Reviews for Things Behind the Sun
Manic Penguin chapter 2 . 2/12/2009
The 'here is a lower place' is from Buffy. Season two. Innocence. Cordelia's griping about how Angel's gone all soulless and there's an unbeatable demon and they're at rock bottom and then Xander has an idea and she said 'here's a lower place'.

sorry, i'm a bit of a buffy nerd.
rialro chapter 13 . 4/15/2005
well done
surrendersomething chapter 13 . 1/1/2005
The journey you took your characters on has left me speechless. There's no other way to describe it. It was so heartbreakingly unputdownable - both "Through the Door" and "Things Behind the Sun" - you created a marvelous story, thank you.
Carby-Always chapter 13 . 8/1/2004
Perfect. im unable to say anything else becuase i know it will spoil the wonderfulness of this.. i really hope you make a sequel.
jakeschick chapter 12 . 7/3/2004
Big dreamy contented sigh. Love, love, LOVED it. You are the Neruda of Fanfic. Thank you!
not-so-dumb-blonde chapter 12 . 6/5/2004
C-

You've brought me to my knees once more. This story has completely spiraled into more of an epic than just a mere story in the long lines of ER fandom. This story has given us, especially me, more "shock and awe" than George W. Bush will ever be able to swallow. This chapter was not any different. 'Staccato silence?' Damn, that was a breathtaking phrase. Unlike the others, I really don't have a favorite phrase or line. They're all equally fantastic and worth reading more than once, Nicholas Sparks eat your heart out! You can quote me on that. Anyway, I'm extremely excited about the epilogue. I know that impatient me will just have to wait though.

Back to the topic at hand, what the hell was in that Christmas card? What the hell? I suppose all questions will be answered in due time. In the mean time, I'll be waiting ready and willing to read when you hastilly return for our reading pleasure. Plus, I'll be welcoming you with a hearty-

"'What took you so long?'"

Love you C.- Moi
kleindog chapter 13 . 6/2/2004
Dear Heart,

I was so sad after reading chapter 11 that I couldn't even write to express my admiration for the circular nature of the story, the lovely language, and the rightness of the characterizations.

Imagine my utter bliss to find chapter 12 and your epilogue today! Thanks for an ending that doesn't tie things up into a pretty bow, but does bring two damaged souls together, and for the intricacy of your story. If you never write another line again, I'm happy.

OK, so I'm lying, please write again. Huge bouquets to you for a messy, gripping story that makes the characters grapple with who they are. And did I mention you should write again?

Emma
Carolyn chapter 12 . 6/1/2004
Sorry I haven't reviewed any recent chapters. It's not because I haven't been reading. Believe me, I have...and religiously, as well.

Which is why it's so upsetting to be reviewing the epilogue. Because now it's over. And it was awesome. And I want more :(

Just know that both stories were remarkable, and that you are an extraordinarily talented writer. I love the path you've taken the characters on, and I hope the show follows suit. Cause, currently, Carter is a fuckass, and your story reminds everyone of how the character used to be...or, sort of, anyway.

Thanks for taking the time and thought to write them. Please continue to write. Because you, really, are that awesome.
Eve1980 chapter 13 . 5/29/2004
. !

I just read TBTS and through the doors and they represent exactly what I like in Carter and Abby's relationship!

Thank you...have a lot of hope for a good sequel...
daburgh chapter 12 . 5/28/2004
Wow, that was so completely wonderful, I should have never doubted they would end up together because that's how they destined to be. Great job. Thank you so much for sharing it with us!
Fran chapter 12 . 5/27/2004
loved the epilogue ! far more better could ever have imagined ! Thanks

am still sleepy wonder why ?

so that's the title of Part I ?
Taylor Wise chapter 12 . 5/27/2004
Have I never reviewed this before? Well well, shame on me.

I'm at a loss for words to describe not just this final chapter but the entire series.

Aside from magical, breathtaking, and perfect . . . there's nothing I can say except that I hope will be so lucky as to have you write another.
observer chapter 12 . 5/27/2004
if only all fanfiction could be as poetic and lovely as this prose. but it's stories like yours that cast a burning glow among the countless other fics. and yours is the glow that never dies. keep that umber burning.
gotluka'scookies chapter 11 . 5/27/2004
I know I'm late to the party (over a month, in fact), but I read this ages ago and just wanted to say that it was beautiful, as always!
Fran chapter 11 . 5/20/2004
the more I read it, the more I adore it !
your words are so strong and carefully chosen that I don't read but just "look at the film"...
can't wait for the epilogue and part I to start ...