Reviews for Fire and Ice
sleepymarina chapter 2 . 6/15/2012
I read this back when I was a kid. I'm much older now, and this is still as good as I remember it being (if not better). Thank you for keeping it up on the website. You are a great writer.
damagectrl.07 chapter 41 . 5/7/2012
First of all, I'd like to say that this story is amazing. Wonderful. Brilliant. Well-written. Simply one of the best fanfics EVER. I love how you characterized both Quistis and Seifer. I can relate to their emotion and angst somehow and it has attached me to them. You write them really well. I love their scenes & interactions together. I also love the lyrics and quotes you put in the beginning of the chapters. Hero/Heroine by BLG is one of my fave songs by the way! I totally squealed on that chapter! :) I also think that Beautiful Disaster is a suiting song for Seifer. I'm inspired to make a fanmix now, haha. I'm glad that you gave this story a happy ending. I think both Quistis and Seifer deserved it after all they've been through. I wouldn't be able to take it if the ending was sad and tragic. I have to admit though, this is the first Seifer/Quistis fic I've ever read and you've made me love the pairing.

Congratulations on this awesome work! If you wrote a sequel for this, it would be totally awesome! I'd be really excited if you do. Goodluck on your future endeavors!
FeatherBerry chapter 41 . 2/11/2012
Holy crap this fic took 4 days of on-and-off reading for me to get through and now I've finally finished it 5 days away from my scheduled exam date. I'm proud to admit I've enjoyed every single moment of it! It was epic, brilliant and beautiful. I love they way you wrote every single Seifer and Quistis moment, and you and this story have made this pairing my favourite, despite taking little notice of both of them in the game. Please keep up your fabulous writing, and I can't wait to check out your sequel (only after I take my exam, haha).
gleamfang chapter 41 . 10/20/2011
Oh my god I've finally finished this Masterpiece of a fic. The only Seiftis fic I've read that can hold a candle to The trilogy of Gov't bloodhounds, South down the coast and Recovering the Satellites.

I must say that this fic does have a lot of twists and turns and does feature a lot of intense fights, battles and internal struggles. It's very different from the trilogy and for that I am glad. While still true to character, you have managed to develop otherwise very flatly presented characters and truly made them come alive. I particularly enjoyed reading about Arya's technical Jargon making everybody go "huh?"

Your OC's are amazing and truly complemented the original cast very well but I will say that Serabin, while important in the story and a likable character did not manage to present a sufficient threat to Seiftis in my mind. At least not as much as to when Quistis was lying in a hospital bed and Edea was pulling the plug. (that scene was heart-stopping and played very nicely with the battle going on).

I hope that the Sequel will be finished someday but I can understand the need for a Hiatus. Take a Rest and do come back to being awesome ok? The only exception is if you are crafting another original Masterpiece of your own as I must say this fic shows you have the makings of it.

Ryan Yap
Yellk chapter 41 . 9/10/2011
God, this story. This is the epitome of everything a good story should be. This is the story that makes all other S/Q fics look like a waste of time.

Hope you come back from hiatus and write us another Fire & Ice soon. :)
Steph Clark chapter 41 . 9/9/2011
I have to say that this is the best fucking ever fic I have ever read, and it will always remain my favourite.

I loved the depth you gave the story. The hours of research you must have put in to just the smallest of details, the whole shebang.

I read this with complete and utter emotion. Having beaten breast cancer twice, there were times I thought I would die. You handled the whole issue with courage and conviction, and gave a lot of people comfort knowing that they weren't alone.

Altol, I wish you love and luck, always.

A friendly stranger, Steph Clark xx
horsecrazy2 chapter 41 . 6/18/2011
You have a ton of reviews, many of them far more eloquent than I could ever hope to be in describing just how much I enjoyed reading this, but I wanted you to know that this is the fic that actually inspired me to write my own Seifer/Quistis novel. I stumbled across it on a whim one day, started it, and couldn't tear myself away from the screen until I'd finished it. And from that sprang a 500 page novel that turned into something I never expected, and firmly cemented my love for all things Seifer/Quistis. So thank you for the inspiration, and thank you for sharing your talent with us.
Rinkashi Namiki chapter 41 . 4/6/2011
I cannot express how much I like.. love! this story. It feels so natural. Several times over I have thought that if Square ever made a sequel to FFVIII, that they should simply buy up the rights to "Fire & Ice" for the plot. I have recommended this story to so many people- even ones that have never heard of or played FFVIII. You've written this in such a way that a person barely needs to know the backstory from 8 to be able to fully enjoy your work.

I suppose that I might have such a strong inclination for Seifer and Quistis (and your works) is because that I can relate to them so damn well.
with vine leaves in his hair chapter 41 . 3/14/2011
amazing story. ;)
Sorikaii chapter 41 . 3/4/2011
Let me start off this review by telling you how fantastic this story is. I’m sure you’ve heard it before—the number of reviews this has is staggering, and well deserved. I’m very, very picky in what I read, and so finding something that will meet my fanfiction standards, and for so many chapters, is a rare and lucky feat. I’ve never really been a fan of Seifer/Quistis—it never seemed right to me, too rushed and ridiculous, with no reason other than people like to write romance. But your story was on the favorites list of a few writers that I really respect, so I decided to give it a chance, and I’m glad that I did.

This is how Seifer/Quistis should be written: it doesn’t start off as hate and transcend into more too quickly, it is well-paced and drawn out nicely, and after a while the two of them together began to make sense to me. Kudos for that. But this fanfiction wasn’t just an excellent example of a couple I never got until now—it’s an excellent example of how fanfiction should be written in general.

