Reviews for Scars
Iwatchthewatchers chapter 13 . 2/26
Ok love the story especially the interactions between House and Wilson and Cuddy, but this is so not how hospitals deal with child abuse! Cameron admitted to House, that means that House has an obligation to report it whether he wants to or not. It isn't Cameron's decision either, once he said something he doesn't get to choose if he wants help, the hospital would just turn him over to child services...whatever that was the only thing that I didn't like about the story though it was fluffy, sad, intense in all the right spots. Amazing job :)
AreKay RK chapter 13 . 2/10
I apparently started reading this story last summer but then my computer began giving me fits and it took a while to get it fixed. I lost track of the story but just found it a couple of days ago and read it through beginning to end.
Not sure I can give you any "pointers" as (1) I could never have written a story like this, and definitely not as a teenager and (2) I don't "dissect" writing; I just read and either I like it or I don't . This one I really like. You are very talented. In spite of your very busy schedule, I hope you'll continue writing, especially HOUSE fan fiction. Since the show has ended, I'm using fan fiction as a deterrent to detoxing. LOL
I do have a couple of "suggestions", however;
Sorry about your English teacher; you don't like her and she's not doing her job. (ie. Chapter 10 "because you're stubborn and upset with Wilson and I" - should be "Wilson and me") I hope you will like your next English teacher and that s/he will not only teach you but encourage you. Please don't take this as criticism; it's my pet peeve and to me it's like nails dragged on a chalkboard...but that's my "problem", not yours. However, bottom line, a writer needs to know correct grammar.
Secondly, although I know it's none of my business but please be careful about what and how much personal information you share with your readers. I'm sure you know that there are internet predators and you need to be vigilant and protect yourself at all times. Okay, end of "lecture".
Finally, looking forward to your next HOUSE fan fiction!
HOUSEocdfan chapter 13 . 1/10
Nice short story, it had everything we needed. We all know he has a heart really :)
Fanhouse07 chapter 13 . 1/5
Hi! Just passing by to tell you I love your story. Can't say I'm a little disppointed that House left the choice to Cameron in the end. I mean from my point of view a 5 years old kid can't decide something so important, plus I'm pretty sure he will regret it later. On the other hand, Cameron is smart, just like House was I think that's how House would have wanted to be treated as a kid, so I understand his choice.
What to say?
I liked how you treated House's past, how being left outside in the cold triggered flashbacks and how he and Wilson reacted to them. Except the telling Cuddy part. But I'm not blaming you on that one, that's totally what Wilson would do, I think he was very in character on that one. I also love how you made Cuddy, she was more in characer in your fic than in the last seasons of the show! The "don't fuck with me" caring woman that we all miss
Did I mention that I love Cameron? His backstory was very sad, I can't imagine being his teacher at that moment, it's really sad that she was'nt able to convince him that his mother loved him.
harpomarx chapter 2 . 1/4
Nice start... keep going.
KiwiClare chapter 13 . 1/2
Nice!
Betz88 chapter 12 . 12/3/2014
Hi there ...
I have not read other reviews of your story because I did not want to. I didn't want to be influenced by what anyone else says.
First of all, you have the makings of a fine writer. At the age of 13-14 I was nowhere as advanced as you are now.
What you need is a really good dose of self confidence: (readers are not usually interested in a writer's everyday life. If you are delayed for some reason in posting a chapter; if the story is good enough, readers won't care. And yours is! They will find you.) and a lot-lot-lot of patience. Especially the "patience" part.
Sometimes you repeat the same words too much in the same sentence. You should think about ways to describe House and Wilson with words other than "blue-eyed" and "brown-eyed". Keep a Thesaurus at your elbow. These things are a godsend by way of inspiration. Your plotline, to my thinking, is a very good one, and the fact that you did major research on it is obvious.
Learn to go back again and again in your story and read what you have written before. Compare it with the things you have written most recently to keep it from becoming redundant. You have a marvelous grasp on both House and Wilson, which I really love.
Best of all ... KEEP WRITING. Sometimes it is tedious and sometimes you will write yourself into a corner ... but all of that will also sharpen your skills.
Finally, I like your work. You are good. Not exemplary, but GOOD. You can become exemplary ... and that's another reason why patience is important.
And best of all ... I look forward eagerly to the conclusion to this story. And then I will anticipate the next one ... and the one after that.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/9/2014
I really can't believe that you're only 13 ! You writing is so good! I'm concerned, thow...Do you write about abuse because you have experience with it ?
liz.onia chapter 12 . 9/25/2014
Great story so far. Have fun at homecoming!
red2013 chapter 12 . 9/11/2014
Good chapter to read.
CacauHousemaniaca chapter 12 . 9/11/2014
Oh nice
Loved story
Flatpickluvr chapter 11 . 9/8/2014
It's very good. I think you're doing a great job keeping them all in character. Hope you get a chance to update this soon.
Flatpickluvr chapter 6 . 9/8/2014
I like it!
Flatpickluvr chapter 4 . 9/8/2014
I really like this! You did a great job!
CSIflea chapter 11 . 8/26/2014
Interesting story u got here. Keep going, I wanna see where this goes..pls update soon.