Reviews for Friends in Need
BurgundyHope chapter 1 . 7/23/2014
The 11th Doctor, River Song, and Sarah Jane Smith all in one story-absolutely brilliant! I loved it :) I adore Sarah Jane, and I love seeing her get to interact with the more recent incarnations of the Doctor. And for River and her to be able to meet, it's very special.

Fantastic work!
Guest chapter 1 . 7/18/2014
This was lovely!
Guest chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
This brilliant. What else would the Doctor do but blow up the kitchen. Totally love "you know she likes me better than you... so true...
JaneScarlett chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Oh, Doctor. Destroying the TARDIS kitchen twice… I don’t think he can really blame the eggs both times.

I absolutely love that Sarah’s first thought wasn’t ‘why?’ but ‘of course I’ll help.’ That’s friendship. Also: I really like how you portrayed how well she still knows him. Especially when he tells her about Rose and the metacrisis Doctor and she knows that it still makes him sad. (Yet another sign of true friendship.) And it’s really sweet that when he needed help, it was Sarah he thought of immediately. (And not the Brigadier… although that image made me giggle as well.)

Oh! And the lines: ‘It was so strange to see the Doctor being bashful. It wasn't really his thing. But it was totally adorable. She couldn't wait to meet the woman who pulled that out of him…It was so strange, yet strangely wonderful to see the Doctor acting like an unsure, lovesick boy.’

Yes, those lines rather neatly sum up the adorableness of the Doctor when faced with River Song.

And the description of River in her rainbow silk caftan, tousled curls and laser blaster? Priceless.

I wish we could have had interaction with Sarah and River in the show; although I suppose it doesn’t matter, because I’m always going to picture their first meeting exactly like this story. You wrote such a wonderful camaraderie between them, and their quiet acknowledgement of how much they both care about the Doctor, and appreciate each other for their roles in his life. This is such a beautiful story, and thank you!
bunnygirl64 chapter 1 . 6/14/2014
I think this one is my favorite.
dar40mn chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
This is an awesome reason/ way for River to meet Sarah Jane.
The Wild Wild Whovian chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
Ah, I had to pull out the handkerchief! That was so sweet!

Destroyed the TARDIS kitchen twice though... Yep, sounds about right.
Hpdwlotr24 chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
This is such a lovely idea, and it was great to see river and Sarah Jane meet :)
Queen of the Beasties chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
This is PERFECT! I love Sarah Jane's reaction to the Doctor being married.
Darryll chapter 1 . 6/13/2014
That was cute!
hopelessromanticauthor chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
So cute oh my goodness :3
MayFairy chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
This was one of the cutest things ever I don't even have word for all the fluffy feelings I got from this. How I wish we could have seen something like this happen!