Reviews for Going Muggle
newkidintown00 chapter 18 . 12/10/2020
I loved the "going muggle" premise and knew it wasn't going to be a smooth exit for the characters due to responsibilities/demands from the wizarding world. They are all known people or high profile personages in the wizarding world and they all still have to deal with the fall out from the end of the war. Your decisions to pull them back in make sense. However, I'm dismayed with how this story was resolved and ended. The last few chapters felt rushed after setting up a good plot and building up the post-war world for the characters.

By the end of the story, the characters didn't just "go muggle" as much as they opted out of both worlds. They are secluded on an island in the Caribbean and then drop in places of interest. Admittedly, Harry said he doesn't know how long the permanent vacation will last, so that is either left to the imagination or part of an epilogue.

The whole situation with Daphne at the end was unsatisfying and left a somewhat bitter taste in my mouth. It might be what bothers me the most in the story. She was being set up as Wife A with Susan as Wife B, but that was due to her being Lady Black in Grimmauld Place and Astoria getting kidnapped. It seemed like the conflict was resolved when Susan was made aware of the extenuating circumstances. Susan would presumably be able to spread her wings at the new Potter Manor. "Killing off" Daphne (with the subsequent justification of staying dead) seems cheap and I don't think that whole situation is anywhere close to being resolved with how it turned out. Daphne's suggestion of seeing each other once a year is awful.

What is the resolution for students at Hogwarts that bought into the Shadow Lord? My assumption is that the DMLE inquiry of Draco was a result of questioning Pansy and Theo, but what of the other students in multiple houses that became aligned?

Lastly, there were some inconsistencies with established facts, such as Draco having the dark mark removed, Astoria being in Ravenclaw, and Neville agreeing to be Harry's proxy.
Anon chapter 18 . 6/10/2020
Very uneven story. Started out with an interesting premise then fell back on too many cliches and odd plot choices.

Not sure changing things due to reader feedback really makes the plot better. Definitely leads to a lot of inconsistencies.
AncientOak chapter 18 . 4/11/2020
It’s a good story but ends quite abruptly. Have you ever considered coming back and wrapping it up?
Nanchih chapter 3 . 5/18/2019
Fun so far! Nice to see Harry and everyone else relaxing! Why doesn't Harry take Draco with him to some of these places? I could guess that Draco doesn't want anyone to see him, such as Susan, but that flew out the window when Daphne turned up. It would make more sense for him to dye his hair, because anyone could walk into a bar, even DE.

Second thought - the Grangers. Since their house was destroyed, where are they living? A flat while things are re-built? A new house, nearer Oxford?

Third: Harry went to a lot of trouble to hide his apartment. Why is he being so free with the address?
Padhi chapter 18 . 12/20/2018
What kind of stupid ending is this ! What about black and green grass hair I can't imagine someone who loves other behaving like this why can't harry come back to Britain if daphne can't leave or convince her seriously it shows harry doesn't love daphne neither does daphne loves harry ,their feelings definitely has not come out well in this fiction very disappointed
Guest chapter 18 . 5/6/2018
Ive enjoyed most of your stories, which is why I'm so disappointed in this one. What you did with Daphne was one of the stupidest things I have ever read.
Gotta Love a Story chapter 4 . 5/5/2018
Just so you know, in the last chapter, I don't think the following sentence makes sense:
'Draco was surprised that he could actually enjoy himself at all while living among muggles was almost disconcerting in and of itself.' You need to get rid of while and a conjunction like because or put a full stop. While implies that something is coming after it as it means despite. No hated intended. I was just letting you know. I have a fanfiction and I like being told when there is a SPaG or cultural mistake so I can fix it. If it's not like that for you, sorry. BTW sorry it's not in the same chapter but it doesn't let me post more then one comment on a chapter for some reason.
Gotta Love a Story chapter 3 . 5/5/2018
I'm guessing you're American cos you called the place that Draco and Harry living an apartment when in England they're called flats. If you are then what floor are they on? Is it the English 3rd floor which is the 4th in America or the American 3rd floor what we call the 2nd floor. In England, (if you're not English of course or if you didn't know) we call the floors (form bottom to top) ground floor, 1st, 2nd, 3rd... rather then 1st, 2nd, 3rd etc. Also, I noticed they didn't use the lift. What do you think would be an appropriate level to use the lift if you don't need it? Mine would be the 4th (English).
Bonitalapaz chapter 18 . 12/8/2017
Hey! Are you going to finish this story? You said that only one chapter is missing and you haven’t posted since 2015. I really liked this story but in my opinion there are some things wrong. 1 Harry does’t even hold teddy once... how can this be possible? I understad that he is young but he is not going to be raising him his grandmother is but after the crappy life harry had I can’t undersand that he it’s not part of teddys life from the beginig. 2 Teorically this was going to be a story were harry relax and live the muggle way with magic in his life (or at least that was what I understood) but then you have really little part of the story that way, practically all the story is about this new dark lord and the problems of the wizarding world, I think that is important but in this story that should have been more in the background. 3 I dont’t understand the 360 change of character of Daphne, at first she was a person who really loved her family specially Astoria and she fought to be in harry’s life as Lady Black and form a family with him and then she decides she doesn’t want to se anybody ever again except sometimes harry? She could still research and study magic and have a life with few people with her like harry, susan and astoria at least. 4 I don’t think harry is a man that would accept not telling susan that his other wife is alive and that they will ocasionally be together, because one think is to know that your husband has another wife and be ok with it, and another thing is not knowing he still has another wife, is like cheating and I don’t think that goes for harry’s character. 5 finally, I think that now is when the real story should start, how they life a live without de pressure of the wizarding world and specially how harry forms the family that he always wanted and how he reconstructs house Potter and house Black. 6 it should have been in the stoy how the purebloods inteact with the muggle world, it should have been difficult but it wasn’t and the only thing of muggle living is that they life in a muggle place but all the story is about the magical world not the lives of the caracters.
This are the most important points in my opinion why you recived less reviews in the lasts chapters. Sorry for the errors in spelling and grammar.
Harriverse chapter 2 . 3/31/2017
This is actually quite an interesting story. Harry is turning out to be pretty savvy. Hermione and Ron just never did it for me, so any chance you could kill that relationship? What about NOT having the wizarding world turn on Harry again?
Wrexscar chapter 1 . 2/13/2017
Before I start reading is this an abandoned story or will it be finished. Looks interesting from the summary but I don't want to read another tale with no ending
Dragon of Selene chapter 3 . 1/2/2017
I wasn't aware that starkers was synonymous with bonkers, insane, and generally crazy elsewhere.

Good story BTW.
Dogco94 chapter 18 . 9/14/2016
Interested to see this to the end. I think it's a great story.
keysam23 chapter 18 . 8/7/2016
An entertaining story & I am interested in seeing how it plays out in the end.
keysam23 chapter 15 . 8/7/2016
I thought Draco had his dark mark removed by the goblins way back in one of the early chapters?