Reviews for The Forgotten Boy
Diddleymaz chapter 8 . 7/8
Eugenics or what happens when people take Darwinian evolution too far.
hearagain chapter 8 . 6/20
I really enjoyed your fix to smaking the adults solve their own problems. Loved your Severus and your level of detail as we watched him grow and change to better help Harry. Thanks for sharing your story.
crankypants16 chapter 8 . 6/10
Loved your story
SaiyaCat chapter 8 . 6/1
That was so Sweet!
SaiyaCat chapter 7 . 5/31
Hell ya Severus You Rock
missgsmith51 chapter 8 . 5/1
This was a wonderful story. I'm so glad Sev got Harry out of the insane asylum that was Albus Dumbledore's little world. Frankly, I think Dumbo should have been turned over to the Potters, Longbottoms, and Weasleys for punishment. Or maybe to the Goblins.

It's too bad the DMLE didn't see Sev's memories BEFORE the disaster Dumbo created. The Goblins could have pointed out that they were present and had a part in the ritual that sent Voldy to his "next great adventure," after having found a Horcrux in Gringotts which they used to track down and destroy all of the others. They could have told the truth - with a few judicious exclusions to protect Sev and Harry - back when the DEs died, and maybe Dumbledore would have been dealt with earlier.

Of course, the other professors should have notified Amelia of what Dumbledore had wanted them to do, even though they refused. Perhaps someone would have been dispatched to keep a closer eye on him. Minerva, at the very least, knew how arrogant, stubborn, and single-minded he was, once he was determined on a course of action. She must have known he wouldn't give up so easily.

I'm glad the Potters moved on and didn't remember Harry and try to steal him back. I wondered how long it would be till Sev and Claire fell in love. It sounds as if the purifying fire really did get rid of the old Sev and allow a rebirth. Hurray for the good guys!
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 5/1
You know, idiots like Dumbledore and Voldemort probably violate the statute of secrecy far more often than any under aged witch or wizard. They insist on wearing not only wizard robes but, in Dumbledore's case, LOUD and attention-getting wizard clothes.

I would also like to know how many people Dumbo has obliviated over the years. How often has he obliviared and planted false memories in his teaching staff ... and Poppy? I would really like to know that one. Has he also done such things to Ministry officials? And how often has he resorted to Obliviation and planting false memories in heads if houses or orphans to gain things like Wizengamot proxies, access to others' vaults, or family Grimoires that are not his?

I hope the Swiss DMLE and maybe the ICW give him a little overdue justice.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 5/1
"Lily and I have both talked about this and something isn't sitting right about it with us, either. It's as though there's something very important that we've both forgotten about but we can't work out what it could be." Yes, I wonder what it could be.

"Although he still held most of his prestigious positions, the damage his reputation had suffered was therefore enough to make him desperate to gain access to and control over Rennard Prince, as he would happily give up his one remaining proxy in order to regain that of the House of Prince." Oh, dear ... That does not sound good at all. I hope Sev stays out of Britain.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 5/1
I'm glad you're giving Andromeda Tonks an important role. Based on Sirius's comments and the little we see of her in DH, she seems like an interesting but grossly underused character. Her intelligence and wit make her a nice foil to Dumbledore. I love anyone who can put the whispered old manipulator in his place. I often wondered why she was not a choice for Harry's guardian, as she seems like a natural friend for Lily.
missgsmith51 chapter 2 . 5/1
I'm curious about Dumbledore obliviating Flitwick. I would have thought his Goblin heritage would make that impossible. Surely Goblins cannot be obliviated; if they could, it would place all of Gringotts in danger. After all, who would entrust their fortunes to beings who could be swindled or cheated and then obliviated of the experience? JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 1 . 5/1
It seems extremely odd that Lily would just forget her child existed. Has Dumbledore put some kind of spell on her to make her forget him? Or perhaps he has done something to Harry to make people forget that he ever existed?

Something about Remus makes me suspicious that he might know something.
Shetan20 chapter 8 . 4/26
Thankyou for a marvellous story
mageofmyth chapter 8 . 3/29
Great story. I was happy that Harry found a family and that Dumbledore got what he deserved. Although I would have like for Dumbledore to fall early enough for Charlie not to die.

I would have also liked to know why no one remembered Harry, although by not saying how it probably made the story better. I wondered if Dumbledore did it, so he would have an back-up boy-who-lived.
magicanimegurl chapter 8 . 3/17
This was beyond perfection in my opinion. It preceded my expectations. I applaud the focus on family between Harry and Severus. I loved reading this. Write on!
azulkan2 chapter 8 . 3/7
Great story. Father/son Sevrus/Harry stories have become my favorites.