Reviews for To Protect That Which is Most Precious
RejaNuha chapter 17 . 7/7
This was truly a joy to read. But now I need to eat a rueben sandwich because I've seen the word so much.
RejaNuha chapter 9 . 7/7
OMG I'm so glad I stumbled upon this fic. I stayed up way way late trying to finish it but only got this far. It's one of the best I've ever read and I read a lot of fanfiction. I'm a huge hgss fan. Got to go read more :)
Jane Fan chapter 17 . 5/10
I really enjoy this story. Thank you very much for sharing it.
Ginger.kingston chapter 17 . 2/3
LOVE THIS SO MUCH UR AMAZING
Melody Lepetit chapter 17 . 1/7
Thank you for sharing your story with the world. I read this because it was listed as a Hermione/Severus fic. It say in my to-read lost for a long time since I'm always a bit skeptical about stories where Hermione's name is changed. You explained it all wonderfully and I was fully enjoying your story until the last few chapters when the relationship between Severus and Hermione started out of the blue, basically her daughter's mentor came to Canada to buy a rare book, took her out on a date and suddenly its "I love you" being exchanged and he's moving to Canada and they're married with another child. There was no lead up or build up it really felt like you threw them together because you wanted Aimée to finally have a father.

Also don't get me started on the unrealisticness of Aimée creating a potion in her first year after so little schooling, and gaining her Mastery at age 15. You had a very likeable OC but by the end she felt very much like a Mary-Sue.

Sorry to review the whole story at the end instead of chapter by chapter but I feel review's of a whole work are how books get reviewed and that's how I do fanfiction reviews too.
Victorie96 chapter 17 . 1/3
I really love this fic, and I couldn't have asked for a better Sev/Hermione fic to read. It had everything I look for in a fic with this pairing. As I surely don't read marriage fic's with them, as I think that just idiotic. But, I really love this concept you have written this story. I can clearly see for me Hermione doing this to protect her daughter from her father. I never liked Ron and Hermione together in the books and the films, so, that's something understood. They are nothing alike. However, Severus and Hermione have so many things in common that it would have been a crime not to explore this pairing.
Sarah chapter 17 . 12/28/2017
Amazing story! *showers you in compliment confetti* i got nervous when I saw how many chapters there were left, but I really enjoyed how you wrapped it all up, including Ron’s illness ))
excessivelyperky chapter 17 . 12/26/2017
Yes, Ron needed to get his rear into St. Mungo's or get it thrown in to Azkaban. As for violence and Weasleys, let's talk; both twins nearly murdered Montague and did give him permanent brain damage. Ginny deliberately ran into people on her broom and ragged on Harry for not finishing Draco off after the Sectumsepra incident. So it's not just Ron in that family-but in canon, it's always ok Because Gryffindor.

Lovely ending, though, and glad that Snape isn't a slave of Hogwarts any more-and has a wizard's lifespan so he has the time to live the way he wants to, and time enough to love Hermione the way she should be loved.
excessivelyperky chapter 16 . 12/25/2017
Of course Pansy couldn't win with charges of rape, even with Veritaserum or a Pensieve-Ron's a Gryffindor war her, and she's a skanky Slytherin. But that's how the Wizarding World works-at least in Britain, or why Nonie doesn't live there.

I am glad that things are working out, and that Severus is definitely moving to Canada-Pansy is likely to find someone there as well, and not have to depend on Weasley charity any more.

I am also happy that Percy seems to be far more decent than his younger brother.

Good chapter!
excessivelyperky chapter 15 . 12/25/2017
Yup, Harry has just used up all his chances, and Albus isn't around any more to bail him out. Bye, Harry. At least Ginny is understanding, and Molly much better than I expected.

I do hope the Minerva remembers nature vs. nurture the next time she thinks, 'well, Slytherins are Just Like That, no redemption biscuit for them!'.

Glad the Weasley family bits went better than I thought they would.
excessivelyperky chapter 14 . 12/14/2017
Ah, so Snape is willing to leave Hogwarts; good thing that Hermione asked! Yes, there are lots more opportunities in Canada, and that's not even looking at the herbal remedy market in the US East Coast.

But yes, those two definitely belong together.
excessivelyperky chapter 13 . 12/10/2017
Very good chapter, and yes, Hermione is well out of Britain. What a pity that Severus can't follow her; one hopes he's not been institutionalized and simply settling for Hogwarts, given the war and all that. Aimee is well away from her charming father, however, and weasels like Harry who want things both ways.
excessivelyperky chapter 12 . 12/5/2017
Yes, given the inability of anyone to guarantee Aimee's safety-clearly Harry can't be bothered, while Minerva and Severus can't be everywhere all the time-it's best to go back to Canada.

I foresee Reuben ending up in Azkaban eventually, or perhaps the moment he turns legal age and Harry can no longer shield him from the consequences.

It was nice to hear Hermione blast Dumbledore for his malign neglect, though Minerva deserves some of it too, since she was Albus' handpuppet for much of the time.
excessivelyperky chapter 11 . 12/3/2017
Very good chapter, glad that Minerva isn't being hypnotized by Portrait! Albus. Harry is being a pest, as usual, but at least he saw some sense in being sent away.

And Aimee is better, yay, hope the burns heal properly.
excessivelyperky chapter 10 . 11/25/2017
I see that Snape, Professor Sprout and Madam Pomfrey are the only non-Gryffindors on the staff. But of course that could never be a problem for the other Houses besides Gryffindor, right? One can only hope that Flitwick is still there, and hope he won't be replaced by a Gryffindor as well.

That being said, Reuben Weasley is in for a world of hurt, and his Uncle George is quite likely to be the one to offer any little instruction that Reuben might need for misusing George's products.