Reviews for Fire and Ice
Guest chapter 40 . 11/8/2015
I don't know if you still check this thing but I started reading this story in 2002 when I had just turned 11 and to this day, at the age of 24, I still come back to this chapter when I need a cry that I can't tug out of myself, so thank you for keeping your words here. I hope in 10 years they're still here when I need to let it all out.
h34rt1lly chapter 41 . 8/6/2015
I couldn't have imagined a better final chapter. It was happy, fluffy, but deep and full of so much emotion all at the same time.

This story lived up to my expectations and did not disappoint. I had so many people recommend it to me and I'm happy that I finally found the time to sit down and read it. Seifer's characterization on your part was just...perfect. He was so human, so well-rounded and so HIM.

While there were certain parts that I didn't agree with some of Quistis' dialogue, those parts were few and far between and were closer to the beginning than the end. When things picked up in the middle, I just flew through the final chapters.

Their chemistry is one of my favorite things about the pairing and it astounds me that so many different authors can take the same two people, put them in completely different situations, and still produce the same electricity that exists between them. Obviously, as I said, you didn't disappoint.

I will definitely be re-reading this probably once a year, at least. after all, this last chapter is worth it in and of itself!
SilentStarlightSky chapter 41 . 8/6/2015
Somebody recommended your story on Tumblr, and I ended up reading the whole thing over the last week or two because of that. I really liked it. Quistis and Xu's observations of Squall and Rinoa in the earlier chapters were pretty harsh (in a funny way), but it really made sense in the overall scheme of your story. I think there was a line about Squall always being there to save Rinoa from an evil sorceress or a spider or from doing her own laundry. I'll laugh at that forever. It was interesting to see a tragic back story for Seifer and Quistis. It helped explain their personality types. It was interesting, and I enjoyed it. Good job!
h34rt1lly chapter 29 . 8/5/2015
OCH. it's beautiful. This chapter is a thing of beauty. They way they came together, his inner monologue. Beautiful. I just want to capture this chapter in a painting to forever gave upon.

Sadly, I can't paint. So I'll have to settle for re-reads every now and then.
h34rt1lly chapter 21 . 8/5/2015
I know it's been a really long time since I left a review. I've been binge reading the story as much as possible in my free time.

I loved their interactions in this chapter. We're finally getting to see the change in their dynamic. I love slow burn romances because when things do finally happen, the build-up makes it that much greater.

Can't wait to see what happens with them & the IGCS situation. Also, I hope Quistis keeps the dog xD
h34rt1lly chapter 3 . 7/28/2015
As I also write Seiftis, I've had SO MANY people recommend this story to me. I really don't know how I haven't read it until now.

This chapter was perfect. Their meeting post-War could go so many different ways and I'm always intrigued by other writers' takes on the situation.

Seifer and Squall were on point. There was like one line in Quistis' tirade that I scrunched my nose up at but hey, that's the beauty of fanfiction :3

this also kind of reminds me of staceums' 'Sound of a Trembling Heart' and how QUistis was assigned to evaluate seifer. I love that particular trope so I'm super excited to see how this plays out!

To the next!
gracie chapter 41 . 6/27/2015
thanks for you great story. I've read it at least 3 times now and it's still a great read.

my favorite line is: 'I've dreamed of you for so long I forgot you existed.'

followed closely by: 'Quistis Trepe was not a fair maiden - she was a trained mercenary in a pretty dress and she had a vicious right hook.' their reunion still makes me laugh.
Mars chapter 41 . 4/5/2015
Beautifully written story. Thank you for sharing this. Three days well spent. Was annoyed with Seifer 90% pf the story but he pulled through :)
Dark Huntress Rikali chapter 41 . 3/9/2015
Soooo after a good many days of reading this fabulous story I must say I couldn't be more pleased with how it turned out! So a bit of background, I had tracked down this story way back when you we're first starting it out and I kept it in favorites ever since... Now queue in several years later and a rekindling of FF8 love and I go sifting through old stories I'd liked and I see this one. Can't believe I forgot about it till now but with the massive amounts of reading done these last few days as a result...in a way I'm glad I let it sit. Was completely absorbed in this story and all the elements in it! This was so well done and thank you so much for writing it! :) I was being torn apart along with the characters and their struggle...Was so captivating. Thanks again for such a gem.
TaiyaZelasi chapter 41 . 2/23/2015
Thank you for the excellent story! 3
x Euphoria chapter 41 . 8/6/2014
I'm finally done! I've been so busy with work I haven't been able to finish the last chapters but I'm just so sad it's over now. It was a wonderful story. I'll have to go check out the sequel :) Thank you for this piece of amazingness!
x Euphoria chapter 34 . 8/5/2014
Wow I didn't suspect Nida until I read his name. All these chapters have just been so incredible. One of the best stories I've read in a while.
x Euphoria chapter 28 . 8/4/2014
oh my god. If I thought the other chapter I reviewed broke me then this one killed me. holy shit
x Euphoria chapter 26 . 8/4/2014
Wow so I've been reading this story since last night and god. This chapter broke me. The whole story is incredible. The scene where Seifer and Quistis were arguing was so like powerful it was insane.

I just love. LOVE. the back stories of the two. You gave their characters a lot of life and it's just perfect really.
Pirotessa chapter 1 . 8/1/2014
Well Altol, first of all I would like to thank you for this marvellous fiction you had giften us! I first read it two years ago and it was the first fanfiction I've read. I had always wanted to make a review but I don't know why but I felt shy to do it. Now I just can't let the opportunity pass.
When I started reading it I just couldn't stop. I was totally absorbed. It took me a week of almost nonstop and when I finished it I continued with Gods and Gardens.
This story of yours made me laugh and cry. I confess that I was not fond of the characters in the game but when I read the story they captured me, wanting them to have a happy ending.
For me Fire and Ice will always be the real continuing of the story of Final Fantasy 8! So congratulations!
1,358 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »