Reviews for As I Recall
tallsunshine12 chapter 6 . 12/22/2020
Delightful ending to a really good story. The line near the end about Tully being a son, a brother, a soldier, a friend was a true description.
tallsunshine12 chapter 5 . 12/15/2020
Great story! Wish there was more. My favorite phrase was, "... his determination and confidence comes back fully, etched in every line of his face." That's the Tully we know!
tallsunshine12 chapter 1 . 12/15/2020
The guys are undying in their devotion to one another. The best two lines for me are how Tully's smile was wide and carefree, and then the world 'exploded' in orange and scarlet. Really hard-hitting! Thanks for sharing!
tullyfan chapter 6 . 9/29/2016
this is definitely one of those stories that I'll want to read over and over again. I have several of those that I hold dear. Some of the authors are no longer writing but I hope will start again (ahem!) I've been holding off on reading the last chapter, knowing this wonderful story was going to have to end. I liked at the beginning of the chapter, that Tully is smiling while driving the jeep. He doesn't need any more lessons from Moffitt. He realized he was "back" although the others didn't really know that yet. There are several instances of Moffitt feeling very protective of Tully (a theme in a lot of current fan fiction which I really like.) For once, quiet , reticent, mysterious Tully wants to shout out loud he knows who he is, what happened to him, where he has been, where he is going and he wants to tell everyone all about it. No wonder Troy keeps looking at him like he's a lunatic. Yet Tully still flinches every time the jeep hits a bump, but he wants to laugh out loud (have we ever seen that happen? when he sees the concerned expressions of the other 3 guys. Tully (and later Moffitt) think that divine intervention has caused the jaws of his friends drop in unison. What a great tv episode(s) this story would have made. I LOVED THIS STORY and I'll be rereading it soon to see what I missed the first time through. Can't you come up with another story for us RP fans to help us deal with our addiction?
tullyfan chapter 5 . 9/27/2016
SUPER GREAT CHAPTER. obviously tully- oriented scenes/dialogues. Troy finally expresses his support for Tully. I loved the scene when tully announces that he remembers his middle name, Moffitt laughs asking tully if that's all he remembers after spending how much time trying to jog tully's memory about driving a jeep." Tully beams and in his southern drawal, "Guilty as charged Doc". Tully then starts to remember little tidbits of his background. I loved all this story He can speak a word of German. The interchange between moffitt and tully returns to its old ways - friendly, spirited, sharp and funny. I LOVED THIS CHAPTER! AND CAN HARDLY WAIT TO READ THE LAST CHAPTER TOMORROW.
churchlady63 chapter 6 . 9/26/2016
Ready and waiting for the next stories! Don't stop and please don't make us wait too long. Just a suggestion, would you consider looking into some Combat! fanfic? A lot of us RP folks are Combat! fans as well. Thanks for writing.
churchlady63 chapter 4 . 9/26/2016
Loved this chapter. Poor Hitch, getting ripped up because he's so concerned.
tullyfan chapter 4 . 9/25/2016
again the last line summarizes the story at this point. One by one - little things are coming back which is encouraging to the 3 but not too much to tully who still feels like he is in world all his own, the comments on green tea and playing chess are really encouraging to everyone except tully who is still grappling with what exactly is happening to him, especially emotionally. Tully still doesn't like crutches - I smiled at that comment; in fact I'm smiling more and more at parts of the storyline although I ache when he thinks is a "pathetic amnesiac. "Let's shake it" also "rings a bell. It must have been agonizing to have people constantly watching you and listen to everything you say with such intensity and then realize that most of the time, you are constantly disappointing your "friends" who have put so much time and effort trying to help you. I'm going to heroically leave the other chapters for tomorrow night.
tullyfan chapter 3 . 9/25/2016
the last line is one of hope because if this had been a TV episode, we'd all know that somehow before the end of the 1/2 hour, tully would magically remember everything and the 2 jeeps would ride into the sunset and everything would be OK ; But fan fiction allows a much expanded script and a more in depth story and a more realistic situation. Poor guy - sleeping was his only escape from reality - troy silently starring at him; hitch and moffitt endlessly tell him little bits of information about his background ; his doctors come in to "observe" him and Tully just wants them to shut up and go away, Here however is a bit of tully's sense of independence - he Is a free spirit, trying to do the best he can in a bad situation. Then a slight hope appears, Tully on his own calls Troy "Sarge". Even Tully senses something there. Of course Tully finds out more about himself than he really wants to know. The other 3 guys feel their quarters feel oddly different without him but they all vow not to give up on him which is reassuring for the readers.
tullyfan chapter 2 . 9/25/2016
Tully knows things are not normal and that he is not normal. Poor guy - that is the major/fascinating revelation of this chapter, so the plot has obviously thickened. I hesitate to laugh or even smile at this situation. Hitch is bothered that Tully doesn't seem to remember him or even know his name, let alone his own surname. Troy wants tully to go back to the desert which might jog his memory. Moffitt fears if the is done tully might endanger them all - does he know how to drive a jeep, or use a gun? After all Tully thinks it is 1776 or even worse yet is guessing and has no real clue what year it is. And all 3 are amazed that Tully is quiet (no big surprise there!)
, mild mannered, obedient polite,...not at all like the the intrepid Kentucky moonshiner that he really is; he even calls troy "sir! Poor Moffitt is trying not to punch the wall. I have to go on and read the next chapter even though I was going to ration the chapters to one a night.
tullyfan chapter 1 . 9/24/2016
the cupboard is bare of new stories tonight so I'm going thru the earlier stories. As my user name indicates, Tully is my favorite guy - why I have no idea, he never got to say much in the TV series and there were only a few suggestions as to his background. But of the 4, he is by far the most "cool" - matchsticks, rings, accent, mysterious demeanor. This looks like it's going to be a great story; I'll save the other chapters for the rest of the week; I always do that when I have a multi-chapter story I really like. How almost tragically, Tully wants to go someplace quiet, after the war. .Even though Troy is obviously badly injured also, "I'm fine" - it's like a mantra (sp?) among the 4. I've always liked the inter-relationship developed largely in fan fiction between moffitt and tully, the TV series didn't deal with inter- relationships among the guys; and it doesn't seem like troy and tully had much of an inter relationship at all on the tv series either. I like the phrase "like a bullet in a metal box" and tully describing Troy as the guy with the cowboy hat! The this chapter certainly sets the stage for the rest of the story, Thanks for giving me a great story to start tonight
Kirby's Cowgirl chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
This is a great story! Thanks for a very enjoyable read!
enosgalpal chapter 6 . 8/27/2014
This was a great story. But then, anything about Tully is good LOL. Glad to hear you're writing more, can't wait to read them. God bless.
tanda.mif chapter 6 . 8/26/2014
It very well! I not very like plots with amnesia, but I very love Tully and I very am glad, that made off all be well!

Ouch! I always forget that in this case it is necessary to write I do not "love", and "liked". There is gradation more exact in Ukrainian, but in Russian "love" can designate "very liked".
9878489263478 chapter 6 . 8/26/2014
*loud screams of delight* Oh my gosh, I actually squealed aloud when I read the dedication. That is the sweetest thing ever; thank you. :D AND I AM SO HAPPY FOR TULLY. I love that line "ever little thing matters. It makes us whole." And the line about who he is - "a son, a brother, a soldier, a friend" - was...both wonderful and sad; I started tearing up. Awesome ending to an epic story! And I'm looking forward to reading more Rat Patrol fics from you! Especially the crossover; Hogan's Heroes Rat Patrol AWESOME. :)