I know that people tend to over exaggerate their emotions after reading a good fic, but here’s the truth. I cried, which is rare in my history of reading fanfiction, multiple times; the hardest was during the Cid/Quistis death scene thing. It was so poignant, so filled with emotion in simple ways that struck a chord in me. I laughed aloud several times, at humor that didn’t seemed forced into the characters, but natural. I ached at the news of Ceres/Arya’s true identity (which is most likely because I’m the biggest Zell fanatic out there and always want him to have a happy ending, but it’s also got something to do with your writing, for sure). I wanted to punch some characters in the face and give others a big hug. I adore fanfiction that makes you really think, that strikes something in you that has you pondering the larger picture of everything—but that’s not what I found here. I found something completely new—a fanfiction that made me really feel something, that took hold of and captivated me, riveting me to the screen until the story had been told, and then leaving me with an empty hollow feeling when it was over because I wanted more. And stories like this one are the reason this site was really created.

I probably sound really, really creepy and crazy—this I blame on the high dosage pain meds I’m currently taking—because I don’t know you at all, and here I am writing a review that’s almost longer than some of my own fics. I don’t know if this story has faded to the back of your mind, or if it’s all you think about—I always feel a little weird reviewing stories that have been completed long ago, but I needed to leave you a review.

So, to wrap this novel of a review up, I have nothing but the utmost respect for your story telling skills. You’ve made a girl stuck in bed all summer with a cast on her leg very, very happy—and much less bored—at any rate.

PS. I discovered a song recently, and fell in love with it, so I put it on repeat while I was reading this story, and I think that it fits absolutely flawlessly. Of course, I could be completely wrong, but I thought I’d at least alert you to its existence. ‘Sit Down by the Fire’ by The Veils. It’s a beautiful song.
Darkgirl5 chapter 29 . 1/27/2011
So, 12 chapters later and I'm reviewing again. I'm both a lousy reviewer and a bit of a stalker right now. Sorry.

I loved this chapter. You did the impossible and made me Love Seifer. I can't wait to see how this plays out! I'm recommending this to everyone I know-which is admittedly not that many people. Sorry.

I love that you've given Seifer and Quistis similar horror stories in their pasts. I really HATE your OC Brek (which means he's great. Usually I don't care one way or the other for OCs in fanfiction.) I'm looking forward to him getting some just desserts.

I usually try to offer a 'constructive criticism' part but there's nothing to say. Your dialogue is fantastic. Your narrative flow is spot on. I haven't caught a tense shift or misplaced comma. (Not that I'd actually point out the comma, but you get the idea.) Your style is brilliant and gifted and I'll stop flailing now or I might just break my computer.

Thanks for sharing!
Darkgirl5 chapter 17 . 1/26/2011
This story is excellent. I'm sorry that I've read 17 chapers before bothering to review. I'm usually better than that. I guess it just speaks to how great your story really is.

Anyway, I know this is an old story to you by now, but I know I never get tired of receiving praise for my older work. I've never been a Seifer fan (at all) but I enjoy slow building stories and was looking for a FFVIII story that wasn't Squall/Rinoa (how boring can you get?) And I was lucky enough to come across this story.

I love your Quistis. I'm glad you've given her a spine to stand up to Squall. I'm hoping that they'll come to find common ground (but I'll be good either way to be honest. Squall kind of pisses me off sometimes. Or, you know, always.)

I like Seifer. I think you've done a great job making me feel for his plight when I honestly never liked him at all. I enjoy a good redemption fic and yours is a great one.

Anyway, excellent story (and I'm sure you know how great it is.) Thank you for sharing.
XGaaHinaLoverX chapter 41 . 1/13/2011
man this makes me feel like crying :( i love this story so much pls update the sequel quickly
Reever Rayne chapter 41 . 12/23/2010
I feel like a whore...I've been a fan for zell X quistis for a long time and now...I can't choose which I love most...I've read your fic in a record speed of 2 days...2 days...without sleep!Oh my goodness...Your writing style...the way you craft the words...the way you characterize the characters...its perfect!Everything falls into place in the right way you orchestrated the events has left me baffled!The twist and turn...It shocks is no arc that is of them are important.I love the characters...I feel so hollow...empty when i read finish your felt like graduation again...not know what the future holds for us...empty ,hollow,sad,craving for more...Thank you for making this awesome fic!(btw...aww the moomba scouts are in trouble LOL)

Gracious me...i need sleep...well good night XD and thank you for torturing me with this wonderful fic!I can't say enough...LOVE YOUR WRITING STYLE.

PS...I love that this fic is complete!

PPS: you have almost converted me to this pairing fully !
Nethiel Nessime chapter 41 . 11/14/2010
Now at the end of this, I can't quite find the right words. I guess I should start with the fact that this piece of fiction is amongst the best I've ever read, both fan and original. It's right up there with masters Tolkien, Pratchett, Waltari and madam Sinisalo. It's definitely the best piece of literature anyone could find on this particular site, and I've read my share of good fanfiction.

The characters are believably written, their histories, feelings and quirks wonderfully crafted into something one grows to love. There were multiple places that almost made me cry, and one particular (Seifer's past) that made me bawl. As long as the story is, it's unobtrusive and interesting all the way through, without a single boring moment. I salute your writing skills, and I thank you for presenting me with the opportunity to read this masterpiece. Thank you.
1,327 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »