Reviews for Father of the Key
KrisB-71854 chapter 6 . 7/4
Um, I don't really like the feel of this.

I was o.k. with the Harry/Joyce one. It didn't really make sense though. It's not like there was much time while Harry was 15 to actually bump into tourist Joyce and have that short fling. That and you had to handwave the HP timeline to adjust for Harry being older there. That actually worked for me. The HP stuff could easily happen earlier.

That one felt like Badass Harry coming to reconnect with his daughter and all that.

This one? Feels more like a PTB mind whamy to get them together just cause. I don't see Harry or Buffy being the sort to have a hormone filled fling. I could actually understand most of the BtVS girls having fling with HP. I don't really like it being Buffy. Just rubs me the wrong way. It would work with nearly any of them though. Cordy, Faith, Buffy, Amy, or even Willow. About the only one that it wouldn't work for is Kendra or Jenny Calendar.

I don't really buy late teen Harry sleeping around like that. If you were using some other HP character like Sirius, I could see it. Harry though? Not so much.

Actually, that would make an interesting change. Harry gets all of Sirius's money and such. Sirius didn't have a clue that he had any outstanding kids. Harry finds out that Sirius had an unknown child that needs taken care of. This could be right at post Hogwarts where all the HP crap has just been taken care off. Harry is wanting to get away from things and this is also something that needs to be looked into. Harry could feel guilty for not looking into the child sooner as well. No one mentioned to Harry that Sirius had a kid.

With that sort of setup, I could see Harry, Teddy, and some tagalongs like Luna or Hermione coming.

Well enough about that and for the RWBY elements and such. I'm sort of mixed on that. On one hand, I could see Harry's parents being that bad ass. Then again, if they were remotely like RWBY hunters except going after demons/vamps/rouge dark creatures then Lily or James should have been able to easily flee. Well maybe not James because of the family upstairs, but Lily being tied into the wards would know that she needs to grab her kid and run. A jump through a second story window would be nothing to RWBY aura user.

I actually don't mind you having them freshly invented the aura style magic and the RWBY weapons. That's all that you need from that setting though. You could have Luna, Hermione, or Daphne be Harry's Q. If you really wanted to tie things together you might as well toss in the van helsing movie (not anime) hunters with their odd tech. You could have whichever magical creates those weapons having been in the trade for centuries. The RWBY style weapons are the latest revolution in hunter weaponry that combines and personalizes lots of potential into a weapon of pure awesome.

I don't actually mind aura being around and used. You could have it being a hunter only brand/style of magic. It is different to most magic as it just requires another aura user to unlock the potential aura of another. Presto you've got a trainable super power.

Blinks. You could really screw with the slayer stuff with the slayer spirit not really existing per se. It's some family's odd aura training tool. The Watchers merely stole the slayer from a real hunter family.

You could have the HP magic and aura interfere with each other. Squibs though can be taught aura usage. So instead of tossing the squibs into the muggle world, they could be trained as dark creature hunters. Some folks might actually think that it is kinder to send them to mundane orphanages untrained. They actually live much longer there.
hunter81095 chapter 6 . 4/3
I honestly preferred the original version of this story personally. Pregnancy fics are boring at the best of times, and teenage parenthood is a shitty story device on its own, let alone combined with Buffy's lifestyle. There's no way in hell that she could be the Slayer and be pregnant on the Hellmouth, Nikki Woods may have managed pregnancy as a Slayer, but she wasn't on an active Hellmouth like Buffy was. However an older Harry with Joyce as a one night stand? That fits way better in my opinion than forcing Buffy Summers into teenage parenthood while simultaneously taking away one of the best parts of late series Buffy.

I mean come on, Dawn may have been annoying at first, but she turned into an adorable little snark machine!

Anyways, that's just my opinion, and I can't really force you to subscribe to my way of thinking, it's just the way I see it, personally.
Chefsknife chapter 6 . 1/25
Maybe you should put the rewrite in a separate thread. I think it is much better than the first try. I had some trouble with the Harry/Joyce pairing since he was so young. Thankfully I kept reading and got to the last chapter with the rewrite. Keep up the good work and thanks for writing.
Ageofempierswar chapter 6 . 1/15
Well i will be honest. I like the first 3 chapter and story line better than chapter 6
BMS chapter 3 . 12/23/2017
Again, I don't see the point of using Harry if your going to go w/ a huge weapon's load out for when he fights. I presumed that the point of a HP/BtVS crossover was to have Harry use his style magic to help equalize the field not have him be some weapon toting bad ass who also does magic.
Once again I hope that changes in the rewrite.
BMS chapter 2 . 12/23/2017
Exciting fight but Harry's not using spells to fight the vamps is disappointing. I mean if he's just going to be an uber-fighter occasionally using magic you might as well used Giles, Xander or even Naruto for a non wizard father. I do hope Harry will use more magic in the rewrite.
The Lady of the Land chapter 6 . 12/18/2017
I like this version better, feels more natural. Good job! I also noticed fewer grammar/spelling issues, kudos! I can't wait to read the new and improved version. Happy writing!
Mad about the Boro chapter 6 . 12/17/2017
Nice, I look forward to reading the full version. Hope you have a Merry Christmas & we'll see you in the new year!
Redwing1co chapter 6 . 12/16/2017
Great idea and combination
MathiasNightlord01 chapter 6 . 12/16/2017
Please don't use this your original story was much more interesting and true to the characterizations from each series that meshed surprisingly well together. This rewrite frankly caused me to blank out because of how outlandish it is and nonsensical for either setting.
Fulcano chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
I would suggest against using RWBY in your story, not only can you not justify its place in the HP and Buffy canon, but magic in RWBY is considered to be separate from aura (Ozpin's Curse is magic, and the maidens are also magic users). The sword shield combo is something while justifiable in Buffy, it wouldn't work as a family heirloom in HP given the technological know-how needed to make such a device even something simple like a collapsible shield. I believe another reviewer said it, but using the sword of Gryffindor is much more believable in comparison to a weapon from RWBY.
godess bubbles chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
I'm really looking forward to the new series!
orion0905 chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
That looks cute if sad for the pair to be manipulated like that but definitely more interesting then the original.
Phnxfyr1 chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
I like it keep up the good work
LittleGreenWollf chapter 6 . 12/15/2017
So happy to see this going again can't wait to read more soon