Reviews for Alone in the Dark
Analyn 100 chapter 5 . 5/19/2003
This is great! I can't wait to see if Frodo gets some of his sight back! Gandalf was right about the irony of Frodo being trapped in darkness. The way you've described how Frodo copes with being blind and the other characters' reactions to it are so real. There's only one thing I would change. You know how at the end of the Fellowship movie Frodo says "I don't suppose we'll ever see them again"? You should mention that somewhere. Because of course, he meant, he didn't think he would live to see them, or they wouldn't live to see him. But they all lived, except Boromir, and he was right, he hasn't been able to see them. Anyway, great story. I've been checking for an update everyday for months. Don't know why I didn't review sooner.
Kay chapter 5 . 3/26/2003
I am loving this story! You have such a gift for making every character seem so - so REAL. Every scene just comes alive! Some of my favorites: Pippin wordlessly slipped two of his own slices onto Frodo's plate. "I won't wear it. You can't make me." Oh, too many to name! I especially like the scene with Frodo and Pippin by the river. I think in this little scene, you captured better than anything I've ever read, how the quest put an end to whatever remained of Pippin's childhood. Like someone else said, this story is worth waiting for. Oh, in case you're not still checking reviews for Seeking Solitude -I just read it yesterday and it took my breath away. Thanks.
Chantelli chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
AH! Waiting too long! Update before I go mad and review multiple times! BAH! There's a hobbit shaped cookie in it for you!
Chantelli chapter 5 . 3/12/2003
WOW! Great story! It's hard to find a story like yours. true to the story, not a marysue or slash. Really, this story is a gem! Keep writing! And update SOON! Well. what are you waiting for? Update!
Budgielover chapter 5 . 3/3/2003
Oh thank you, thank you for updating. Please don't feel we (your fans) are hounding you - it is a testament to the quality of your writing that this story stays in our minds and we find ourselves thinking of it often. Worrying about Frodo. The scene were the guard almost threw him out terrified me - thank God for Pippin's timely entrance. I am overjoyed to read that this will be a long story, circumstances permitting, but hope that Frodo gains some relief from his suffering soon . it is just so painful to read.
amc623 chapter 5 . 3/3/2003
Have I told you how much I love this story? I always get so happy when I see an update for it and look forward to them so much. This chapter was just as wonderful as all the rest, though I would like to slap that guard who mistook Frodo for a beggar.

~AC~
TMMEOW chapter 5 . 3/3/2003
I AM SURE I SPEAK FOR A LOT OF US FANS OF YOUR WORK, IT IS WORTH WAITING FOR. THANK YOU
LilyBaggins chapter 5 . 3/3/2003
Ah, I will wait however long I have to for updates on this story. but yes, I know what you mean-sometimes the mere fact that we have time to write at ALL is amazing, with hectic lives nowadays.

My *favorite* image was Frodo being drugged by Gandalf and subsequently sleeping on his horse. so lovely to see everyone taking what care they can of Frodo. And Frodo as a beggar-poor hobbit! But very plausible. Ah, the way you show Frodo coping is so realistic. I do hope he WANTS to get some of his sight back, eventually. Anyway, I'm rambling. this story is just a wonderful mixture of hope and angst together.
Lady Jaina chapter 5 . 3/3/2003
Great chappie! I am so glad that you finally updated! Very very good! Keep up the excellent work!
Heidi Gamgee chapter 5 . 3/3/2003
Oh, I almost died to see this updated _ Now that I know it shall be a long story, and it seems like you've planned it to its completion, I don't mind waiting for it.

I love how you're completely fulfilling the potential of the premise: writing about Frodo stricken blind is a dream come true for any fan of h/c, but it could easily be written in a shoddy, disappointing way. Not so here! Your story is realistic, beautiful, and continues to develop. You're examining the full consequences of Frodo's suffering, and the results are wonderful.

The image of Frodo wrapped up in his black cloak, looking like a beggar, put me strangely in mind of the mourning Arwen in T. It was powerful and helped show how although Frodo is cherished and praised as Ringbearer, there is another part of him that seems like a lost child.

I love how Frodo's friends are caring for him and sheltering him, while still encouraging him to live a normal life: such as bearing Aragorn's crown. And I am admittedly desperate to find out what will happen to him, and how he will adapt to his his path even out, or are there more rocks ahead still?
tmmeow chapter 4 . 2/18/2003
Please hurry and update, I check everyday.
Lady Jaina chapter 4 . 1/31/2003
Please continue! I LOVE this! It is one of the best stories I have read.
P.N.Batgirl chapter 4 . 1/30/2003
wow, i hadnt seen this one before. goes to show what you miss when you dont pay attention. the hobbits various reactions, and how they've changed, are incredible. awesome, awesome story
Heidi Gamgee chapter 4 . 1/25/2003
Thank you so much for updating! This is a beautiful story, and I love how gently and consistently you're developing the plot. There were a lot of great lines in this chapter, such as Gandalf pretending he's too old to keep up the pace. Wonderful!
amc623 chapter 4 . 1/24/2003
Oh, this wasa wonderful chapter. I really do love this story- one of my favorites. I could hardly wait for this chapter and was so happy to see an update!

It was a little sad in the beginning but you soon had me laughing at all the cute little lines you added in. Frodo'ss stubborness is something I always love in stories and can always laugh at. He's so persistant! Also, Pippin was great. He always lightens the mood.

They gave him a seatbelt? Cute. I can definetly see Sam checking the reins for the thousandth time. As much as I love Sam, he can get very irritating after a while, especially when it has to do with protecting his master.

The terrible flashbacks Frodo had at the river were heartbreaking. When something as simple as a river can bring back such painful memories...wow. So sad...what the quest has done to Frodo is always something that was so sad for me to read about.

This story is great- you are writing it wonderfully. Please update this as soon as possible- this is a fantastic fic. :)

~AC~