Reviews for The Split
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 15h
this is a great one shot it was a real enjoyment to read thank you for posting it
Deathmvp chapter 1 . 15h
great work on this one shot it was a real enjoyment to read thank you for posting
chc91776 chapter 1 . 2/26
Enjoy your Harry/odd pairings srories. Read through your profile as well and ive got to disagree with one thing.. No way was Harry and Hermione soul mates, far too many people fall into the Emma Watson as Hermione trap. Break Hermione down from book 1-7, shes a bossy know it all whos always right thats why she was friendless until halloween. JKR made Hermione a plot mover because she wanted to be Hermione. Logicaly we are talking about a child so you can not tell me aduts are that dumbed down and didnt know more or as much as her? Like i said plot mover.. someone needs answers oh Hermiones the smartest witch of our age she knows.. wich brings me to book 5, how in great god did Harry let Hermione plan for the DA? She got an EE on her owls for pity sake. She wanted/needed to be the bossy know it all. It did prove one thing, she might have had strong theory (reading) work but her practica side was lacking but yet she had to run it.. lol.. In my humble opinion someone like Harry needed a partner and equal so to say not someone who would mother hen him or had to be right and fight for dominance and lets face it Hermione would have. Thats why im pulled more towards the odd pairings like Susan,Daphne,Fleur,Luna,Gabrielle.. etc.. Hermione was perfect for Ron in the sense she would always be right with him and could be in that controlled relationship. Ive babbled enough about this so ill part with this .. hope to read more from you soon.
DragonTamer01 chapter 1 . 1/28
WHY DO YOU CONSTANTLY TREAT HERMIONE LIKE SHE'S SATAN'S DAUGHTER OR SOMETHING?! ANSWER ME RIGHT NOW! FUCKING STOP IT! STOP BASHING HERMIONE JANE GRANGER FOREVER!
The Ghostly Minion chapter 1 . 1/13
If Harry's fifth year was arguably his worst, sixth year was hardly better. That's why I think of it as the 'sixth year conundrum'. As a Harmonian, I have to account for the happenings of that year, to be able to bring Harry and Hermione together.

Here, you've taken the opposite route. Harry rejects Hermione, Ron, Ginny and Neville. He was truly the damaged person in this story that he always was, but JKR didn't bring out in her J/YA novels. I give Susan big points for trying to help Harry, but the hurt was too raw for Harry to see her for the person she was.

Harry's withdrawal after the Yule holidays can't be faulted at all. The goodbye/good riddance messages were perfectly chosen. Eventually, even Ron got the hint.

Unlike a lot of the reviewers, I have no problem with Neville over Hannah. You bring out that Hannah, like a lot of characters, is a tabla rosa for us FF writers to play with. I think that you exaggerate her into a OOC OC, but it doesn't take that much. Second and Fourth years are basically canonical, Third and Fifth are not inconceivable stretches.

The business with Life Debts was also nicely handled. That Harry can claim those and have them confirmed, but never acted on showed how little he thought of Hermione and the Weasleys. Even though he could have called for their freedom or lives, he makes it clear they're not worth the bother.

I'm glad that Luna took them to task. That and her further proxy revenge are perfectly fine happening offscreen.

Harry's training and bonding with Moody is heart-warming. A great pity that Alastor died when he did, but it allowed for the little switcheroo in Susan's farewell. So good that he finally understands Susan and bonds with her. Sirius/Amelia is a old trope, but still good, with your particular viewpoint.

Almost as many reviewers wonder how Susan can make her oath and live as question the break with Neville. Again, this happen offscreen. As I put it together, Moody adopts Harry, conditional to Voldemort being finished. As you tell us, the fight found Harry magically drained and badly injured physically. When Tom falls, 'Harry Potter' is no more. Hey, presto, he's now "Harry Moody'! So Susan's confrontation and oath work out. She is in a sense, The Widow Potter'. She just hasn't said she's also married to Harry Moody!

I'm glad you too reject the pollyannish world of the EWE. The BWW has little incentive to change once the current symptom (Voldemort) is handled. I would imagine that they'll have their children educated in France, the States, or Australia.

Amazed that I hadn't reviewed prior to this, but it's a superior story and a fixture in my favorites.

TGM
Sieghard chapter 2 . 1/8
After reading other reviews I was surprised how many didn't agree that Harry had the right to feel betrayed by Neville, after all he had started dating a girl that wanted to give Harry away to a mass murderer.

