Reviews for Rock Bay
Sunnyside2 chapter 7 . 13h ago
You took me on quite the rollercoaster with this great chapter. Starting out so lovey with the blossoms. But then the asthma attack, the photographers, Ziva and Tony confronting some demons took it out of me, as well as them. But so awesome that they got in the same page finally yay! Ziva's recovery. I hope it goes well. She needs rest and relaxation. A trip to a beach with white sand and clear waters wouldn't hurt ;-)
born30 chapter 7 . 2/12
I'm sorry it has taken me so long to get to this review. There are not enough hours in a day and I have made a habit of wearing myself out and falling asleep too early, but it's five in the morning and I've finally gotten to read this update.

So many times my throat closed up. The way you write Tony and Ziva in this story...I will never be over it. Their interactions-or maybe more how they relate to each other-is so minute at times and leaves just enough to the imagination to raise gooseflesh. That moment after he wears her down and sits on the bed with her and she just catches the side of his mouth before the call startles them...yeah. I don't even know what my point was anymore, but that was a nice moment. :)

I think Ziva's kinship with these woman is, and has been from the start, understandable. It is something she will not simply get over because it is her story, too. She was a survivor. A lucky one. But the wounds are similar, the ramifications. I liked the analogy you put in Tony's mouth about ripping the scab off and letting the would run clean. Natural healing takes time and maybe there will be a scar-maybe that will never go away. But it won't bleed anymore. It won't fester. I was also interested in the comment that perhaps Vance sent her knowing she would identify with the case-with the victims. He knew she wouldn't stop until they uncovered the corruption. (I stopped short of saying justice, because there hasn't been that yet.)

As usual, your work floors me. This story especially has meant a lot to me. I have a kinship as well, with Canada and rainy landscapes, and I love falling into the atmosphere you create. I love this T & Z. I love the whole thing, even though it is hard to breathe while reading. I wish I could give you more, but thumb typing on my tablet is not easy and work calls. Thank you, thank you. Love you lots, T
Can't tell you how happy I was to see this story updated. :) I just love everything about it. The descriptions of the town, scenery, and the interactions and dialogue between Tony and Ziva (I love how he is taking care of her in this chapter, and love even more that she is letting him). As always thank you for writing!
Azucar chapter 7 . 2/7
Im so happy you updated this story and continued on! Please tell us their romance and her recovery : )
Sugar
girleffect chapter 7 . 2/8
I am speechless. This chapter went above and beyond my expectations, and believe me, I had high ones. Everything was so raw and true and charged with emotion. When I was reading, especially when Ziva was being ambushed by the reporters, that I, too, was having trouble seeing- that's how vivid it was. I love that Tony puts his arm around her and protects her- makes them back off. He loves her so much- she is so precious to him. I love how.. there he is for her. How understanding, how protective, yet not hovering. He understands everything- or at least as much as he can. Reflecting on that dead look in her eyes back in Somalia- I had chills, again.

I love that smoker- Myrna- made her that beautiful drawing to keep her safe. All respect. It hurt to know how talented she is, how much potential she has. I know it hurt Ziva too, in a deep, deep way.

"You look terrible." What a thing to say- and maybe she looks sick, but she doesn't look terrible- to say that- it ostracized Ziva further. Drove her under those covers, but Tony was right there to catch. He always will be, and I love that.

"But it should not matter- you promised you would always, always find me." I'm tearing up. He did, and he has- Somalia, now- always. So much emotion. So much craft and a handle on the issues and a real deep understanding of Ziva. I am so proud. I am floored. I am teary. This is amazing. Brava. xoxox forever.
LadyMris chapter 7 . 2/8
I just discovered this story yesterday and read the entire thing. I am blown away. It is beyond superb. The atmosphere in the beginning when Ziva is cold as she arrives in Canada and the descriptions are amazing, so detailed, so evocative that I could almost feel the cold with her.
I can only assume you are Canadian or your research is impeccable because there were so many details I was unaware of with that part of the world. It is such a rich story in regards to the setting and the mystery.
But it doesn't stop there; Ziva's sympathies and outrage are clear and hark back to her own inner demons so well. Tony, stalwart and caring as I wish he would have been more often on the show. And the moments of Ziva going off on her own to investigate were just a perfect pitch for our stubborn ninja.
The medical stuff was outstanding; Tony's care for her, worry could be felt and the Cherry Blossoms was a lovely touch. I just had to leave my compliments on a well thought out and written story.

This Tiva lover saw a glimpse of what could have been in your story. Well Done.
ChEmMiE chapter 7 . 2/8
I just went back to reread the previous 2 chapters first... it's been THAT long since the last chapter! Had to remember everything, you know?

Ziva having memorized all those guide books is just too awesome! :) It's disappointing she doesn't know the exact length of the trail, though! ;)

Oh geez! Getting attacked by the media, now? That is definitely NOT what either of them (especially Ziva) needs at the moment!

I hated it! They didn't go see the little mermaid in Stanley Park! Totally unforgivable!
KIDDING! Obviously! hehe

This entire chapter was amazing! The trying to get away from the storm, the crazy media people... the talk about why she felt connected to those women (I'm with Tony!)... The orca painting/drawing was a really really nice touch as well!
And the writing was soooo good! You did awesome! :D
groovin chapter 7 . 2/7
Wow! Two updates in one week! This is much appreciated.

Montreal Lobster Rolls? Lmao! I still cringed when I was reminded of how serious her injuries were. Those reporters might have been intrusive, but they asked the right questions

All around great update.
Kikilia14 chapter 7 . 2/6
Lovely
bunnykoko chapter 7 . 2/6
You're welcome. Made my day when I got the alert.
Debbie chapter 7 . 2/6
I'm so glad you picked this back up. I think this is a beautiful story. I like how Ziva is learning to lean on tony. I can feel the emotions, I can see the scenes, you write very well. Please continue.
CountessCora chapter 7 . 2/6
Such a good chapter. I love how you write Tony and Ziva.
rebecca-in-blue chapter 6 . 10/13/2014
Love how fiercely composed Ziva remains while giving her statement to all those suits (especially considering her condition). Love her reaction when they apologize to her. Love how solidly Tony is there for her afterwards. Love it all. And as much as I love seeing Tony and Ziva together, I'm kinda starting to miss the rest of the team. Hope we'll get to see them soon!
rebecca-in-blue chapter 5 . 10/7/2014
Please don't the severe lateness of this review as a comment on this chapter, which is awesome. I know Ziva is just digging herself in deeper, but I love how even when she's sick, she still rips into the detectives so fiercely. Also love the interaction between her and Tony in the hospital in the first part - just lovely.
talimom1997 chapter 6 . 9/24/2014
I wanted to wait a couple days and reread before reviewing. I am feeling so bad for Ziva and all the ailments this encounter produced, and all her anxiety about the various responses she may encounter, from Gibbs to Vance, and whether Tony is angry with her. You relayed her struggles so well, as she lapsed in and out of meds and states of consciousness.

And what can I say about your Tony? Love him. His strength, patience, concern and support. His pride in his ninja's quest for justice and the unrepresented. The ease of their relationship and their ready understanding of each other. Tony's cherry blossom surprise. His hovering nearby with her inhaler. Just being her rock. I love the implied more romantic side of their caring, not just partners. Just love them being the through this , together. This story has been such a treat. I feel like a starving woman, needing a steady dose of quality stories if my beloved duo like Ziva here now needs her inhaler.