Reviews for Alone in the Dark
shirebound chapter 2 . 11/11/2002
Oh, I'm just gasping in agony and pity for Frodo. This is so heartbreaking! You're not going to *leave* him like this, are you? Whew. I'm really caught up in your story, as you can tell. So beautifully written, but it's truly breaking my heart. Sigh.
Ancalime can't login since I technically already commented chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
You should feel very proud of yourself for this piece. You've had me thinking about it almost nonstop since I read it the first time (and the second . . . and the third . . .). :p And since I'm trying to placate the little hamsters in my brain that are running around with all sorts of musings about your fic, I'm going to write these ideas out so that maybe, just *maybe*, they'll give me some peace and quiet for once. :p Anyway . . .

-Frodo's going to be blind (or close to it) isn't he . . . I can see why you chose this as your plot-it has the potential for many interesting twists and, of course, lots of angst :)

-how will he react when he first finds out? Disbelief, obviously, perhaps anger . . . then maybe moving to despair; I say that because I get the impression that before the Quest, his life was much like Bilbo's-reading, writing, translating-all of which obviously require eyesight (at least, in their more primitive society, I would imagine they hadn't developed anything like Braille yet). In that case, he'll feel rather useless, since he can no longer do what he used to do. Also, he wouldn't really be able to write the Red Book, either, unless he himself comes up with a Braille-type system . . .

-I think all of that would probably make the anniversary illnesses worse, especially since all he'll be able to 'see' (in his memory, of course) is the nightmares and memories of the evil he's experienced. I imagine that would be overwhelming.

-will he still sail West? I can't really see why he wouldn't, *especially* if sailing has the potential to heal his eyes as well as his emotional wounds. If that were the case, and his eyes did heal, a good ending could be when Sam arrives and they reunite, with Frodo actually able to *see* him again (aww, how sweet . . .) . . . :)

Of course, most of that rambling is dependent upon Frodo being blind (or very close to it), and while I'm not *absolutely* certain that's what's going to happen, I'm fairly confident in that prediction. ;) I can't wait for more of this; I want to see how what you write compares to my own mental 'plot'. :p But of course, I also can't wait simply because it's an excellent story! :)
amc623 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Wow! This was great! I can't wait for you to continue on this. What's wrong with Frodo's eyes anyway? Oh well...I guess I'll find out eventually. Please update soon, this story is so good!

~AC~
LilyBaggins chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Wowza ... I've read this chapter now at least three times . . . and every time I feel like a little knife is twisting inside of me, I feel such pity and pain for Frodo. Absolutely adore it, though . . . the medical detail is what, as most on FrodoHealers know, I personally live for . . . as is Aragorn's and Gandalf's concern. Especially like Aragorn's outburst-and his guilt and worry about what type of life Frodo will live.

Really, really looking forward to the rest of this story. I must go now. . . so I can read it again. :)
Lotesse chapter 1 . 11/2/2002
Oh, gadzooks! That was lovely, and there's going to be more, right? Please? Quick postiong is a good thing, ya know.

Quibbles: Aragorn wouldn't say "damn." Never in all of LotR does he curse. They just don't do that in ME. Also, a few typos: retched for wretched, Galdaf for Gandalf, et al. Just little stuff.

You implied that M&P were there. It'd be nice if we got their views on this whole shebang at some point.

Frodo's blind, isn't he?

Really, I can't wait for the next part. This is splendid. Well Done!
tmmeow chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
Wonderful! I love how you cover everybody's POV and still keep it going nice and angsty. More Please!
tiggivon chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
had to leave you a review here too. it,s one of the best post ring stories i've read and i'm so pleased you've posted here too.

tiggivon.x
ClaudiaofBree chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
Very wonderful angsty piece! Wow, I love the small details you put in to make this a good story, from Aragorn's concern to the point of frustration to Gandalf's wisdom to Frodo's severe mental and physical pain...Wow! Great job!
shirebound chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
This is MARVELOUS! I read your posts at FrodoHealers, and I'm so glad you're sharing this story with us so quickly. You're a wonderful writer, and this is a very unique perspective to be taking in Frodo's healing process. I VERY eagerly await future chapters!
Tangelian Proudfoot chapter 1 . 11/1/2002
This was nothing short of *amazing*!

Your characterisation, your way of describing Frodo's (and Sam's, by all means!) suffering and thoughts... oh my, I'm at loss of words here.

I'm so glad you joined the Frodo Healers! :-)

Hugs;

Tangelian
Ancalime8301 chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
Oh, you've gone and broken my resolve. I wasn't going to review anything until I got the next chapter of my fic up on FrodoHealers, but after reading this I just *had* to review!

This first chapter alone is heartbreaking; I can't imagine what you're going to subject him (and us!) to in future chapters. I think I can kind of guess what might happen and what might be wrong with Frodo, but I'll wait and see. :) I can't *wait* for more on this! I wanna *know* what's wrong with Frodo!

P.S. one tiny nitpick: it's Gondor, not Godor :p
A Elbereth chapter 1 . 10/31/2002
Before I read this fic I read a horrifying, most suspenseful, angsty fic about Frodo and now anything I read with Frodo in pain I just start getting all teary, and now all the stories seem better! And this story adds on to my love for these stories! please continue soon. This is something Tolkien had left out, and you tell the story well.
57 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4