Reviews for Alone in the Dark
A Elbereth chapter 4 . 1/24/2003
I was soooo happy to see this updated! So happy! This is a beautiful story, but I always strat to cry. I hope the ride to The White City won't tire Frodo too much (well, maybe just a little). But what I really hope is that Frodo gets at least a little of his vision back. It's so sad! This is almost as sad as a Frodo death fic that was so good like this one.

need more...
LilyBaggins chapter 4 . 1/24/2003
Oh my gosh-I *died* to see this updated-this has got to be one of my favorites, ever. Despite the sadness of it . . . and it's very sad. However, I can see that Frodo is regaining some of his old spirit, and while I hope he regains some sight, it's pretty apparent now that he's too indomitable to give in to this. Lovely chapter... lovely, lovely. I hope we get to see the journey to the White City-and I have to say, everyone's looking out for Frodo-the pony, etc... is grand.
Androgene chapter 4 . 1/23/2003
About time you update! I was waiting a looong time for part 4. Great work, simple tale but very engaging storytelling. How's part 5 coming along?
Beth Mitchell chapter 3 . 1/9/2003
Hello...I wanted to tell you that I love your story to pieces. I am DYING to find out what happens to Frodo and if he really is blind. Please please continue
Nilmandra chapter 3 . 1/3/2003
I have read this story several times, and the scene that I cannot get out of my mind is here at the end of Chapter 3, when Merry and Pippin see the whip marks on Frodo's back, when his blood marks their hands. Having just seen TTT (um, for the third time) one of things that struck me was the whip scars on Gollum's back. I keep thinking of our four injured little hobbits and now must admit am wondering what we will see next year in the RoTK? This whole story is just haunting, beautifully haunting. Our Frodo is going to regain his sight, though? Please?
amc623 chapter 3 . 12/21/2002
Oh my gosh...this was such a great chapter! I loved it. Oh...poor Frodo. That was so nice of Merry to actually let Frodo "see" how tall they were and to describe everything for him. This is very touching story.

Please, please update soon, I was so happy to see a new chapter after so long and you just leave me wanting more. :)

AC
LilyBaggins chapter 3 . 12/20/2002
Gracious-your descriptions of Frodo's injuries terrify me-which I have to tell you I LIVE FOR. Honestly-that's my favorite thing about this story. It's so graphically real, and slow-moving, and sad, and yet Frodo has the support of his friends. Just lovely.
Heidi Gamgee chapter 3 . 12/16/2002
Thank you so much for updating! This is a wonderful story, I'm really enjoying it. I loved how Merry tried to distract Frodo from his frustration over his sight by standing him to check out their newfound height. Merry's attitude is great: "Hush up, Sam, and help your master stand."

They're taking great care of him, it's very touching. Please continue!
Elwen chapter 3 . 12/16/2002
I can't access Frodohealers to review so I'm leaving my review here.

Can't tell you how much I'm enjoying this tale and this latest chapter is the most heartwrenching yet. The interaction between the four hobbits is beautifully highlighted here.
A Elbereth chapter 3 . 12/15/2002
OMG! This story makes me cry! I felt such sympathy when Frodo couldn't even find his food without help! I'm going to die! Okay... maybe not... but Frodo did in your other fic 'Sallow' which made me burst hysterically into tears...

This is so good, but it makes me so sad! Are your eally going to cause Frodo the pain of being blind? How horrible! What a nightmare to not be able to see the beauty in each feature of every face... the face of the moon and stars and mountains... how terrible...

Sorry, I'm getting poetic in my depressive state lol... Its so good! Please continue! I added it to my favorites, as well as you to my authors list! Please hurry with the next chapter! I love it so much! Need more! Poor Frodo!
sayhello chapter 1 . 12/15/2002
Wow! Another wonderful chapter! This is just such a great story. Very believably written, full of sorrow and angst. I'm following this story with *great* interest! More please! Poor, poor Frodo!
Ariel3 chapter 3 . 12/15/2002
I've said it before, Slipstream, but I absolutely ADORE this... You have built such a believeable AU with such care and such attention to detail! It is bloody MARVELLOUS! At the rate you are going you are going to have LOTS of chapters and lots more angst for the poor boy! PLEASE finish this - I can honestly say I am TOTALLY loving this wonderfully angsty tale!
amc623 chapter 2 . 11/12/2002
Oh my gosh, what a heart-breaking chapter. Really, this was so moving. I just couldn't stop thinking about this fic after the first chapter and I am SO glad you updated. I can't wait for more!

AC
A Elbereth chapter 2 . 11/11/2002
Wow!

“I never want to taste the elven waybread ever again. I wish I had never grown to know its hollow taste that wills a body to live even when the mind wishes to die…”

That is an extremely strong statement. I can see it-the things Frodo felt and saw-and it's just not fair. You did well with this particular sentence. I'm sure every other reader here has also thought something special about this phrase.
LilyBaggins chapter 2 . 11/11/2002
My God, that's sad. So sad ... but utterly lovely. Okay, I have to keep MY eyes from tearing up as I read it... this absolutely makes my heart wrench for the poor little hobbit. I adore the medical detail and research you've (and Febobe for the nutrition!) poured into this ... you know, it reminds me of trachoma, which is what many soldiers used to get during warfare from the filthy conditions and dust.
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »