Reviews for With Friends Like These
M1 chapter 7 . 12/14/2014
Nice work again - you really capture the scene well and I like all of the plot twists you put in there - keeps the reader on their toes :)

This is one of my favourite storys so please keep it up you are doing a great job :D

M1.
BIBOTOT chapter 7 . 12/11/2014
9 out of 10.
Nice one with the Tau along with their allies fending off against the Great Unclean One. Very good description of the morbid fate suffered by those Tau being too close to Nurgle and feet his love. Niverro is such a pain, hope he will get some sense of it soon, or perish to the evils of the Warp.

The Space Wolf is quite interesting. Just saying, he does not draw power from the Warp directly, but more likely through the feral spirit of Fenris, much like Ork Weirdboyz drawing power from the latent and Tyranids from the Hive Mind. This means possession is less often but nobody says anything about periling.

I will have to ask this, what word do the Eldar use to refer to the Tau, if they call humans "Mon'keigh"? Do they just use "Blueskin" like the humans and Orks do?
CapitalClassShip chapter 7 . 12/8/2014
For those who don't know who Malal is

Malal, also now called Malice, is a renegade Chaos God and the Hierarch of Anarchy and Terror who appeared in early editions of the fictional universes of Warhammer Fantasy and Warhammer 40,000. Also known as "The Outcast God", "The Lost God" and "The Renegade God", Malal was the embodiment of Chaos' indiscriminate and anarchic tendency toward destruction, even of itself and its own agents. The nature of Malal's/Malice's powers is parasitic, as the Renegade God grows in power only when the other Ruinous Powers do. Malal's sacred number is 11 and his sacred colours are black and white.

here is a name whispered quietly and with fear even by the most depraved, the most evil, and the least sane of the worshippers of Chaos. That name is Malal, the Renegade God of Chaos. Any man who dares look within the unholy black pages of The Great Book of Despair, that foul tome held sacred by worshippers of Chaos, would find the following words: "...and he that went before now came last, and that which was white and black and all direction was thrown against itself. Grown mightily indignant at the words of the Gods, Malal did turn his heart against them and flee into the chambers of space . . . And no man looked to Malal then, save those that serve that which they hate, who smile upon their misfortune, and who bear no love save for the damned. At such times as a warrior's heart turns to Malal, all Gods of Chaos grow fearful, and the laughter of the Outcast God fills the tomb of space . . ."

In eons past Malal was cast out from the bosom of Chaos by the other Gods, or else abandoned them of his own volition, no one is sure which. In any case, Malal's relationship to the other Gods of Chaos is a strange one. All Gods of Chaos pursue purposes that are wholly their own, yet only Malal occupies a position so antithetical to the success of his own unfathomable creed. To be a follower of Malal is to be a Chaotic warrior bent upon shedding the blood of other Chaotic creatures. As such, Malal is both feared and hated by the other Chaos Gods. Malal's worshippers, too, are loathed by other Chaotics; they are outcasts beloved by neither the friends nor enemies of Chaos, dependent upon the least whim of their patron deity. Few men worship such a God; fewer still live long in his service. The bonds that tie master and servant ever drain upon the soul of the warrior, and it is a rare man that can loosen the bonds of Malal once forged.

His Astartes Chapter:The Sons of Malice Chaos Space Marines

Notable Servant:Kathal, Lord of the Sons of Malice.
M1 chapter 6 . 11/17/2014
Ooohhhh interesting! :) A space marine eh? That's new :P

Looking forward to the next chapter keep up the good work
Punk110 chapter 6 . 10/15/2014
Please, keep this up. Now that a Space Wolf showed up, I'm super hyped!

Cry havoc, the Sons of Russ join the fray!
BIBOTOT chapter 6 . 9/28/2014
9 out of 10.
Papa Nurgle is coming to bring decay onto another world. I like how the Space Wolves showed himself without too much blood being spilled. Will look forward to next chapter where the Tau will engage the daemons soon.
M1 chapter 5 . 8/11/2014
Love this story!

Looking forward to the next chapter :)
BIBOTOT chapter 5 . 8/6/2014
9 out of 10.
Hope I am not the only one reviewing this. Good to see the Tau making an appearance without sounding too much like Greater Good obsessed assholes. Nice battle scene here, though I don't like the fact the Tau were using humans as bait and then pulled out an ambush. The Dark Eldar didn't seem too menacing, which is kinda disappointing.
BIBOTOT chapter 4 . 7/24/2014
9 out of 10.
Interesting concept. The intro was fun the read and the Primachs are awesome.
BIBOTOT chapter 3 . 6/28/2014
9 out of 10.
This is going quite well here. Excellent writing, as always. However, I would like to point out that the Tau seem a bit too informal, especially Diamoto, and the conversation with the Eldar (which I was expecting) falls too short. I will be looking forward to more. Let's see what mystery Miguel will encounter.
TheImperious chapter 3 . 6/27/2014
Good structure and good themes. Word choice could have been more dynamic to fill the scenes with more drastic colours. I also would have liked to see more variety in the dialog between Imperial and Tau. And I was really hoping that chapter three would end with some variation of 'so I am.' Looking forward to more.
M1 chapter 3 . 6/27/2014
It's back! Glad to see the demon fighting duo again :)

Keep up the good work :D
BIBOTOT chapter 2 . 6/11/2014
8 out of 10.
It's good to see some early action, especially Tau that don't suck in close combat. The Rogue Traders are just below average. I would expect them to put up a much better fight than that, or the captain would respond to the Tau more calmly. I am a fan of Rogue Traders as much as Inquisitors myself, and I find this rather disappointing. Anyway, now that the Eldar have shown up, I will like to see how the two factions will interact with one another.
Baelparagon chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Good intro chapter. cant wait for the next update.
BIBOTOT chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
9 out of 10.
Nice start. This is the first time I have seen anyone write about the Farsight Enclave. The description about the Tau is communistic, which is exactly what I expect. I hope to see Tau Empire vs Farsight Enclave, and if possible, the ultimate showdown between Farsight and Shadowsun.