Reviews for Sam's Lament for Frodo
This is a good poem.
miraswaaa chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Where are the Mary Sues?
crazyartistchar chapter 1 . 6/5/2004
this is wonderful. i love poems like this. slightly tragic. i luv it. sam will get to see him again someday though!
Michelle Frodo chapter 1 . 8/22/2003
Hello again, here to review another of your fantastic poems.

I agree that this is one of your best, (though I've not read all of them)

This one has in fact been on my favourites list for a long time, though I can't remember why I never reviewed it.

I loved the rhyming pattern of this poiem, it was so different. My favourite stanza would have to be the last one.

"But there in the end

No comfort or friend

Is as close as those starry blue eyes"

So wonderful!

And yes, another 21st century teen who loves The Never Ending Story. It's been one of my favourites since being young. And I agree that the 2 sequals are absolutly rubbish. I watched the 2nd one out of interest, and didn't even bother with the third.

And just one small thing, though I know this is part of an old conversation, but mortals can not be made immortal by the Valar.

Have you ever read The Silmarillion? It says so in there.

(I'm not being mean or anything, if you think that Valinor is a kind of heaven, then thats your view, and your welcome to it. But I'm just letting you know that that isn't what Tolkien had in mind. :)

Peace, Love and Shire Ale

xMichelle Frodox
crazy4fairies chapter 1 . 8/11/2003
O I like this poem! I can't right poetry and I admire all who can. Poor Sam! Having to watch Frodo, his best friend, leave Middle Earth.
Blondie Blue-eyes chapter 1 . 7/24/2003
It's really great liesel, i hope to one day read your books(which i bought from a book store, because they're published, because you're just that good!) well good luck in calgary! I luv ya hun! bugs & hugs

~ Blondie Blue-eyes(u kno who I am)
Lindsay Kriz chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
good! great!
Talking Hawk chapter 1 . 1/7/2003
(Sniff.) Dude, are you trying to make me cry or somethin'? (Ack!)

Yes, you're right, it is beautiful. ) I'm not quite sure Sam was that devastated, but I have to agree that it was a huge blow to him; the poem was superbly melancholy (if such a thing exists) and conveys Samwise's emotions well. Excellent.

Also, one last thing - you didn't post up your e-mail on your info page, but just in case you were reading my "Only One Can Be Saved" story, I just wanted you to know that the thirteenth chapter is now up. Sorry to bother you if you weren't, but this is a wonderful piece nevertheless - I thoroughly enjoyed it!
Frodo3791 chapter 1 . 1/5/2003
whoa! This is kick bum! Very awesome! You have a lot of talent! I love Sam so much, and I love Sam and Frodos love for each other. (not like in a gay way... cause they are not) anyway, great work! Awesome job!

-Frodo
Elbereth chapter 1 . 1/4/2003
Oh, that was simply lovely. I remember when I first read the LOTR books I cried so much at the end... I love this poem:)
Jade Daughter of Darkness chapter 1 . 12/22/2002
that is sooooooooooooooooooooo sweet and nice. it makes me was to cry :'(
Songbreeze Swifteye chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
wow...great poem! i love it! you're a good poet and really good at rhyming! keep writing!
Staggering Wood-Elf again chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Hello, me again. Thanks for the review on my story, glad you liked it. But if you want to say something to me directly that's not about my story, could you send it to my e-mail addy instead please?

I wanted to apologise. I know I came across as pretty nasty. I don't hate you or your poem, actually I liked it. It's just self-advertising is one of my pet hates. As to changing the summary, I'm perfectly happy now... :)

Good luck with your writings too, I'd like to read some more when I've got time.

~SWE

(ps Sorry if I've sent this review twice, my stupid computer decided to crash when I tried to send it last time so I don't know whether it's appeared or not...)
Staggering Wood-Elf again chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Hello again. Thanks for the review, glad you liked my story. But if you want to shout at me, could you use my e-mail address instead of my review boards?

I'm sorry if I came across as a bit harsh in my review. I don't tend to review with "nasty!" in mind, it's just self-advertising is one of my pet hates. I have no problem with the poem, actually I liked it. As to the summary change, I'm quite happy now... :)

I wish you luck with your writings, and I'd like to read some more of them sometime.
chocoholic1 chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
Give the girl/guy a break it was pretty good! And wots wrong with exclamation marks!