Reviews for 02-Kawaii
Perrin Finly chapter 1 . 7/9/2015
This was hilariously awesome!
FullMentalPanic chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
I think where I was most unsettled about Non-Yukari was in the beginning when you're not quite sure what's going on. As she gets progressively more ridiculous it becomes much more enjoyable humorous. Bad boy romance! Traumatizing guilt induced actions before death! Random outrage! Inexplicable mumbling! It satirized almost all the problems I have with lame love stories. I chuckled over how Non-Yukari get aggravated whenever Ryo doesn't go along with her portrayal of the girly-girly-romance heroine. Seriously appreciated all those nods to the series about her presidency and Narazaki's role as Animal Black and Aya's befuddled personality when not on a job. I about died over the title of of the show Ryo's been dubbing for. And it's really not that far-fetched.
Aviantei chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Well, I know zero about this series other than what you've written, so all apologies.

I do like the commentary that you've set up here, though. Your extra note at just how natural they are together made the setup even more evident, plus heightens the hilarity a little.

At first with the "it's just a dream" reveal, I'll admit that I cringed more than a bit, simply because of the cliche involved. However, since the scenario you written doesn't seem viable unless it's in a dream, it works, especially with the frame scene at the end, so in the end, I really don't care too much. Besides, the whole point of this thing was meant to be "contrived" anyways, and cliches are a part of that.

Writing Yukari insanely out of character seems like it was quite the challenge for you. While I can't give commentary due to my lack of series knowledge, I can say you did succeed in making her act trope-ridden ridiculous, so kudos on that.

Ha, a Vampire Knight commentary would have been interesting. Maybe something to think about for the future...

Overall, good job, and good luck with the next prompt!
Amulet Misty chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Hehe, nice way to do a prompt! Turning an uncontrived couple into a contrived couple to show how well they actually go together /because/ they're not forced. You execute it really well through the contrasts of the first part and the last section.

I read loads of shojo manga, admittedly, so I know exactly what contrived romances look like. I think you may have convinced me to go and read this one x3

Looking forward to number three!
Hyoxjnn chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Lolwut. 'Kawaii/Kowai'.
Being half-Japanese, I award you a pass. With fries.
... More like 'YUKA-TAN', amirite? (Persona 3...? No...?
... Okay:')

I have no idea what... 'Penguin Revolution'(? Yes, I read it correctly XD) is, but this was immensely funny to read, I loved the over all ,"What even happening," feel of it; watching Yukari switch between being a cloudcuckoolander and being somewhat of a tsundere X3

"You're an idiot!"
A few seconds later,
"Oh, NOOO. I'm ded, halp; kiss plz."

I can't really fault you on anything in this, I just wish you luck for your Tea Party/Dreamz
c:

Won't you please call me...
*Blush*
'Ekkusu-tan'?
X'D

SoMuchLawlz,
-X
Airhead259 chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
I don't know anything about Penguin Revolution, but I like that you chose a challenging pairing for this theme. If their romance does not generally need to be forced, it must have been difficult to create a scenario in which it needed to SEEM forced, and I commend you for that. The cliches you used in the dream sequence were hilarious, and I found it very amusing to read. Some parts were confusing, but I'm pretty sure that was due to my unfamiliarity with the source material.

The double-meaning within the title was also appropriate - the dream may have started out cute, but Yukari's personality within it slowly became creepier as she began to act more and more strangely (as far as I could tell, anyway)

A great fic for Week 2 - I look forward to the next one!
Chronic Guardian chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Oh, Fahiru. I love how both of us went hard core contrived and then totally bailed from it in the end! All of dream Yukari's antics are so sickeningly perfect in their portrayal of angsty trash, but it all makes sense when you find out what Ryo's been doing at work lately.

The few lines of real Yukari are both significant and well done. They show the real Yukari, a real, normal, loveable person with dreams and thoughts and (best of all) a self awareness that prevents her from being as cringe worthy as her dream counterpart.

Also, having scruffy Aya Narazaki kidnap Yukari was priceless.

Looking forward to next week!
-CG
SoSaysL chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
You bring up an interesting point with this story - the personality of the heroine we often find entangled in love polygons. We might see her agonizing about her interactions with her potential soul mates, or otherwise being too obvious about the melodrama we readers/viewers are supposed to feel. Usually this is a subtle phenomenon, but here the entire thing is taken to the extreme so it tips the balance from 'Uh, what's happening' into 'Fiasco.'

Yukari's over-reaction to the very slight injury got a laugh out of me. All of it is very silly indeed, and I can certainly understand Ryo's confusion/worry. Nice twist when the insanity turns out to have spread further than just Yukari's antics. And finally, I am very glad for the final scene when we can see that yes, indeed, everything is normal. Lovely story, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it :)