Reviews for A Video Game of Thrones
Yoholic chapter 6 . 9/2
This is excellent
r1ncewind1 chapter 7 . 8/30
I really like this story, it will be interesting to see where you take it..
Update soon
shadow'sdawn chapter 10 . 8/28
I am sorry to hear about your situation. I really hope it improves. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. People are willing to give it when you need it most. Just remember that your readers love and respect you for the work you do.

Now onto the story. I am loving your story so far. I will admit I wish it would pick up its pacing but that is just my personal bias. You have done well to maintain the Games Of Thrones world while incorporating the Gamer’s ability to make the story more interesting. I really enjoy how you have written John’s character as well. He starts off knowing next to nothing about what really goes on, this is where the slow pace has helped. You have slowly built John up not only in skill but in knowledge and his actions. I am looking forward to how things are going to progress particularly when we come to other great areas like Kings Landing.

I am curious though why hasn’t John tried to grind or exploit his training to a higher level. Looking at other stories like the manga series “the Gamer” or other Fanfictions like The adventures of Harry Potter , The Video Game: Exploited” the characters have found loopholes or have just flat out exploited the mechanics to improve themselves far beyond what they were. Why hasn’t John done so yet? Is it because it hasn’t occurred to him, is his wisdom too low? Probably another reason is that the other two stories rely on magic as the exploitation and not physical ability. For instance in the latest chapter for him to get the Oriens Belt skill perk he needs to max out tracking. Couldn’t he go out into the wilderness and start hunting some wildlife there. Heck not even hunt them but just find them. Maybe that will happen on the road to King’s Landing, this is just making me more impatient haha.

Anyway I am very interested to see what happens at Kings Landing. Or even on the road to Kings Landing. The missions he could get as well as the teachers. For teachers little finger would be a great one for finance and spying/networking but so would the spider. But at the same time John has to be careful around either one of them. I am getting excited just thinking about it!

One of the things that popped into my head as I was reading this was that John could become a land owner. Granted it would take some mighty feat to be recognised and granted land but that’s what great stories are for. But if he does then he maybe able to amass his own army and crank up his ability to earn money/treasures. Plus he would give him more of a reason to have a harem.

Speaking of which I vote for a harem relationship. This gamer ability will allow John to not only learn multiple skills but to become proficient in them and with enough grinding become a master at them. I would find it hard to see anybody not try and extend that to their romantic/social life. The main problem with a harem is managing all of the relationships, giving the girls a reason to continue with the relationship rather than just having more girls in there for the sake of more girls. Even if this does happen I think it will be a while until John is comfortable with sex. In his talk with Sam he said he remained a virgin because he couldn’t stop thinking about what if he brought another bastard into the world, to suffer the same fate as him but only without the support of a great house. So before hooking John up with multiple girls you are going to have to deal with how he thinks about it. I think if he had a strong network with strong financials and support (or at the very least start building those) then his wariness would naturally lower though not completely go away. Here are the girls who I think should be included and some ways that you might be able to work them in.

Arya:

The relationship between John and araya is pretty solid as is but personally I would wait until she is older before making it go further. It just depends on what direction you want to take it. Will John want her to join his gamer ability via team or will he want to keep it to himself.

Sansa:

I think she will start out reluctantly and it would be more of a political move to get her away from Joffrey than anything else. We know John cares about her as he does all of his family, I could see John implementing a political move to save her. But then that brings in the question of what is the end game and will it make sense in the long run. I refer to my idea at the top. That John will somehow do a feat that will grant him a title and some land. From there he can build his own army and have the facilities to support himself and the rest of his family (or rather his harem).

Margaery Tyrell:

I am throwing her in because I think she would have a high sex stat and probably encourage the rest of the girls. Plus she is scheming and manipulative. I see John as more of a fighter and rather simplistic. So I think having her in his harem/team will help compensate for his focus on fighting. Although with that being said he still needs to work on his political and social skills and she excels in that area.

Myrcella Lanister:

You have pretty much set up a solid base for this. It is just a matter of where the relationship is going after this. I could see it being a political move but that would only be after a significant amount of time has passed and John has gathered more reputation/achievements under his belt to be recognised.

Ygritte:

I am struggling to think of a way to get her included in the harem. I suppose it is just my attachment to the book and shows wanting to include her because she did have a huge impact on John as a character but your John is different enough that he may not need that. It would be interesting to see.

Daenerys Targaryen:

I think it would be interesting for her to be another character who has activated the game skill. It would give John another protagonist to face against and it would be an unexpected twist. Plus it fits in with her characters growth. She could activate the skill from a gift given to her and the large horse guy. Since she was raised as royalty she would focus more on the diplomatic side. So high charaisma, high political skill, high sex skill, high intelligence etc.

Equipment:

I have noticed you haven’t added any stat increases to weapons or armor. Now of course maybe you are just waiting for a time that John’s Observe skill is high enough and focusing on equipment will reveal the new stats. I don’t think this will lend itself too well to things such as enchanting (I am more going off of skyrim here than Games of Thrones). But still it could provide a huge benefit without the need to grind his skills. But if he happens to lose those weapons right when he needs them that could be bad. I can see a situation where he has finally unlocked a skill because of the boost in stats from the weapon. But something happens that makes him lose the weapon and unable to use the new skill. I don’t know I am just spitting stuff out right now.

I must be tired, I am starting to make less and less sense now. So I'll stop here. To sum up I love the story so far. I hope some of the ideas I put in here helps you. I also hope your personal issues get sorted out soon. Keep your head up!

Can't wait to see what happens :)
FrankyJ chapter 10 . 8/24
This is a really good story I hope you continue to update it. Its pretty much the only pure GoT fic I've managed to read and really enjoy. I enjoy the Ghost and Jon dynamics. Are you going to keep expanding on that? We can start to see solid communication between the two which is nice. Will Ghost be able to see the game elements as well?
gostrow chapter 10 . 8/23
Nice fanfic...so KEEP THE CHAPTERS COMING!
YuNaru19 chapter 8 . 8/21
My biggest problem isn't the story itself, but that after every chapter you post his stats and skills without fail. It makes the chapter look longer than it actually is and it's kind of annoying. Otherwise this is an awesome read.
ThomasNealy chapter 9 . 8/21
this is a good story.

on the skills list I would not call Blacksmithing and lock-picking mental skills.
adammaslowski79 chapter 2 . 8/19
Seriously keep it up :3
adammaslowski79 chapter 1 . 8/19
Keep up the good work
MKaius chapter 10 . 8/19
Need more chapters !
Someone strap her to a chair and make her write moar!
thunder18 chapter 10 . 8/18
Great chapter Update soon
rc48177 chapter 4 . 8/17
1 for the harem vote
rc48177 chapter 2 . 8/17
Question. You mentioned that Dany could be the pairing if asked. Well is okay for me to ask for jonxdany
WeberCode chapter 10 . 8/16