Reviews for Rock Bay
Tonyfan31970 chapter 12 . 3/17
Is this story complete? I hope not. I'd love to see a scene with them doing the things heh talked about doing together. Despite my best efforts to talk myself out of reading it, I did- I don't like the really depressing ones. But I got strangely caught up in this one abs couldn't stop reading it. Interesting. Almost like a movie.
ChEmMiE chapter 14 . 2/3
Finally able to read this... LOVED IT! Glad to see Ziva doing better :)
And yay! She gets to go back to work :D

Can't wait for the next chapter
girleffect chapter 14 . 1/24
"They were living. Whether they meant to or not."

Um, ok, tears. I am blown away every time, of course, but this last bit? With them together at the bottom of the ocean? living? it killed me. She's always been alone, in her disassociations in the water. But now that she's healing, more fully here, more fully present, she knows he's with her too. I love that she admits that all she really wants is to live- to be here with him in this moment. It's so tender and true.

I loved that she has solid things to hang on to- part time hours, Schmiel's call on Sunday, his books, the urge- no, the need- to give back (though she has given so much already). Especially, I loved that Gibbs is frank with her (when is he not) but lets her know, in his own way, just how special she is to him- to all of them. She needed to hear it.
I was so proud when, at the end, Ziva pulled herself out of a moment of disassociation- and had them go outside. It's small progress, but it's there. More than that, I'm proud of you for this. Your compassion and deep insight shine through in everything you write. I am lucky to know it, and you. I want more. xoxoxoxoxoox.
CountessCora chapter 14 . 1/24
Beautiful chapter as always!
jo-zabby chapter 14 . 1/24
Oh my goodness. I do not think that words can express how incredible this story is. You are an amazing writer and have painted Ziva's condition with such clarity... This story made me feel such a wide range of emotions. You are a talented author.
Another fantastic chapter
always an interesting read, fred
Debbie chapter 14 . 1/22
Yes she finally reached out to Emma's mother Ziva is finally getting there . Love the fact she was talking to Schmiel. I think her talking to Gibbs and knowing he was supporting her all the way gave her the strength to move forward in her recovery and reach out to Mrs. Coffman. Love everything about this chapter. Thank you for continuing with this storyline.
born30 chapter 14 . 1/23
"You're still-"

Hm. Yes. But such progress, finally. After so much drifting. Here she had things to hold on to. A date to talk to Schmiel again, his books for her. A walk with Gibbs, the file he brought her. The file that brought her back to the reality of this case. She's only had her dreams for so long. And Emma's mother, reaching out. All is not lost. Life keeps on living.

A hopeful chapter to be sure. I will be reading it again. Brava. *hugs*
MSerrada chapter 14 . 1/23
I'm glad you showed this Gibbs. I've been rather vexed at him so far in this story...though I get that it's from Ziva's POV, he has come across as very harsh. She, and I, needed him to say and show how much she means to him, and you got it perfectly in character here.
More progress on both physical and emotional fronts. I liked that she was more self aware and accepted that it was best that she wasn't armed. The point in the coffee shop when her anxiety ratcheted up was that much more impactful by her automatic search for a weapon.
As always, an emotional and multilayered chapter I reread several times to catch your interesting nuances.
JustBecause2012 chapter 14 . 1/23
The last two lines of this chapter were perfect! Just love, love, love the depth you bring to these characters and all the intricate details you bring to what's happening. Thank you for continuing to write Tony and Ziva!
EowynGoldberry chapter 14 . 1/22
Hope she is starting to get healthy again and quits feeling guilty about the ones she couldn't find or help. Funny though to read about summer time when Nashville has had its biggest snowfall in 13 years!:)
Debbie chapter 13 . 12/25/2015
This chapter makes it seem like the tide is starting to turn for Ziva and maybe baby steps in getting back to being healthy. Keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen. Merry Christmas.
born30 chapter 13 . 12/27/2015
To live is not easy. It takes so much effort, so much...staging and fore-thought. And Ziva is present, that swimming, drowning feeling. It is hard enough to heal yourself, but to heal others as yourself...

I desperately long for a chapter from Tony's viewpoint. I feel his anguish here; I always do. It would be for clarity. I get lost in Ziva's dreamworld-that's how I think of it. A world of pain but also relief. Which is worse, the waves or the light above the sea?

I never know what to say. This is no ordinary story. I read bits of Foundling the other day, and it's evident you give each story what it needs.

Hope is slippery. I want to put my hands over Ziva's, and help her cling to it.
Sue Dooley chapter 13 . 12/25/2015