Reviews for Fire and Ice
Jenmoon1 chapter 41 . 5/20/2014
I absolutely loved this a almost perfect mix of Comedy Angst and romance. My only wish was more lemons and that Niga Fuu and Cid hadn't been killed off Good job
SurlyPrincess chapter 1 . 10/7/2013
I'm revisiting this fic so many years later! It's still awesome. Glad to see your still around writing altol. Keep it up :)
Prodigy chapter 41 . 6/29/2013
I THINK I reviewed this once awhile back, but I wasnt sure. Its been on my favorites list for years, but I just had the time to finish it...and I might have to go back and read it all again, since I stopped reading it years ago and just got back into it a few months ago.

Id like to review each chapter, but I am afraid I dont have time for that, so Ill just leave you with some thoughts.

First off, your writing style is utterly brilliant. Your descriptions and analogies allow for amazing imagery, and your dialogue for the characters makes it so fun to read.

Secondly, you capture the essence of these character so well. Ive seen it done in other stories, but what you do so well that other authors dont (at least not AS well), is grow the characters within their won frame of personality. What does that mean? Alot of people tend to write the character OUT of character when attempting to have them grow as characters. You can actually feel the relaltionships change as you read, as well as the characters. Takes a special writer to do that.

Third, the story is amazingly fun to read. Again, I dont want to review anything specific since I forget much of the first 25 chapters, but from what I read recently and what I remember, the story has a perfect flow, is cohesive, and just stays true to what FF8 is. Im not usually a big fan of Seifer/Quistis stories. i like the characters very much, but they are usually pretty cheesy, not written nearly as well or the characters just arent wrote well. Those, however, are the strengths of your story.

Bottom line...I consider myself a pretty good writer, but your writing makes me feel inadequate. ;) Thats not as bad as it sounds...because it also inspires me to get better. I dont put many stories in my faves, but yours has been there for years, and for good reason. I honestly think you should be a published writer. You are THAT good.

Doubt you will read this, but I enjoyed the story enough to warrant it.
friedectoplasm chapter 41 . 6/28/2013
I'd read this years ago, in late highschool, and it made me 'get' fanfiction for the first time. Prior to that, it seemed just .. superfluous, or maybe a little skeevy, but I think Fire and Ice is an excellent example of why it is done: because sometimes there's more to tell, beyond the canon. (Or because someone challenges you to use as many Seifistis clich├ęs as possible, as you said? Either reason will do, haha.) Returning to this years after my first reading, I'm still struck by the strong story-telling, wonderful banter, and the weave of plotbunnies. This is incredibly well-done. Thank you for writing it!
UniCryin chapter 1 . 6/18/2013
I think Johnny Cash's Hurt is better :p

Great story
Metal4lifex chapter 29 . 3/10/2013
I stumbled upon this story a few days ago and have been addicted since the first chapter. This is what I've been looking for, a good LONG story with Seifer and Quistis at its forefront. On top of all that, I love how much you have expanded on the world of Final Fantasy VIII, the science behind magic, casting, and functioning in particular. All I can say is that I'm truely blown away by the story you've constructed, excellent job!
Ryan chapter 41 . 7/25/2012
Wow, you are very talented you singlehandedly changed my opinion of fanfiction. I had a lump in my throat, and on occasion a tear in my eye, for large parts of the story. The scene where they got together for the first time was so tastefully done, it actually made me think of a song called "when it's cold I'd like to die" by Moby. Final fantasy 8 is still my favourite game ever and it's characters the most memorable, especially Quistis who I always thought deserved better and thanks to you she got it. My problem now is finding fanfics that live up to the quality of this because I can't imagine enjoying something more. Congratulations and thank you for so many great moments and keep writing...please.
sleepymarina chapter 40 . 6/24/2012
Perfect ending. Just, perfect.
sleepymarina chapter 39 . 6/24/2012
Yaaaay, together at last :) At long, long, long-long last. They deserve it.
sleepymarina chapter 38 . 6/23/2012
Things will never be easy for Seifer. I love this plot. Onto the next!
sleepymarina chapter 37 . 6/23/2012
I'm ready for the Grey Wolf! If the next chapter's title means anything, which I'm sure it does. Beautiful writing, as always.
sleepymarina chapter 36 . 6/23/2012
The snow has melted. Wow, I am so sad that this whole journey is coming to an end.
sleepymarina chapter 35 . 6/23/2012
Okay, I couldn't remember who the traitor was and had it wrong the whole time (until now). Fantastic chapter. I'm ready for the snow to melt.
sleepymarina chapter 34 . 6/23/2012
If reviews are like candy, here is a ten pound bag of the stuff. :)
1,343 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »