Reviews for The Fiction of Dignity
Winterhalt chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
As always. I LOVED IT! you, my friend, are terrific. So glad to see a Wayne story, as only you can tell it!
KSlycke chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Its about fucking time you wrote again. Jesus H. Christ its almost beena an year. Rock on I liked it. Damn but Beachhead gets stabbed and shot a lot. He should be a crash test dummy for body armor. Keep it up!

Sincerely,

KSlycke
capsarchick chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
I liked it actually!
frkykorngirl chapter 1 . 6/9/2014
Omg yaaayyy i finally get my fix! Love this one keep em comin for me, this made my day :)
bugsymutt chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
I was happy to see a new story from you. Looking forward to more! I like how you kept the "dignity" thought going through the story, and I loved CG's line about how Beach wasn't usually "this way." Ha!
Night fury lover16 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Yay your back lol I've missed reading your stories there so good. I really enjyoyed this I laughed out loud literally and my family was staring at me /.\ but Idc I loved this story good job
TinySprite chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Nice!

One thing though, you've got an odd bit of code in the paragraph where Beach is being carried out on the stretcher.
Phoenix51 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Welcome back, We missed you soooooooo much!
Great story, only Beach-Head could #% & up dying!
Lady Jaye1 chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
I liked the story even better on the second read through. As other reviewers have said, you really manage the line between dark humor and the tragedy of death (or almost dying) quite nicely. I also like how in the jumbled thoughts of Beach Head, you see a glimpse of how he thinks of himself, various teammates, and even his enemies.
tigerwolfspellbear chapter 1 . 6/8/2014
Yay for posting! Always happy to get an email about stories (I feel like I need a "You've got fanfiction" email announcer). I think you tread the line of morbid and humor quite well. His rambling thoughts and personality allowed you to inject humor well. My favorites being his comment about Polly, general complaining of things not to say to a dying ranger, and his lamenting of the improperly trained Cobra. Also liked the comparisons of before having Cover Girl as his girlfriend and after. He does need someone to help smooth the road since he's determined not to pave it.
AA - MamaBirdCat chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
Wow! you had me scared that you where actually going to let Beachhead die from a Cobra's knife..

So glad that Beach Head was lousy at dying..
Totenkinder Madchen chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
This made me laugh like the crazy person I like to pretend I'm not. Well done! I've never been nearly dead, but I have had the experience of sprawling on the ground injured and wondering why the hell I can't be more, yes, dignified about it, and I have to say it felt a lot like this at times.

I love Beach's annoyance at the Cobra who failed to finish him off. My favorite part, though, was him mentally criticizing Lifeline's repertoire of comforting cliche lines. Lifeline is just too darn *sincere* for words sometimes. No wonder Beach was mad about it.

And don't worry, sergeant major, "Death's shade" is from the Psalms. You can safely use it next time you almost die.
Asterisk78 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I think the humor and the morbidity did balance out well, at least for me. Besides, it's an interesting character study partially because it's a little extreme, and especially since it ends on a light note, I think it's just fine. Nicely done.
Karama9 chapter 1 . 6/7/2014
I lost it right around the "ranger lungs". Awh, Beach. You're not lousy at dying, you're awesome at not quite dying. Loved this!