Reviews for The Accused
Scribe of Telcontar chapter 1 . 4/19
A really good story (as are apparently all your stories). Your dialogues are well-written and true to character. I already knew that you capture Aragorn well, but now I see that you can also do Butterbur. He doesn't trust rangers and has his flaws, but he is a decent guy (something that other writers seem to see differently) and I think you captured that and you also made your OC similar. She was worried, which is understandable, but also fair and even changed her mind (which is not always easy). She is very life-like, she even reminds me of some elder ladies I know from my hometown (a small village with people who often distrust strangers, just like Bree) and her cat reminds me of their cats. So the whole situation together seemed very likely to me and it was a pleasure to read.
Frodo's sister chapter 1 . 1/22
Very good story.
Drollittle chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
This one has a fun plotline (though I did suspect the cat as soon as Widow Woodsorrel mentioned that it had jumped up on the sheet)! You write the supporting characters like Butterbur and Ferny well.
Deandra chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Of course you can't write so much now - your kitten likes to lay on your computer keys!

- Deandra
ScribeofHeroes chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
I do love cats, and this is exactly what one would do. Nice red herring with Bill Ferny. In fact, nice story all the way around! :)
Virtuella chapter 1 . 6/3/2014
Cute!
Darkover chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
Dear Linda: I was very glad to be able to re-read this story here, and mark it as one of my Favorites! Everything about this story is written perfectly-the descriptions, the dialogue, the characterization, and the plot-all of it was just a great pleasure to read. Parts I especially liked were: the line about the hobbits at the inn who were devouring a meal that looked as if it were meant for Men twice their size; the OC Widow Woodsorrel, who seems more than capable of looking after her own interests; Barliman Butterbur's line about how "folk don't want to share with strange wandering folk, lest they be murdered in their beds"-tact is clearly just a concept to Barliman-and Halbarad telling his kinsman and chieftain about how when he thinks about who Aragorn was born to be, and how they are reduced to sweeping out stables for a few coppers-all of that was impressively written. And the plot was a very good one. I liked how the Widow had the decency to apologize, and that was a very good line to end this story on. Congratulations on your new kitten, and take care! Sincerely, Darkover
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 6/2/2014
I loved this when I first read it on Teitho. A wonderful little story with such a lovely twist in the end.
Glad to see it here. :)
EverleighBain chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Hello! Such a fun story-once again the Bree-folk are so quick to think the worst of our heroes, but it's nice to see them proving the finger-pointers wrong, at least this one time. And the ending surprised me... I never would have guessed the cat was the culprit! Thank goodness for Rangerly tracking skills :D

Thanks for sharing!
Ev
aitchtee chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
As always a very good story about Aragorn and Halbarad and I love the thieving cat! I also like the way Butterbur is quite kind to the rangers albeit a bit grudgingly.
Animekitty47 chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
Haha! Nice red herring with Bill Ferny. The cat was cute. Great job with this story!
fantasychica37 chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
I love it! :)
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 5/31/2014
So lovely to see this posted here! I think it's one of your recent best.