's house, then had Snape and Hermione leave, because I was worried that Fleur would trash the house while Percy was in the tub. In a later chapter you mentioned Black had remained, told Fleur something that incensed her, and Fleur left before Black did. The second use of Smooth Operator explains why it was so memorable. Same for the repeated scenes with bunny slippers. I was bored with the final four chapters or engagements, proposals, weddings, blah, blah, blah, and even the honeymoon and sex, which all felt like an epilogue (but a boat load better than ROWLING's epilogue, that's for sure). Then I was delighted by your own epilogue. For awhile I thought Snape was going to do the cliche thing and heal Neville's parents, which is always a joy, but you found an original Christmas miracle, so: Good for you! Thanks for keeping this posted, and give my regards to your husband. He sounds like a keeper.
Guest chapter 27 . 8/9/2019
God forbid there is ever anyone as evil
Guest chapter 17 . 8/7/2019
This is fun. I do remember unique bits: the Smooth Operator song for the ladies' choice dance, Fluer's Alice band. I laughed at the idea of Sirius ever being Snape's stepdad. And poor Harry might be stuck with a harridan, termagant scold like Molly, but who is also physically abusive like Delores Umbridge and his relatives. I feel like I am watching a silent melodrama, wanting to shout at Harry to watch out for the dangerous red headed battle axe.
Guest chapter 8 . 8/6/2019
Powerful image
Guest chapter 3 . 8/6/2019
I have no memory of this story, except for the Snape bump. Either my advanced age is letting me enjoy this as for the first time, or you put the Snape bump into more than one story (or someone reused the idea, with or without permission). LOL.
Goldenbassets chapter 30 . 5/31/2019
Loved this fic! Perfect slow burn that I felt deep down. Hermione was excellent in her matchmaking skills, Fleur was just awful, (thanks for no horridly written accent btw), Percy was cringe-worthy. Severus finally deciding to get rid of Fleur and plotting his way to freedom and into Hermione's arms was delightful
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 5/28/2019
Hi! I'm going to PM you as well as review, just in case you somehow see one and not the other. Anyway, I'm in the process of creating ebooks of some of my favorite fanfics in order to have access to them on my Kindle when I'm offline, and I included "His Draught of Delicate Poison" (because even though I don't think I've ever reviewed due to reading it other places than here, I freaking LOVE it SUCH a good story, and it always makes me want to reread The Grand Sophy, too, haha). I wondered if you wanted me to give you access to the ebook, for whatever purposes you choose :) If so, let me know, and we can discuss how best to give it to you!
tainted-tash chapter 29 . 5/11/2019
God this was everything I needed in a slow burn story
tainted-tash chapter 28 . 5/10/2019
I imagine she feels much like a princess
tainted-tash chapter 27 . 5/9/2019
I'm not crying, you are
tainted-tash chapter 26 . 5/9/2019
Dun dun duuuuuun
tainted-tash chapter 25 . 5/9/2019
*cackle* this plan is amazing!