Reviews for Fireflies in the Grass
Nikevi chapter 1 . 9/2/2012
OH... OH MY.
I think i died
Beyond Doubt chapter 1 . 8/7/2012
This has to be one of the most unique and hilarious RuroKen stories I've read in a long time!

I loved the idea of the horse being Hiko Seijuro the 12th's reincarnation. Who knew, eh?

I couldn't help but notice you alerted my story 'What Lies Beneath', so, as a usual routine, I had to see your profile and read any stories you had possibly posted on your account. And low-and-behold I saw the summary for this story and eagerly clicked to read!

May I say that you did not leave me disappointed!

Keep up the great work!

If you excuse me, I believe that I have more of your stories to check out now :)

Beyond Doubt
Lellow chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
Lol... This is hilarious... when does Kenshin ride a horse?
Terra3 chapter 1 . 8/15/2010
Everyone else has mentioned how funny the horse is in this and someone else has already mentioned the error that I noticed (that Kenshin hadn't learn the technique yet). These are both true for me as well but I won't repeat them.

So I will mention that it was Kenshin that cracked me up in this. I don't know why but the line "Horse, I require your services" was so, so Kenshin (especially dubbed Kenshin who errs dangerously close to "hammy" in his delivery) that it turned hysterical. I mean, how the hell did he get that horse to come with him? This is how. By using one of the other secret techniques of Hiten Mitsurugi style: asking for something so melodramatically that the victim is forced to obey. (The other secret technique using the dreaded Doe Eye technique). My only criticism is that I find it odd that Kenshin would threaten to beat up a (as far as he knows) defenseless horse.
Silver Shadowbreeze chapter 1 . 1/13/2010
How amusing. What a unique point of view! The twelfth master reincarnated into a horse? That's too awesome! This has got to be the most original fanfic I've seen in the whole RK archive!

Shadow
RedWingedAngel002 chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Lmfao. That was epic. XD I actually forgot about that episode. Lawls.

ari chan
fic reader chapter 1 . 12/11/2008
Wow! What a hoot! Loved it! The 12th master reincarnated in a horse, as sassy and egotistical, as he must have been as a human. Brilliant!
GEVFUAN chapter 1 . 1/23/2008
What fun! There should be more horse-centric stories in the Kenshin-verse.
Ridicully L chapter 1 . 7/1/2007
My, that's a long-lived horse indeed... didn't know HMR extends the horse lifespan as well...
Wah-Keetcha chapter 1 . 6/15/2007
well I liked the idea of the horse being the reincarnation of 13th Hiko... I'm a horse person so the comment about 'he think I'll extert myself?' was really good. Liked it.

W-K
Aster Arsenal chapter 1 . 9/16/2006
I didnt know I was supposed to take the warning seriously! I was drinking Sprite. T.T
Aurorawhisperwind chapter 1 . 8/26/2006
Hiten mitsurugi horse strength, lol. That was so amazing! _ Demo, this line- “He never had another pupil-this kid was the only one stupid enough to stick with the guy, even coming back at one point for more abuse just to learn the ultimate succession technique” As it was only episode 22, Kenshin hadn’t gone to Hiko-sensei to learn the succession technique yet, ne?
Elena chapter 1 . 8/9/2006
HAHAHHA! loved it! You know what? i thought of the same thing when i watched episode, where in the world did that horse come from? give me a break!
elocin chapter 1 . 4/20/2006
lol point of view od the hore is hilarious!
Heather Logan chapter 1 . 3/4/2006
I can't believe I never reviewed this story, seeing as it was one of the first I ever read. This is hilarious! I loved the horse's first impression: "A pint-sized, red-headed girl with a sword and really intimidating eyes?" Poor Kenshin... Still, he got the best line of all: "Horse, I require your services."

It's intriguing to compare the tone of this to, say, "Descent into Madness". :-)
46 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »