Reviews for Fire and Ice
wingchumonZERO chapter 41 . 9/8/2009
I'd like to congratulate you on having written what is truly one of the most compelling pieces of fiction I've ever read, if such a declaration is at all significant to you.

Your characters were realistic, the pacing was tight for the most part and the plot was suitably epic in scope. What you should be most commended for, however, is the spectacular amount of detail you have managed to integrate into your story, as well as the surprisingly dutiful elaborations on otherwise unrealistic game mechanics.

It should be said that you do tend to draw your point out a bit. The flashback sequences for example, while certainly symbolic and well-crafted, tended to become repetitive after a while.

Nevertheless, Fire and Ice can be said to be one of the better pieces of fanfiction this humble aficionado (is that oxymoronic or what?) has read in a long, long time.
angelic.crystal chapter 41 . 9/6/2009
I think your writing style is nice... you're a great writer, Altol!
Lulu chapter 41 . 8/21/2009
I just can say "perfect"

Really, this story took me like 4 days to read (pretty much) and do not dissapointed me.

My congratulations, altol.

Sorry for the cracky english, I speak spanish.
WraithRune chapter 15 . 7/26/2009
I love this. Thank you for writing this fanfiction.
EroticHaywire chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Oh my God, altol - or whatever your name is - OH MY GOD.

This was indescribable. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I printed the whole thing, THE WHOLE FIC, and I don't even consider it a waste of paper, because WOW. Really, this was the best written work I've ever read. I'm not even kidding. You've got me hooked on Seiftis stories, and whichever one I read will always be compared to this one. Just wow.

If you don't become a professional writer, it'll be a shame. Seriously. Because you've got talent.
a chapter 41 . 7/18/2009
tears
brandon279 chapter 32 . 6/30/2009
this chapter really deserves its name.

wonderful story.
motchi chapter 29 . 6/22/2009
Funny thing: I thought of this chapter a few days ago, for no particular reason. It was just a strange, random thought: Hey, brain, remember that Quistis/Seifer fanfic you read ages ago that had a steamy little scene in the snow?

I've been away from fandom for a while, and even longer gone from Quistis/Seifer, but your fic's still hanging around in the memory banks—and not just for M-rated reasons. What I remember most about this story is: a) it was long, and b) it had a lot of heart. (And I want to say I remember reading it at a different website, one with light text against a dark background?)

Anyway, just breezing by to say your story's unforgettable—in a good way. :)
devait chapter 41 . 6/4/2009
I'm surprised I managed to finish your story in a couple days. However, your story is just so full of win. Seriously.

I love how you paced the story carefully without it being too rushed or draggy. Your portrayal of the characters and their relationships was also equally awesome. I can't say I'm good at offering constructive criticism, but I can at least give you some due praise. Oh, and good job on effectively pulling off all those cliches, don't you just love 'em.

All in all, an amazing story from an amazing writer.
FFlover chapter 41 . 6/1/2009
Okay, first of all, it took 3 WHOLE FRICKIN' DAYS O..O to FINISH READING this story ! I bet everybody is sayin' just the same thing because of the equally balanced mix of action,suspense,romance plus humor are making it enjoyable and addicting to read. :)

Well,when I read the part where Nida was revealed a traitor, it almost gave me a heart attack (Fortunately, I don't have any heart problems) cause he's one of my fav non playable characters ! But still it is one of the main reasons that makes this story 'alive' so I don't really mind *sob (..Nida..why?..) sob* anyway..

I . JUST .FREAKIN' . HEART THIS FIC !;D good job!
Jelem chapter 41 . 5/7/2009
Oh...

This story took me three days to complete...

Seriously, I LOVE THIS SEIFTIS FANFIC!

Especially how you described the last chapter, on how the fated children were after all, still normal people with normal attitudes...

Though I seriously hated Squall being so emo in this fic, I still love it, on how Seifer and Quistis gradually fell in love...

Also, I love to picture Serabin as a calmer and kinder Sephiroth...(*drools*)

There are a lot of typo's in your fanfic, but nonetheless, it never bothered me because I was so engrossed n the story... _

Love this fanfic, Kudos!
anon chapter 41 . 5/1/2009
I read Fire and Ice a year or two ago and till today it is still one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read on this site. The the action, the well developed romance, the occasional humour, and the deep character analysis are just so well written. This reworked version only makes things better, the chapters just flow better and it's much easier on the eyes (I'm very happy you decided to incorporate scene breaks into the chapters).

There's probably not enough praise in the world that would bring my gratitude to you and your writing skills to justice. Fire and Ice entertained me days on end and the characters and story has and probably will stick with me for years to come. I will definitely be revisiting this story for a 3rd read through. Best of wishes with your future endeavours (I see you're working the sequel to Fire and Ice; hopefully we'll be able to read that completed work soon)
Parizz chapter 41 . 4/26/2009
This is a story I've been wanting to read, but it was only last month when I decided to do so...and guess what?

I LOVE IT!

Although I skipped a lot of parts...the action scenes and the side story because I wanted to concentrate on the Seiftis thing...sorry...but still, it turned out one eyesore because I couldn't stop reading one chapter after another, and your chapters are long! But still, it's a nice feeling after finishing it.

So yeah, I'm glad you made this fic!
Bernarndleo chapter 41 . 4/19/2009
Sadly I didn't get to follow this as it was developing, but congratulations anyway! It was a joy to read.

Truly, a job well done.
Lux Aeterna chapter 41 . 4/16/2009
I absolutely adored everything about this story. You're an absolutely masterful writer, and I wish I could write Seifer and Quistis with even an iota of the skill you have.

I also loved your subtle interjections of wit into the storyline. Plus the fact that you made the romance begin so subtly, rather than just throwing it in there (like I often do, ha). The gradual aspect of it was just fantastic.

I'm gushing a bit here, but it genuinely was a brilliant piece of fiction.
1,339 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »