Reviews for Separate Lives
DalWriter chapter 30 . 6/13/2019
That was a bittersweet story. I'm not sure how I feel about the 2 rookie agents who will mirror our heroes.
Neano chapter 30 . 12/4/2018
Lanie, another excellent story. I loved SMK from the time it premiered. My husband was at sea and I’d watch it with my oldest two sons. Must watch tv. Season four was a disappointment after the engagement. Mystery marriage! Stupid idea. Love to see you take it in a better direction. I do always have to laugh when their vacation destination is Virginia Beach. Sounds better than it is especially in the late 80s. Thanks for giving me so much enjoyment with your wonderful imagination.
Sarah605 chapter 1 . 11/16/2018
Read this story a few times already and I still love it. I like your shorter stories too, but I absolutely love the long ones. Great work, Thank you!
Truckee Gal chapter 30 . 1/1/2018
The boys are growing up, Phillip especially with his ogling the babes in bikinis on the beach. Lee and Amanda wasted no time trying again. The first six months of married life was so non-stop, jam-packed, it felt closer to six years for all they endured. Great story!
Truckee Gal chapter 29 . 1/1/2018
You go girl! Kindly knock even more sense into Ephraim next you see him, Francine; for he did not go quietly. Sadly, Ephraim displays not one shred of tact or human decency.

Heart breaking for Lee and Amanda's loss. Lee is devastated yet spoke truth when he contradicted Amanda's, "I lost ..." by declaring, "We lost ..." Phillip and Jamie will be fine because of Lee's sincerity.
Truckee Gal chapter 28 . 1/1/2018
Mister "know-it-all" Grayson's bravado sure chickens out once he's in the field, doesn't it? At least Agent Newton thinks on her feet and her self-confidence has Grayson heeding her commands. Worried to hear how Amanda truly fared after the drop from the wall and explosion.
Truckee Gal chapter 27 . 1/1/2018
Uh oh, that Chambers chick has Ephraim away in her car; no clue if she's involved with the Kleins and Murdochs. Failure to diligently check for bugs has placed the Agency team themselves at risk for a sneak attack. Billy sends them rookies, who have no field or working together experience. The suspense mounts!
Truckee Gal chapter 26 . 1/1/2018
Deliriously happy to see Billy having so much fun implementing a Dr. Smyth plan. Usually, Dr. Smyth plans are onerous and not implemented with any joy at all! Agree with Billy that Agent Newton will flourish under Amanda's tutelage. Knowing how Lee turned out, Billy ought to have a lot more fun watching Agent Lee Stetson mentor Agent Grayson than he had with Lee. After all, turnabout is fair play!
Truckee Gal chapter 25 . 1/1/2018
Well, now, this marriage retreat course, away from daily life, appears to be working wonders for Lee and Amanda! Getting so much baggage, that was weighing Amanda down, off her alone and allowing Lee in to share her history and fears, is just-the-ticket for a lasting, already loving marriage. Is the same fresh air at the retreat having any influence on the friction between Francine and Ephraim?

Why is it that when a strong, seemingly invincible man discloses his vulnerability, it makes him exponentially sexier?

Oh Amanda, you just skipped right over Lee's: "That's always been because I love you and I want to keep you safe." He's saying he loved you from the beginning!
Truckee Gal chapter 24 . 1/1/2018
While the cats are fighting fierce and loud, what are the mice (Kleins & Murdochs) up to? Very nervous that Lee and Amanda's loud argument carried on the still night air.

This reenactment of their shouting match in The Agency bullpen was witnessed by Francine and by Ephraim, who has been belligerent toward them all along. Meaning Ephraim is likely to rat on them.
Truckee Gal chapter 23 . 12/31/2017
Tread carefully, Lee. Ephraim and Francine may get what's needed from tracking the Kleins and Murdochs.
Truckee Gal chapter 22 . 12/31/2017
Appears Agent Grayson discovered the pregnancy. Heads should roll at the hospital for failure to comply with doctor-patient confidentiality!

If Ephraim was a woman, I'd say she has a bee in her bonnet. Ah ha! Ephraim has ants in his pants!
Truckee Gal chapter 21 . 12/31/2017
There's a commonality between Ephraim and Francine. They both like to pry into other people's business!
Truckee Gal chapter 20 . 12/31/2017
Lee, I am so proud of you for your relentless pursuit of the truth driving Amanda's fears. I can hear your parents saying, "That's our boy! He's grown into such a wonderful man."
Truckee Gal chapter 19 . 12/31/2017
That David Chambers is a voyeuristic, low-life pond scum Peeping Tom! Relieved Lee is fully aware of his proclivities and better stick like glue to Amanda!