Reviews for I Am Not Like You
paper chapter 1 . 7/1
Just finished reading this whole thing and it's probably the best OC I've read yet.
Honestly it's just nice to read one that doesn't have the MC magically the lover of the Doctor.

A problem I have though is that your Matt Smith doesn't feel like how he portrays himself in interviews and the like. He feels like someone who lived a similar life but is about 100% less confident. A lot of time hes just getting dragged along, but hes a fully functional adult who can make his own decisions.
His lack of confidence also feels rather odd considering he is both a fairly famous actor and was a Jock growing up, that type of person usually is confident.

He feels more like early season 1 Mickey, rather than Matt Smith.
Aaaaaaah the candle meadows...I see where you’re going next ;)
callisto1585 chapter 29 . 2/4
Oh, this was such a nice chapter! I really love the idea of Matt seeing everyone's emotions as cartoons, it's so fitting. The thing with the Tardis is also quite interesting, wonder how that will go down the line. I can't wait for the next chapter, fantastic work! :)
Alex chapter 29 . 1/25
Hey! I really love where this has gone so far, and hope you continue!
J chapter 22 . 1/20
Awesome!
This is one of the best if not The best doctor who fic I've ever read. Just plain adventure no ridiculous and unrealistic romance. I find riveting and enjoyable.
Guest chapter 29 . 10/19/2017
Awesome story !
Brightness Random chapter 29 . 10/3/2017
Ahh! I am! so glad! that I read this! This story is sgeer delight and this chapter was so lovely. It's always fun to see Matt figuring out his empathy a little more. And the TARDIS! Matt and Tardis are friends now (I like the Luna Lovegood analogy) and I approve wholeheartedly. This is going to be really interesting? To see how Matt balances all this chaos? I'm super excited.

And I'm glad Matt recognizes that Tardis is an interface, a facet of a very complex and poweful multidimensional being who doesn't even experience time the same way he does. I think that's important for understanding the old girl. And I love your use of font, letting the otherworldliness driiiiiip from the words. Its lovely. I sort of want Matt to keep all this under wraps for ages? And just secretly have Tardis along for all their adventures? But also I'd love to see the Doctor's reaction to it. I guess I'd be happy either way!

Thank you so much for writing this! I adore it. I can't wait to see what comes next, and I will be here at the speed of light for the next update. Keep up the amazing work! 3
Brightness Random chapter 28 . 10/3/2017
This is soooo cute! I just found this story and I love it to pieces. I only started reading today, but I can't put it down! I love Matt and how you weave in his foreknowledge but also keep things fresh. I love his interactions with Amy and Rory and the Doctor, and I'm so fascinated by his developing abilities! I almost don't want to read the next chapter, because that will mean there's no more, but I'm absolutely going to. I love it so much.
altoclefislife chapter 29 . 10/2/2017
Wow. Just wow.

Absolutely brilliant and one of the best Doctor Who fanfictions I've ever read.

When I got the update that released a new chapter, I thought it was a cancelation. Then I saw it was legitimate chapter.

Can't wait for the next chapters!

~Alto
Heather Snow chapter 29 . 9/25/2017
It's interesting the direction you've gone. I love Matt's character and am looking forward to more.
Heather Snow chapter 28 . 9/25/2017
Loved the TARDIS' prank. The scene with Amy was great. As was the closing scene.
That's Balderdash chapter 19 . 9/24/2017
Ooooh this is amazing :)
That's Balderdash chapter 14 . 9/24/2017
Amazing as always :)
That's Balderdash chapter 12 . 9/24/2017
This is by far one of the better original adventures I have ever read in my life. You keep this up you brilliant you.