Reviews for A Glass of Wine Rebuilt (Glass Houses)
agouraki chapter 39 . 1/22
this was one of the best if the best Evangelion fics ,only issue i see is that its lacking humour
ARGUMENTUM chapter 39 . 11/16/2023
It was one hell of a roller coaster ride. Thank you.

P.S. Humor? Seriously? I think drama or angst, no way humor.
basedplayer chapter 1 . 11/15/2023
White man has been here
Cuck fantasy
Nihilist intellectual chapter 39 . 10/17/2023
This is one of the best Eva "fix things before it's too fucking late" fanfics I've ever read!
Misato might as well have given the redhead a damn reading so she could put herself in Shinji's shoes. Considering that the poor kid does all your shit, the least you can do for him is defend him from the German bitch you've introduced into his home, don't you think, you slug?

I think it's great that children get a little drunk, since it is the quickest way for them to relax and open up. Above all, they need to start having a minimum of innocent physical contact, instead of, you know, offering to kiss out of the blue after dumping another guy and mocking his mother's death? Seriously Asuka, you have shit for brains.

Thanks to the wine, Shinji does something he should do more: express himself and be assertive. He does well to learn that apologizing and nodding like a lapdog gets him nowhere with kraut. He not only has to dare to ask her questions and express his opinion even if it bothers her, but he has also felt angry and offended when she insults him or hits him for no reason other than being in a bad mood.
He has to realize that anger is not bad and that it is better to argue with a person than to avoid confrontation and let the problem continue to grow and grow.

One of the other things that always struck me in Evangelion was the fact that the pilots went to school. What was the fucking point? Give the three freaks an illusion of normalcy? What will they socialize?
Please, they only interacted with three people in damn class 2-A and their relationship left a lot to be desired.
They would have made much more of their time training at NERV, doing housework or even just being at leisure, going shopping or partying together than in that shitty school..

I like that Asuka is the one who screws up with Toji and Unit 03, because she has to learn to take responsibility for her actions, repent for her bad behavior and finally apologize. Just because she has a bad past and is a genius, she doesn't have the right to bother everyone.

Speaking of Toji, I love how he dissects Shinji and his self-pitying complaints. Yeah, Shinji was very forced to pilot the robot, when every time the boy threw a tantrum, Mom Misato took him out of the program, sureeeee.

Dude, I respect your decision to not want to pilot that shit, but assume responsibility without depending on others, don't bury your head in the sand and hope to escape the consequences.

And Asuka's scene in Kaji's garden is also educational for her. Yeah, you can buy food at the supermarket, just as you can hire someone to clean your house. But have you thought that might not be the case?
I'm going to mention something my mother told me when I was an ungrateful brat with her; You deserve to be exchanged for an African child, since he would appreciate and be grateful for what you have, while you would learn to value all the things you take for granted.
And it would do you good to learn humility and be grateful for what little they give you if you want to stay alive; because one, there you are going to be fucking uselees, and you will need help even to clean your conceited ass. Second, old school rules prevail there, so if you think you can get away with your bitching like in Japan, forget it.
Learn to value and be grateful for what you have, for the love of God.

I especially love that Asuka is the one who kicks ass with Eva, since come on, she had trained for ten years for this shit, and I can understand why she resented Shinji, who without even trying made her look ridiculous.
No matter how much of a bitch she was, she didn't deserve that her only moment of glory consisted of being eaten and impaled by nine giant seagulls.

On the other hand, it seems to me that Asuka is the one who interacts with Kaworu instead of Shinji for two reasons;
One, Asuka has to realize that there are people who love her for who she is and she has to open herself up to loving other people in the same unconditional way.
And second, I really hate Kawoshin. The homo boy only served to make Shinji hit rock bottom in EoE, so fuck that.

By the way, I loved that he was the final boss of the fic that Shinji and Asuka face. A fantastic and happy ending that should have happened in canon.
maximino chapter 39 . 10/2/2023
Fully detailing why I like this story so much would take far more space than reasonable, but I think the best thing about it is how it allows the characters to make poor choices that improve them as people rather than the sorts of poor choices they make in canon. The empathy for all of them really shines through, even at their most idiotic. Thanks for seeing it through.

Really looking forward to the Yui anthology.
SheriffCuckStone chapter 38 . 7/31/2023
Okay, after reviewing "She's not here" I decided to revisit one of my all-time CUCK-favorites stories: GLASS OF WINE REBUILD and give it an appropriate and CUCKtified review.

Hold onto your cuckoo clocks, folks, because GOWR is here to CUCK your socks off! This ff is a wild ride filled with more irony and twisted relationships than you can shake a feather at. With Shinji, Asuka, and Kaworu you know you're in for a CUCKTASTIC time!

In this CUCKTASTIC adventure, nothing is quite what it seems. Shinji, our brooding protagonist, discovers that the key to saving the world lies not in piloting giant mommy-mechs but in accepting his role as the ultimate CUCKHOLD and just when you think you've got the CUCKHOLDING triangle figured out, the story takes a sharp turn. Kaworu's pseudo-gayness becomes a CUCKHOLDING triple threat, and the plot thickens faster than a pot of bubbling CUCKOLDING stew.

Embracing this destiny, he watches as Asuka, his fiery teammate, flits between the ethereal Kaworu, like a hummingbird in search of nectar.

The author makes our hapless protagonist win an award for being the "CUCK of the Year." And wears his CUCKHOLDING crown with pride, even though it's as tarnished as his romantic prospects. The irony begins as Shinji and Asuka's relationship takes center stage; with the CUCKHOLDING vibes so strong you can practically hear a CUCKOO bird CUCKOOING in the background. Asuka's flirtatious banter with Kaworu is enough to make your eyebrows shoot up to the moon!

Asuka's rendezvous with Kaworu at the expense of Shinji's feelings is like a CUCKHOLDING rollercoaster that never stops. It's as if the author unleashed a CUCKNADO of emotions and let them whirl away to infinity and beyond! And all the while, we're left wondering if Shinji's CUCKHOLDING journey is a self-imposed punishment or a badge of honor he proudly displays at CUCKHOLDING conventions.

The true irony, though, lies in the way the author weaves CUCKHOLDING themes into every facet of the story. Whether it's a mecha battle or a mundane grocery store run, CUCKHOLDING is as prevalent as seagulls at the beach. It's like the characters have an internal CUCKHOLDING radar, and they just can't resist exploring this unique aspect of human condition.

But let's not forget the cherry on top of this CUCKHOLDING sundae: the subplot of competitive birdwatching! As if their tangled love lives weren't enough, they engage in fierce competitions to spot the rarest birds while battling giant mechs. I mean, who needs romantic comedy when you've got CUCKHOLDING birdwatchers in apocalyptic settings?

(Take note Anno Hideaki, this is how your Rebuilds should have worked, old hag)

Now, some may argue that this ff is nothing more than a guilty pleasure, but I disagree. GOWR is a work of art that explores the human psyche with an unyielding focus on the CUCKHOLDING subculture. It examines the very essence of jealousy, vulnerability, and the lengths some will go to seek pleasure in the most paradoxical of circumstances. Truly, are enough to make Sigmund Freud raise an eyebrow from beyond the grave.

CERTIFIED CUCK-ALL STAR’S STORY.
MAD Marty chapter 39 . 7/7/2023
Finally finishing this story, is a bittersweet moment. More sweet than bitter, but tinged with the emotions that made me love Evangelion in the first place. To me the anime was never something of nostalgia, coming to me one night as a Netflix binge, yet it played on emotions and themes that were deeply nostalgic to me; Giant Monsters and Godzilla for one being my childhood. I always loved thinking about creatures and stories so much larger than myself, giants, titans, but Evangelion was so much more. Amongst the existential dread, the kooky humour and giant robots the show was always about people, about relationships, about discovering who you are despite the pain of reality.

Gowr recognised and acted on that fact, acted on the humanity of Evangelion. But most importantly the love and dedication to keeping the story true to Evangelion, true to that vision of humanity is clear in every word, every scene and chapter. To both maintain that connection to the source material, while progressing and creating originality is a balance rare in fanfiction. To have something that stays true to its origin, and stand on its own. While it is of course hyperbole to suggest fanfiction can stand without its source, it's equally true to say that, at least to me personally, that Gowr has only added to why I love Evangelion.

All the best to you Toast in future projects:

Marty.
NTR lover chapter 26 . 5/21/2023
Hey this is really good
xwcezq chapter 1 . 5/18/2023
I'm sorry for this review. It's more of the confessions of a new reader than a review of one who finished reading this after becoming invested into it. This is not criticism, but an admission of the reality:

I read the reviews about cuckolding and the series being devoid of warmth and being ice cold towards the LAS ship, the very thing this fic promised to be centered towards. I did not read from the beginning, since I was wary of being invested into something that would turn out to be NTR. I read chapter 32, then found out about the Asuka and Kaworu thing and some other stuff.

Needless to say, it turned me off pretty badly. I won't be reading this. I'm sorry if it sounded hurtful and not acknowledging all the other good things about this fic and all the effort you put into writing this. But as a reader, putting NTR or near-NTR as a plotpoint always seemed very tasteless to me.

The same reason I stopped watching SAO after season 1. Even after pulling away from the NTR and then going into fixing the ship with all your might may seem a noble thing to do, but the damage has already been done. It is a Pyrrhic victory, it does not have the same taste or warmth anymore, and will never gain it back.

Sorry for being prejudiced and cold, but this is how I felt. I enjoyed the first 3 chapters of your fic where your creativity and ideas flowed wonderfully into words whose intention was to bring Asuka and Shinji together regardless of the obstacles that lay in their way. It was a beautiful beginning. But I will not read this anymore since I have no intention of getting invested into it due to reasons stated above. Sorry.
Sunsetman chapter 39 . 5/14/2023
I finally finished this one and I have to say, it was one hell of a ride! A genuinely well-written story featuring good characterization and interesting twists. Keep at it!
JazzCabbage chapter 1 . 4/26/2023
The two people reviewing below are me crazy and kinda scary, you should read this fic tho, it's a good.
deathbringer374 chapter 39 . 4/26/2023
Disregard the former reviewer and read this fic or be destroyed. It's one hell of a ride.

A ride that begins with naught but a slight deviation should not be written so well. At times I go through the latter chapters and can see the work done to clean every line, make every word pungent and meaningful. I sometimes hate how well written it is. Quality aside, the plot also keeps one glued to the screen, wired to the self-destructing nature of Asuka's pursuits, and Shinji's quiet growth through hardship. Talk about a fucking amotional rollercoaster, god damm. Easily one of the essential Asushin fics of all time, one every fan of the pairing should have read. Classic shit. Yes I said it. So read, and review further.

To the author: Well done, and cheers on having finished this fucking trip of a fic. You owe me a handshake and a 'see you later alligator' sequence.

PEACE.
jdelmo chapter 32 . 4/25/2023
I was loving it then you ruined it with the cuckolding, 0/10 felt disgusted
Lebeauf chapter 39 . 4/8/2023
Forgot to leave the review. Read and translated this fic before I made this account, so.

This is easily one of my favorite Evangelion fanfictions. I don't agree with all of your decisions, but that's natural. We all have our own tastes and vision. To me, Gendo's early intervention arc and Shinji's characterization felt like the weakest part of the story. On the other hand, post-Bardiel was such a gripping experience.

What I also found good was the pacing. So many well-regarded fics have a pacing issue, I've found; nothing ever moves while several tens of thousands of words are writing themselves to a slog of real-time retelling of characters' every single minute. This story briskly moves between its intended points, and I admire that.

I recently heard you were planning a new fic based on this story's universe. I can't wait for it. Good luck and happy writing!
IkeaisOP chapter 3 . 3/10/2023
Thank you for not writing the same battle sequence for 9999999th time and skipping to its aftermath. The lack of filler or events that would take place similarly to the anime is much appreciated. I also like how the fic is descriptive when it needs to be yet never verbose. I'm noticing a lot more stuff than I did reading it originally years ago.