Reviews for Fire and Ice
brandon279 chapter 32 . 6/30/2009
this chapter really deserves its name.

wonderful story.
motchi chapter 29 . 6/22/2009
Funny thing: I thought of this chapter a few days ago, for no particular reason. It was just a strange, random thought: Hey, brain, remember that Quistis/Seifer fanfic you read ages ago that had a steamy little scene in the snow?

I've been away from fandom for a while, and even longer gone from Quistis/Seifer, but your fic's still hanging around in the memory banks—and not just for M-rated reasons. What I remember most about this story is: a) it was long, and b) it had a lot of heart. (And I want to say I remember reading it at a different website, one with light text against a dark background?)

Anyway, just breezing by to say your story's unforgettable—in a good way. :)
devait chapter 41 . 6/4/2009
I'm surprised I managed to finish your story in a couple days. However, your story is just so full of win. Seriously.

I love how you paced the story carefully without it being too rushed or draggy. Your portrayal of the characters and their relationships was also equally awesome. I can't say I'm good at offering constructive criticism, but I can at least give you some due praise. Oh, and good job on effectively pulling off all those cliches, don't you just love 'em.

All in all, an amazing story from an amazing writer.
FFlover chapter 41 . 6/1/2009
Okay, first of all, it took 3 WHOLE FRICKIN' DAYS O..O to FINISH READING this story ! I bet everybody is sayin' just the same thing because of the equally balanced mix of action,suspense,romance plus humor are making it enjoyable and addicting to read. :)

Well,when I read the part where Nida was revealed a traitor, it almost gave me a heart attack (Fortunately, I don't have any heart problems) cause he's one of my fav non playable characters ! But still it is one of the main reasons that makes this story 'alive' so I don't really mind *sob (..Nida..why?..) sob* anyway..

I . JUST .FREAKIN' . HEART THIS FIC !;D good job!
Jelem chapter 41 . 5/7/2009
Oh...

This story took me three days to complete...

Seriously, I LOVE THIS SEIFTIS FANFIC!

Especially how you described the last chapter, on how the fated children were after all, still normal people with normal attitudes...

Though I seriously hated Squall being so emo in this fic, I still love it, on how Seifer and Quistis gradually fell in love...

Also, I love to picture Serabin as a calmer and kinder Sephiroth...(*drools*)

There are a lot of typo's in your fanfic, but nonetheless, it never bothered me because I was so engrossed n the story... _

Love this fanfic, Kudos!
anon chapter 41 . 5/1/2009
I read Fire and Ice a year or two ago and till today it is still one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read on this site. The the action, the well developed romance, the occasional humour, and the deep character analysis are just so well written. This reworked version only makes things better, the chapters just flow better and it's much easier on the eyes (I'm very happy you decided to incorporate scene breaks into the chapters).

There's probably not enough praise in the world that would bring my gratitude to you and your writing skills to justice. Fire and Ice entertained me days on end and the characters and story has and probably will stick with me for years to come. I will definitely be revisiting this story for a 3rd read through. Best of wishes with your future endeavours (I see you're working the sequel to Fire and Ice; hopefully we'll be able to read that completed work soon)
Parizz chapter 41 . 4/26/2009
This is a story I've been wanting to read, but it was only last month when I decided to do so...and guess what?

I LOVE IT!

Although I skipped a lot of parts...the action scenes and the side story because I wanted to concentrate on the Seiftis thing...sorry...but still, it turned out one eyesore because I couldn't stop reading one chapter after another, and your chapters are long! But still, it's a nice feeling after finishing it.

So yeah, I'm glad you made this fic!
Bernarndleo chapter 41 . 4/19/2009
Sadly I didn't get to follow this as it was developing, but congratulations anyway! It was a joy to read.

Truly, a job well done.
Lux Aeterna chapter 41 . 4/16/2009
I absolutely adored everything about this story. You're an absolutely masterful writer, and I wish I could write Seifer and Quistis with even an iota of the skill you have.

I also loved your subtle interjections of wit into the storyline. Plus the fact that you made the romance begin so subtly, rather than just throwing it in there (like I often do, ha). The gradual aspect of it was just fantastic.

I'm gushing a bit here, but it genuinely was a brilliant piece of fiction.
LiliaBella chapter 41 . 4/12/2009
amazing story! i loved it! i didn't review until the end because i kept wanting to know what happened next. lol. must say though, you're great at sad stories. i've never cried over something i've read before lol. it was all beautifully done.

definately going on the favorites list.

keep up the great work!
south of reality chapter 41 . 3/26/2009
If you ever decide to write a book, let me know :]

Its been a pleasure to read this story - albeit it took me 3 days. However, it was well worth it!

I look forward to reading your future stories :D
koalababay chapter 41 . 2/8/2009
Oh my gosh. I have absolutely no idea what to say in this review right now. I just finished reading this story, so now I'm sitting here, dumbfounded, staring at my computer screen. I'm practically holding back an onslaught of tears because it's over and I want MORE!

When I first clicked on your story, I had no idea what to expect from it. I don't read a whole lot of FF8 fanfics, but for some reason, I was bored a few days ago, and I felt like finding a story with a pairing that was so non-canon. And I found this: absolutely PERFECT choice!

From the very first chapter, I knew it was going to be great. You excelled at capturing the characters, the emotions, every single description, the relationships between everyone, and millions of other things in your story. And that's not even mentioning the fact that your plot was so unbelievably intricate and interesting. Oh, and I adored how well you developed Quistis and Seifer's love-hate relationship, ESPECIALLY.

Another thing I loved was how you created a few of your own characters, but did it so well that it seemed so completely natural for them to be a part of the FF8 world. Seriously, I haven't played the game in a long time, and when Arya was first introduced, I was convinced that she was in the game. You did such a great job with her and with Serabin, especially. I loved him, and felt a little sorry for him since things didn't turn out exactly how he hoped they would with a certain *winkwink* SeeD.

Okay, so there are hundreds upon millions of other things I could say to you right now (namely being that you are a fantastic author, and you make me strive to be even just a fraction of the talented author you are), but I don't really know how else to say them.

So I guess I'll just thank you for writing this incredible story, altol. It made me laugh/cry/smile/get mad at my computer screen/many more(embarrassing) things. It gave me hope in love...and redemption, even though it's only a fictional story. It felt real enough with the way you depicted everything.

I can't name any other stories that have done that for me...and this is honestly going on the top of my story list. I will read it again and again. NO doubt there.

So again, thank you so much for blessing everyone here on with this story. I'm sad it's finished, but I'm so thrilled that I read it. :D

I hope to maybe see more of your work someday!

-koalababay
geniexousyahoo.com chapter 41 . 2/8/2009
Just wanted to let you know that I find this story timeless-timeless in a sense that after so many YEARS I still end up coming back and READING this beautiful work in its entirety. I believe this well me my 5th time!

Every time I end up unable to spend 2 whole days just reading it-I just can't stop reading it! LOL I believe that you are a great writer and I hope one day that I'll be able to write as well as you do. I've read MANY seifer/quistis fanfics and THIS IS THE BEST OUT OF ALL OF THEM! This fic is still (I firmly believe) the #1 Quistis/Seifer fanfic. Thank you so much for the time and effort you sacrificed in writing this!
Katherynecyahoo.com chapter 41 . 2/1/2009
Alright. So throughout this entire story ive thought of a million ways to express to you my feelings in reading this story. But hell. Ima wing it. Your story made me mad. It made me yell out loud and get weird looks from others. Your story made me cry. So much that my 10 month old started in with her sympathy pouts. Your story made me shake. Made my hands sweat and my adrenaline pulse. It made me lol and literally jump for joy. Bein a mom, sleep is gold. But i couldntve cared less. Ive gone through hell and back to read this. My phone internet freezes every five min.s or so. You are so smart and talented. I see this story as the ending to ff8. I felt alive with the?. So believable. And you know so much about the whole ff world! T.Y for making me believe in love again, even if only on pages.
WhispersoftheWhiteWolf chapter 41 . 1/14/2009
This story sucked me in to the point that I spent two nights with no sleep trying to finish and that is hard to do.
1,333 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »