Reviews for Fire and Ice
Mars chapter 41 . 4/5
Beautifully written story. Thank you for sharing this. Three days well spent. Was annoyed with Seifer 90% pf the story but he pulled through :)
Dark Huntress Rikali chapter 41 . 3/9
Soooo after a good many days of reading this fabulous story I must say I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out! So a bit of background, I had tracked down this story way back when you we're first starting it out and I kept it in favorites ever since... Now queue in several years later and a rekindling of FF8 love and I go sifting through old stories I'd liked and I see this one. Can't believe I forgot about it till now but with the massive amounts of reading done these last few days as a result...in a way I'm glad I let it sit. Was completely absorbed in this story and all the elements in it! This was so well done and thank you so much for writing it! :) I was being torn apart along with the characters and their struggle...Was so captivating. Thanks again for such a gem.
TaiyaZelasi chapter 41 . 2/23
Thank you for the excellent story! 3
x Euphoria chapter 41 . 8/6/2014
I'm finally done! I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to finish the last chapters but I'm just so sad it's over now. It was a wonderful story. I'll have to go check out the sequel :) Thank you for this piece of amazingness!
x Euphoria chapter 34 . 8/5/2014
Wow I didn't suspect Nida until I read his name. All these chapters have just been so incredible. One of the best stories I've read in a while.
x Euphoria chapter 28 . 8/4/2014
oh my god. If I thought the other chapter I reviewed broke me then this one killed me. holy shit
x Euphoria chapter 26 . 8/4/2014
Wow so I've been reading this story since last night and god. This chapter broke me. The whole story is incredible. The scene where Seifer and Quistis were arguing was so like powerful it was insane.

I just love. LOVE. the back stories of the two. You gave their characters a lot of life and it's just perfect really.
Pirotessa chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Well Altol, first of all I would like to thank you for this marvellous fiction you had giften us! I first read it two years ago and it was the first fanfiction I've read. I had always wanted to make a review but I don't know why but I felt shy to do it. Now I just can't let the opportunity pass.
When I started reading it I just couldn't stop. I was totally absorbed. It took me a week of almost nonstop and when I finished it I continued with Gods and Gardens.
This story of yours made me laugh and cry. I confess that I was not fond of the characters in the game but when I read the story they captured me, wanting them to have a happy ending.
For me Fire and Ice will always be the real continuing of the story of Final Fantasy 8! So congratulations!
Jenmoon1 chapter 41 . 5/20/2014
I absolutely loved this a almost perfect mix of Comedy Angst and romance. My only wish was more lemons and that Niga Fuu and Cid hadn't been killed off Good job
IndigoBug chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
I'm revisiting this fic so many years later! It's still awesome. Glad to see your still around writing altol. Keep it up :)
Prodigy chapter 41 . 6/29/2013
I THINK I reviewed this once awhile back, but I wasnt sure. Its been on my favorites list for years, but I just had the time to finish it...and I might have to go back and read it all again, since I stopped reading it years ago and just got back into it a few months ago.

Id like to review each chapter, but I am afraid I dont have time for that, so Ill just leave you with some thoughts.

First off, your writing style is utterly brilliant. Your descriptions and analogies allow for amazing imagery, and your dialogue for the characters makes it so fun to read.

Secondly, you capture the essence of these character so well. Ive seen it done in other stories, but what you do so well that other authors dont (at least not AS well), is grow the characters within their won frame of personality. What does that mean? Alot of people tend to write the character OUT of character when attempting to have them grow as characters. You can actually feel the relaltionships change as you read, as well as the characters. Takes a special writer to do that.

Third, the story is amazingly fun to read. Again, I dont want to review anything specific since I forget much of the first 25 chapters, but from what I read recently and what I remember, the story has a perfect flow, is cohesive, and just stays true to what FF8 is. Im not usually a big fan of Seifer/Quistis stories. i like the characters very much, but they are usually pretty cheesy, not written nearly as well or the characters just arent wrote well. Those, however, are the strengths of your story.

Bottom line...I consider myself a pretty good writer, but your writing makes me feel inadequate. ;) Thats not as bad as it sounds...because it also inspires me to get better. I dont put many stories in my faves, but yours has been there for years, and for good reason. I honestly think you should be a published writer. You are THAT good.

Doubt you will read this, but I enjoyed the story enough to warrant it.
friedectoplasm chapter 41 . 6/28/2013
I'd read this years ago, in late highschool, and it made me 'get' fanfiction for the first time. Prior to that, it seemed just .. superfluous, or maybe a little skeevy, but I think Fire and Ice is an excellent example of why it is done: because sometimes there's more to tell, beyond the canon. (Or because someone challenges you to use as many Seifistis clich├ęs as possible, as you said? Either reason will do, haha.) Returning to this years after my first reading, I'm still struck by the strong story-telling, wonderful banter, and the weave of plotbunnies. This is incredibly well-done. Thank you for writing it!
UniCryin chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I think Johnny Cash's Hurt is better :p

Great story
Rai-San Fenix chapter 41 . 5/30/2013
This was an amazingly beautiful story. I didn't want to stop reading once I started
Metal4lifex chapter 29 . 3/10/2013
I stumbled upon this story a few days ago and have been addicted since the first chapter. This is what I've been looking for, a good LONG story with Seifer and Quistis at its forefront. On top of all that, I love how much you have expanded on the world of Final Fantasy VIII, the science behind magic, casting, and functioning in particular. All I can say is that I'm truely blown away by the story you've constructed, excellent job!
1,321 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »