Reviews for Fire and Ice
jem chapter 41 . 12/10/2009
i've read this story twice now and each time i finish, my heart aches just a little sadly and with a bit of happiness. this is perhaps the best quistis and seifer story out there and i haven't read a story to beat it so far. i want to thank you for writing this story and hopefully, you write a sequel when you have the time.

i love your portayal of all the characters and i only come to love them with your story. it really saddens me that it's done and it leaves a bittersweetness in my mouth. it's perfect the way it is and i couldn't stand if you made them die in your alternative ending, Quistis and Seifer deserve a happy ending and I'm happy you changed it to do so.

thank you again for writing this wonderful tearjerking story, which will always have a place in my heart as Quistis and Seifer always have.
Mimi chapter 41 . 12/3/2009
Oh my god. I love your story even if it took me quite some time to finish it. You have an excellent way with words. Its absolutely lovely. This is perhaps my favorite fanfic.
Rayne89 chapter 36 . 9/11/2009
It's been quite a while since I've re-read your fiction. I remember, I first read it in 7th grade when I was to young to understand most of what was going on in this. When I was just getting to know Final Fantasy 8 and it's characters I've become so attatched to. lol, My friend tells me, jokingly of course after he found me crying over some parts in this fic, that mayhaps it was a bit unhealthy to love this game so much. But seeing as how he's a fighter game fanatic I forgave him the transgression, lol. I grew up playing FF8 and it's like a favorite, old novel to me. You open it up and it feels like you're coming home again to all those familiar moments you know and love. And your fic was and still is a continuation of the threads and moments that I saw spun in that game. You just don't know how much I appreciate the moments, hours, weeks, maybe years you spent putting into this. You did Cid, Edea, their fated children, and all those that love them so much justice.

Rayne

P.S.- I'm in my second year of college now.
wingchumonZERO chapter 41 . 9/8/2009
I'd like to congratulate you on having written what is truly one of the most compelling pieces of fiction I've ever read, if such a declaration is at all significant to you.

Your characters were realistic, the pacing was tight for the most part and the plot was suitably epic in scope. What you should be most commended for, however, is the spectacular amount of detail you have managed to integrate into your story, as well as the surprisingly dutiful elaborations on otherwise unrealistic game mechanics.

It should be said that you do tend to draw your point out a bit. The flashback sequences for example, while certainly symbolic and well-crafted, tended to become repetitive after a while.

Nevertheless, Fire and Ice can be said to be one of the better pieces of fanfiction this humble aficionado (is that oxymoronic or what?) has read in a long, long time.
angelic.crystal chapter 41 . 9/6/2009
I think your writing style is nice... you're a great writer, Altol!
Lulu chapter 41 . 8/21/2009
I just can say "perfect"

Really, this story took me like 4 days to read (pretty much) and do not dissapointed me.

My congratulations, altol.

Sorry for the cracky english, I speak spanish.
WraithRune chapter 15 . 7/26/2009
I love this. Thank you for writing this fanfiction.
EroticHaywire chapter 1 . 7/19/2009
Oh my God, altol - or whatever your name is - OH MY GOD.

This was indescribable. I can't even begin to tell you how much I enjoyed it. I printed the whole thing, THE WHOLE FIC, and I don't even consider it a waste of paper, because WOW. Really, this was the best written work I've ever read. I'm not even kidding. You've got me hooked on Seiftis stories, and whichever one I read will always be compared to this one. Just wow.

If you don't become a professional writer, it'll be a shame. Seriously. Because you've got talent.
a chapter 41 . 7/18/2009
tears
brandon279 chapter 32 . 6/30/2009
this chapter really deserves its name.

wonderful story.
motchi chapter 29 . 6/22/2009
Funny thing: I thought of this chapter a few days ago, for no particular reason. It was just a strange, random thought: Hey, brain, remember that Quistis/Seifer fanfic you read ages ago that had a steamy little scene in the snow?

I've been away from fandom for a while, and even longer gone from Quistis/Seifer, but your fic's still hanging around in the memory banks—and not just for M-rated reasons. What I remember most about this story is: a) it was long, and b) it had a lot of heart. (And I want to say I remember reading it at a different website, one with light text against a dark background?)

Anyway, just breezing by to say your story's unforgettable—in a good way. :)
devait chapter 41 . 6/4/2009
I'm surprised I managed to finish your story in a couple days. However, your story is just so full of win. Seriously.

I love how you paced the story carefully without it being too rushed or draggy. Your portrayal of the characters and their relationships was also equally awesome. I can't say I'm good at offering constructive criticism, but I can at least give you some due praise. Oh, and good job on effectively pulling off all those cliches, don't you just love 'em.

All in all, an amazing story from an amazing writer.
FFlover chapter 41 . 6/1/2009
Okay, first of all, it took 3 WHOLE FRICKIN' DAYS O..O to FINISH READING this story ! I bet everybody is sayin' just the same thing because of the equally balanced mix of action,suspense,romance plus humor are making it enjoyable and addicting to read. :)

Well,when I read the part where Nida was revealed a traitor, it almost gave me a heart attack (Fortunately, I don't have any heart problems) cause he's one of my fav non playable characters ! But still it is one of the main reasons that makes this story 'alive' so I don't really mind *sob (..Nida..why?..) sob* anyway..

I . JUST .FREAKIN' . HEART THIS FIC !;D good job!
Jelem chapter 41 . 5/7/2009
Oh...

This story took me three days to complete...

Seriously, I LOVE THIS SEIFTIS FANFIC!

Especially how you described the last chapter, on how the fated children were after all, still normal people with normal attitudes...

Though I seriously hated Squall being so emo in this fic, I still love it, on how Seifer and Quistis gradually fell in love...

Also, I love to picture Serabin as a calmer and kinder Sephiroth...(*drools*)

There are a lot of typo's in your fanfic, but nonetheless, it never bothered me because I was so engrossed n the story... _

Love this fanfic, Kudos!
anon chapter 41 . 5/1/2009
I read Fire and Ice a year or two ago and till today it is still one of the best pieces of fanfiction I've read on this site. The the action, the well developed romance, the occasional humour, and the deep character analysis are just so well written. This reworked version only makes things better, the chapters just flow better and it's much easier on the eyes (I'm very happy you decided to incorporate scene breaks into the chapters).

There's probably not enough praise in the world that would bring my gratitude to you and your writing skills to justice. Fire and Ice entertained me days on end and the characters and story has and probably will stick with me for years to come. I will definitely be revisiting this story for a 3rd read through. Best of wishes with your future endeavours (I see you're working the sequel to Fire and Ice; hopefully we'll be able to read that completed work soon)
1,342 | « Prev Page 1 .. 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 .. Last Next »