Reviews for Wild Hearts
This story is really good, but is this the end? I love this beautiful world you’ve built off the movies and I really hope you’ll update :)
Well fuck, now I’m crying
bluepianos chapter 30 . 6/23
NO PLEASE THAT REALLY CAN'T BE IT.

Still, what a great way to end, the (slow?) beginnings of Snot's and Astrid's mending relationship. They're a lot like each other and I love to see whenever they get along (despite how rare that may be).

This story hasn't been updated in over 4 years now but I 100% (200% 300%) completely understand that time takes over, work, life, THINGS all happen, and that means fanfiction gets pushed to the backburner, maybe temporarily, maybe forever.

Whatever will happen to the rest of this story (obv if you could finish it, I would be SO forever grateful, I promise you, I'd cry), I just wanted to say it has been a long, remarkable, and extremely enjoyable journey. I always love the canon divergence of Hiccup growing up with dragons instead of Vikings and this is probably my favorite version of it. I'm particularly appreciative and fond of how Astrid is truly the main character, surrounded by themes of honor, family, and self-sacrifice, all very relevant themes not just to me but I'm sure to loads of girls (and boys!?) out there. Wanting to please and protect our parents and the people we love? It can't get more universal than that.

And as always, my love for dragons never subsides - it I only grows, in tenfold thanks to this.

It's been a pleasure reading Wild Hearts (so far? wink wink) - I do hope you continue!
I love this but is this realy where your leaving it
bluepianos chapter 6 . 6/19
I have been silent since starting this but I don't know why, I should have been putting in more of my enthusiasm into reviews! Apologies for that.

This is SUCH an intriguing concept, and an incredibly creative approach to not only Hiccup's character, but his dynamic with Astrid as well as his entire relationship with Toothless. The unintentional lewd and suggestive marks aside, his innocence and naivety paired with the sobriety of his determination to save BOTH dragons and humans are such a strange combination. He still feels like the Hiccup I know – the one who cares about saving everyone, no matter what it takes – but at the same time his unbalanced knowledge of humans and dragons make him feel like a stranger. I think it's amazing how you've achieved that!

Already really looking forward to this ENTIRE thing. There's so much that's already drawing me in; Valka and Stoick, Astrid's engagement to Snotlout (youch), Astrid's growing friendship with the blue Nadder (*ahem* Stormfly? doy *ahem*), and. Of course. The impending Hiccstrid. The rating of this story has NOT escaped my attention ehehehe.

Anyway. I'm gonna keep reading now.
Gosh, I'm going crazy wondering if you'll post again! This story is so beautifully crafted. It's hard to think of constructive criticism when I love it so much! This is such a unique idea that you've executed nearly perfectly. I just hope that you are able to bring it to fruition. Please and thank you. Even if you never do, what you HAVE written is amazing, and I hope you keep on writing.
please don't let it end here
lnept chapter 30 . 5/14
Please continue this artful masterpiece. You have remarkable talent.

Thank you for writing.
Imexecutioner chapter 30 . 5/4
I love this story! Really hope you’ll finish it someday!
Just a fan chapter 30 . 4/12
This is one of the best fanfics so far that I’ve read.. the story is very well written and the plot is amazing. please Please PLEASE try to complete this story and good luck!
Just a fan chapter 30 . 4/11
This is one of the best fanfics so far that I’ve read.. the story is very well written and the plot is amazing. please Please PLEASE try to complete this story! I’m just so excited for the next one! So yeah thanks for this story and good luck!
Somethingalltogether chapter 30 . 4/2
This is a really good story with a well thought out plot, good character development, and excellent twists and turns. It’s a pleasure to read and I hope you one day wrap it up.
Glon Morski chapter 30 . 4/2
I've spent the last few days reading through this fic with hardly any break at all and I have only one thing to say: This. Is. Awesome.

No, really, I could basically sum up everything I liked about this story into that one sentence: it was awesome. Every single moment. I liked how you told the story, how you paced it not too fast and not too slow. I liked how the relationship between Hiccup and Astrid changed progressively, how he was curious at first and how his utter lack of propriety made her react and actually fall in love in time, rather than be put off by him. I liked how you portrayed the charatcers. In short, I basically lied everything about this story so far..

I commend you specifically on how you ortrayed the characters. Hiccup's wild and yet just human enough to be able to communicate normally and rather than frightening, the wildness in him is more endearing. Looking at him, I really think this is how he could have turned out if Valka hadn't been the only one taken that night. Still curious, still unable to kill a dragon unless he has to (like the queen, who's a clear exception)... and still very rebellious against the parent he grows up with, though his reasons are largely different than wanting attention like in the film. And that line when he talked with Valka, when he asked her if she was listening... that really drove the point home that no matter who Hiccup would be brough up by, there would always be frction, because his father was only for humans, his mother only for dragons, and he was for both, perfectly in the middle. From the Vikings of Berk, Astrid aside, I have to say I'm most impressed with how you handled Snotlout, who out of the entire group would easily be the most affected if Hiccup hadn't grown up on Berk, for the very reasons you named. Even if the film never really made it clear if Snotlout and Hiccup really are cousins like they are in the books.

But the character who you really naied on the head so well that it made my head spin was Valka. I absolutely hated her. And yes, that's a compliment, because I didn't like her character in the film either. You brought up all of the points that made her her and reminded me really what I disliked about her. I saw the Valka in your story and I was like 'this isn't even a fanfic counterpart, this is the very character from the damn film' x) So I'm impressed. And despite heavily disliking Valka as a character, I really love how true to how she was portrayed in the film you managed to portray her here. Along with everyone else, changes to their backgrounds and how they grew up without Hiccup aside.

(To be fair to Valka, though, it's not like I don't understand her reasons, in case you're wondering. I do. I just don't agree with her. And I hate how much of a hypocrite she is :/)

For the plot, there's one thing that certainly stands out from many (if not all) other fics in which Hiccup had been taken along with Valka or otherwise disappeared from Berk: the scene when he finally reveals himself to his father as his son. I loved it because it was the first time I ever read a fic like that in which Stoick, once he actually realized this *really* was his son, didn't immediately grab an axe in anger and say Hiccup's a traitor to humanity. He didn't jump to conclusions. He actually *listened* and was on Hiccup's side and the problems came from *elsewhere* in the village (particularly Spitelout, whose name suddeny seems more fitting given how spiteful he is LOL). It was just refreshing and also more believable, in a way, because as much as Stoick is a Chief of Berk, he's also Hiccup's father and I don't think he'd ever really see him as a traitor to the point of wanting to arrest or fight and kill him like many other fics like this tend to portray. So your take on the scenario was absolutely perfect in my opinion.

And the end of the most recent chapter, with Snotlout no-so-subtly offering to basically bail Astrid's father out of jail. I actually almost fell out of my chair laughing my butt off when his implications about 'burning down the jailhouse' finally sank in for me a couple of sentences before he *really* made it obvious my mentioning the missing carpenters and stuff. Though I have to wonder if he'll really be of much help in the actual battle later, given that he'll only have one night of training to fly a dragon. Not even that. The others might have problems as evidenced by the little disaster that snapped Toothless's prothesis, but they had a few days of training at least. Snotlout just has one night. So I'm kind of wondering how that will turn out for him LOL

And speaing of that short moment when Toothless's tail failed... was that a nod towards the reason Hiccup lost his leg because they couldn't fly out of the fiery storm that had become the queen's corpse in the film? Or is it maybe foreshadowing that the same might happen in your story? Time will tell, I guess, but I'm certainly interested.

If there's one little thing I wasn't quite fond of (and really, that's a minor detail at best and mostly just my own personal prefference) it would be the way you shorten some of the character's names, be it in the narrative or dialogue. Particularly Fishlegs to Legs and Snotlout to Snot, mostly because those abbreviations are words in themselves with distinct meanings, so it just feel weird to me. That's just my own personal opinion though.

Overall, I absolutely loved it. It was awesome so far. It was fantastic. I hope you'll update it again soon, because I can sense the climax coming up and not knowing how this will end at this point i just frustrating LOL Because I kind of know what happens next, and yet don't. I mean, we all know they'll kill the queen. But at what cost? Which character won't make it back? Will Hiccup still risk his life somehow and end up losing one of his legs? Those are the questions I definitely have that have me waiting impatiently for the next chapter, even though I just barely caught up. So I'll hope for an update sometime soon. Especially since it seems like you're two, maybe three chapers from an ending. It would be a shame to drop it now, wouldn't it?

Sincerely,

Glon Morski
sendatsu chapter 30 . 2/20
Aaaaaaah this continues to be my absolute favorite HTTYD fic. I know it's been a long, long time but I hope you come back to
Beautiful story, great characters! It is nice to see that everyone has flaws
1,633 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »