Reviews for Fire and Ice
Yang Xiao Long chapter 41 . 5/23
This story is totally epic, in so many amazing ways, the battles scenes were superb, Seifer and Quistis... how do I tell you that I didn't even ship them before your story? The Nida issue definitely broke my heart a little, it was a great move to change him instead of Xyrxis. Thank you for giving them the "happy ending" it was an amazing and absolute worthwhile reading, thank you very much for writing it!
solati chapter 41 . 4/27
I just finished reading this week and it was amazing. Made a new ff account to say that if you aren't writing a book right now, I totally implore you to do so! I'd totally read it :)
BIGerontheInside chapter 41 . 2/14
Ugh, I read this again.

I really want to vomit now.

I'm otherwise at a loss for articulating my feelings.
Bigerontheinside chapter 13 . 1/26
Okay, really, no one handles formaldehyde without gloves, never mind a tissue specimen. That shit is super teratogenic. That smell is the worst when you're congested.

Is quistis Britishish? More thoughts had I, before my ambien kicked in an, soft! Rest is nigh!
Gold chapter 41 . 12/4/2015
I haven't been this riveted by a piece of writing for a very long time. I had a marvellous reading experience and I hope I'll be fortunate enough to repeat this experience via the sequel. The writing got sharper, fiercer and better-woven, somehow, as the chapters passed. The battle scenes are my favourite, in particular Quistis' final stand. As I read , I felt that I was there in person, blood on the battlefield and in my teeth, blinded by the final Protect that was cast with Quistis' life, and choked by the stench of war and madness fouling the air. I swear, I could smell it. I will miss the Quistis of this story, and I wish I could see her fight again, through your writing, a Blue Mage with her Save The Queen and her Knight.

When a story spans years in the making, it is more than a labour of love. It is a great gift. As a reader who has found this story, I am just so glad I am this lucky. Thank you, most awfully, from the bottom of my heart.
Girl-chama chapter 2 . 11/30/2015
Hmmm, I appreciate the need for setup, but there is a little bit of melodrama going on in Q's thinking, I think. She's still young but she's also been through a massive war and is not surrounded by people who are critical of her- why should she be doubting herself so thoroughly after all she's accomplished? It runs me a little the wrong way, but I am still interested to see where the story is going, so I'm reading onward.
Girl-chama chapter 1 . 11/30/2015
So very interested to see where this goes. Admittedly I am only now wetting my feet in the FF8 fandom but I have not yet come upon the broken-Seifer-trope until now. The writing is pretty good overall. I have to re-read it in spots to get the full meaning, but it works. Going onward :)
YellowShoes chapter 41 . 11/21/2015
I swear, this is one fanfic I could read over and over and over and over and over again and never get tired of it.
Guest chapter 40 . 11/8/2015
I don't know if you still check this thing but I started reading this story in 2002 when I had just turned 11 and to this day, at the age of 24, I still come back to this chapter when I need a cry that I can't tug out of myself, so thank you for keeping your words here. I hope in 10 years they're still here when I need to let it all out.
h34rt1lly chapter 41 . 8/6/2015
I couldn't have imagined a better final chapter. It was happy, fluffy, but deep and full of so much emotion all at the same time.

This story lived up to my expectations and did not disappoint. I had so many people recommend it to me and I'm happy that I finally found the time to sit down and read it. Seifer's characterization on your part was just...perfect. He was so human, so well-rounded and so HIM.

While there were certain parts that I didn't agree with some of Quistis' dialogue, those parts were few and far between and were closer to the beginning than the end. When things picked up in the middle, I just flew through the final chapters.

Their chemistry is one of my favorite things about the pairing and it astounds me that so many different authors can take the same two people, put them in completely different situations, and still produce the same electricity that exists between them. Obviously, as I said, you didn't disappoint.

I will definitely be re-reading this probably once a year, at least. after all, this last chapter is worth it in and of itself!
SilentStarlightSky chapter 41 . 8/6/2015
Somebody recommended your story on Tumblr, and I ended up reading the whole thing over the last week or two because of that. I really liked it. Quistis and Xu's observations of Squall and Rinoa in the earlier chapters were pretty harsh (in a funny way), but it really made sense in the overall scheme of your story. I think there was a line about Squall always being there to save Rinoa from an evil sorceress or a spider or from doing her own laundry. I'll laugh at that forever. It was interesting to see a tragic back story for Seifer and Quistis. It helped explain their personality types. It was interesting, and I enjoyed it. Good job!
h34rt1lly chapter 29 . 8/5/2015
OCH. it's beautiful. This chapter is a thing of beauty. They way they came together, his inner monologue. Beautiful. I just want to capture this chapter in a painting to forever gave upon.

Sadly, I can't paint. So I'll have to settle for re-reads every now and then.
h34rt1lly chapter 21 . 8/5/2015
I know it's been a really long time since I left a review. I've been binge reading the story as much as possible in my free time.

I loved their interactions in this chapter. We're finally getting to see the change in their dynamic. I love slow burn romances because when things do finally happen, the build-up makes it that much greater.

Can't wait to see what happens with them & the IGCS situation. Also, I hope Quistis keeps the dog xD
h34rt1lly chapter 3 . 7/28/2015
As I also write Seiftis, I've had SO MANY people recommend this story to me. I really don't know how I haven't read it until now.

This chapter was perfect. Their meeting post-War could go so many different ways and I'm always intrigued by other writers' takes on the situation.

Seifer and Squall were on point. There was like one line in Quistis' tirade that I scrunched my nose up at but hey, that's the beauty of fanfiction :3

this also kind of reminds me of staceums' 'Sound of a Trembling Heart' and how QUistis was assigned to evaluate seifer. I love that particular trope so I'm super excited to see how this plays out!

To the next!
gracie chapter 41 . 6/27/2015
thanks for you great story. I've read it at least 3 times now and it's still a great read.

my favorite line is: 'I've dreamed of you for so long I forgot you existed.'

followed closely by: 'Quistis Trepe was not a fair maiden - she was a trained mercenary in a pretty dress and she had a vicious right hook.' their reunion still makes me laugh.
1,336 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »