Reviews for The Dog and His Boy
darkphoenix31 chapter 1 . 7/10
Cute story. I love Sirius/Harry guardian stories. I find it a little hard to believe that Sirius never gets the scent of Peter all this time and rather than him just stay with Percy he probably should have run away altogether. I also found the relationship with Remus unnecessary. It really adds nothing to story but more questions. If they really were in a relationship- why was Remus suspected at the spy? Just because he's a werewolf? It makes no sense. Why not try to explain the entire situation to the man you're in love with. 12 years pass the the two them never speak and. in Sirius' case, never seems to even think about. As much as people seems to love the idea of Remus and Sirius together it has never made sense to me. If anything- and this is pushing it to the limits- I could believe that Sirius had an unrequited love for James but there was never any indication in the books that Remus and Sirius were anything other than friends.
sbmcneil chapter 1 . 7/9
Cute story. I love how Sirius looked after Harry and kept him save. I also like him calling Sirius 'Da'. It would have been better without Remus - he never tries to look for his 'boyfriend' nor does he look for Harry. I don't get the whole Wolfstar relationship - there's not basis for it at all.
Keira90 chapter 1 . 6/12
well, there was a few mistakes along the road, but overall it was very enjoyable.
Dhsjakbdja chapter 1 . 3/24
I absolutely loved it. Amazing grammar. Could you perhaps co a sequel
Lala-rainbowlight chapter 1 . 1/14
Aw, this fanfic was perfect! And I loved the Weasley twins bonding with Padfoot! I enjoyed the Wolfstar too, but I can't help but feel sad about it too because this means that my ship of Tonks and Lupin won't sail :(
Medilia chapter 1 . 12/5/2016
Great Story!
saloni.golechha12 chapter 1 . 8/6/2016
I hope the sequel comes soon. This really was amazing :)
booksfoodmusic-minion chapter 1 . 7/29/2016
Awwww! That was really sweet! Any story where Harry grows up feeling even a little loved is great and this is fantastic!
:D
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 1 . 7/7/2016
It was Harry that had stuck his wand up the troll's nose. Ron had levitated the troll's club and hit him over the head with it.

Sirius would have inherited the Black fortune from the house patriarch, his great uncle Arcturus, not his mother Walburga. Walburga really had no say. Her blasting Sirius off the tapestry was an unofficial act only. By the time Arcturus died in 1991 Sirius was the only Black left alive.

The Mason's visit (when Dobby ruined the dessert) was the day of Harry's birthday.

Misuse of "ostensibly", probably for "illicitly". "Ostensibly" means "apparently" and indicates there is some question as to the truth of the statement. Since Padfoot already flew in the car, there is nothing "ostensibly" about its ability to fly.

Divination doesn't start until third year. Also, Ancient Runes.

Fred and George aren't particularly tall. Ron is taller than the twins. George certainly wouldn't tower over Sirius Black.

Misuse of "shuttered" for "shuddered".

"looped an arm", not just "looped an".

Wrong tense "known" where "know" is required. Since Parseltongue is not a learned language, "speak" is probably better than "know".

They leave for the summer in June, not May.

"several times", not just "several".

"scooped", not "scooper"

"as you or me", not "as you or I". "you" and "me" are objects of the preposition "as". Thus, they require the objective pronouns. Since "myself" can be used as an intensifier to replace "me", "as you or myself" (or better "as ourselves") is also correct and well-attested but frowned upon by some prescriptivists.

"bed next", not "bed neck".

"wasn't allowed to pout", not "was allowed to pout".

Misuse of "tale" for "tail".
Dagger-Seishin chapter 1 . 6/21/2016
Lol poor Harry
Chise Sakamoto chapter 1 . 6/17/2016
Lovely!
PoppedTheP chapter 1 . 4/22/2016
This is a lovely Harry/Sirius take! Thanks for sharing!
ASnowFern chapter 1 . 1/16/2016
Awwww I love this! I really hope there's a sequel! Pettigrew hasn't been caught yet! And we know he's with the Weasleys. With Percy.

I've never read much about Moody but I really like the fact that he was the only one who knew that Sirius was innocent. One concern is that divination is a 3rd year subject so they shouldn't be taking it just yet.

But that's not important. Anyway, this was a brilliant read. Thanks for sharing(:
toolazytologin chapter 1 . 1/13/2016
oh my god im crying i cant believe it.
I've been re-reading and re-watching harry potter's books and movies and im not over sirius death i'll never be and this is just what i needed i love you so much right now, this is honestly wonderful i loved every part of it thank you so very much!
Charm Caster1127 chapter 1 . 12/11/2015
AWWWE! That was SOOOOO CUTE!