Is it sane to expect him to trust the future Longbottom after seeing his choice of girlfriend? Is it childish to distance yourself from an ally whose choice of partner is unworthy of your trust?

Lastly would anyone be able to continue being a friend of someone who is dating a porson they consider an enemy?
Monster King chapter 2 . 12/2/2017
Great story.
torlan2003 chapter 1 . 8/15/2017
Great story, wow slammed them but they did have it coming. I like Harry standing up for himself. Thank you for writing.
Korran01 chapter 1 . 5/10/2017
Maybe I dont understand but how could Susan swear on her life and magic that Harry was dead when he was still alive? Otherwise this was really good!
Guest chapter 2 . 2/17/2017
I just found this and for the most part, I enjoyed it. However, I dont like the fact that harry stopped being friends with ginny and neville just because they dated people that harry didn't like. Or, in the case of ginny, dated at all since harry didn't seem to have anything against dean. However, I really enjoyed how you portrayed dumbledore, but why was lupin exempt from the bashing? I mean, harry seemed to hate everyone who ever listened to dumbledore and I cant think of a more loyal person to dumbledore than someone who would put everyone at risk just because he didn't want to disappoint him. Remember, back in the third book lupin never told anyone about sirius being an animagus despite the fact that at that point sirius was supposedly after harry to kill him.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2016
I'm sorry, but your Harry acted like a s spoiled brat when it came to ending his friendship with Neville. So Neville dates a girl Harry doesn't like and all of a sudden, Harry tells him to go fuck himself and treats him like Ron did back when Harry's name came out of the Goblet? If you had written it as Neville ignoring Harry in favor of Hannah, then yeah, id see Harry's point, but since you don't, I only see Harry ending the alliance between their Houses like the actions of a little boy taking his ball away because his friend wants to include another person in their one on one basketball game.

At the beginning, you imply that Hermione's friendship ended because she was jealous over the textbook, but at the end, when Susan confronted her, she was like, "I was told to do so." Uh, who? Dumbledore, Ron? Its like in your "Losing Control" story where Molly's biggest sin is sending Harry a Howler and then at the near end, its revealed out of nowhere that she was a spy for Dumbledore. It really does feel like a contrived way to get us to hate them.

Also, I would have had Harry leave Hermione the potions textbook she was so pissed off about rather than an expensive copy of one of her favorites.
desireejones99 chapter 1 . 3/14/2016
It is sad that's where the group was headed under JK's leadership, and then she made it worse, I feel they got what they deserved the way they abandoned harry in book 6, sort Of why I feel that the series stops at the end of book 5.

Excellent Entertainment
Brian1972 chapter 1 . 2/21/2016
So Harry ended his friendship with Ginny and Neville because both started a relationship with someone? Wo how shallow can someone get? I mean with Ginny there might be a reasoning had she been in some state of a relationship with him. But Neville wasn't allowed to have a girlfriend? Do all of Harry's friends have to become focused on him only (either platonic or as sexual partners) or be declared traitors?

This doesn't even qualify as book 6 rant. In essence it is Harry bashing for protraying him as someone who would throw away friendships over non issues like you let him here.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 2/18/2016
"This would be the wake up call for Ron who finally saw his dreams of fame and fortunes go down in flames. It was hard to be famous when you did nothing." Ron doesn't seem to be very interested in fighting against the evil that is Voldemort; he just misses the attention (and probably the money) that went with it. Idiot.

Neville is a huge disappointment, because he is usually one of my favorites. I'm glad Susan slapped Hannah down. She deserved it. Hermione certainly lost her reputation in the magical world, and I doubt she will ever overcome it. Dumbledore is worrisome, because he won't rest until he gets his hands on either Harry or his child ... or both. I'm sure he has nefarious plans for both, because I'm not sure he truly believes Harry is dead.

I'm glad the twins, Charlie, and Bill and Fleur stayed true to Harry, even if they have not chosen to follow him just yet. I'm sure that, before too long, the "New Marauders" and the remaining originals will be plotting merriment and mayhem for the enjoyment of all. It sounds like the Goblins will also be around, if needed.
MSgt SilverDollar and Snake chapter 2 . 1/11/2016
I am reading dad's favorites that are completed and ran across this. It's good enough that I've decided to read the rest of your stories. I know dad didn't like Dumbassadork, moRon, Ginevra, or MouthMolly plus a few others and having read canon I agree with his and apparently your assessment of those characters. - Snake (SFC CopperHead)