Reviews for The Reluctant Scholar
ThurinRanger chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Aragorn is such a good father, .
His fit of coughing made me go into a fit of coughing, lol
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 1 . 8/2/2014
Aww Aragorn is a great father.

Drollittle chapter 1 . 7/31/2014
No cakes or toy dragons? I'm glad Eldarion wouldn't let such injustices happen.
Deandra chapter 1 . 7/21/2014
Well, it's a start! But now how will Aragorn persuade him that he needs to know more than how to sign his name? Don't under-estimate a child's ability to find a loophole!

- Deandra
Virtuella chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Very cute! But it had me sitting on the edge of my seat, going, "Don't give him ink and parchment! Give him a sand tray to write in with his fingers or something like that." Sadly, they didn't have glitter pens back then. ;-)
Guest chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Very sweet and how cunning of Aragorn! Although they might have had Eldarion learn writing with a tray filled with sand first rather than parchment...even if he is a prince just a thought.
Darkover chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
Dear Linda: This was sweet without being cloying, and while the examples Aragorn offered to his son were rather tongue-in-cheek, he is absolutely right about the importance of literacy. But amusing examples or not, it was wise of Aragorn to offer as examples things that his young son cared about. Once again, with your excellent portrayal of characterization and by your fine writing of dialogue, you have demonstrated how wise and effective Aragorn is as king and as a father, in ways both large and small. Thank you for writing and posting this enjoyable tale. Sincerely, Darkover
nyx thranduillon chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
This made me smile so much! A very sweet, touching story. Thanks for sharing it. :)
Sincorah chapter 1 . 6/15/2014

I have enjoyed your stories since I first found "Burden of Guilt", and I have been hooked every since! I just want to say how glad I am that you chose to share your incredible writing talents. This story was so sweet, and I can so easily picture Aragorn doing something like this to try to get Eldarion to study! Thank you for another masterpiece!
JuliaAurelia chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
So cute! Eldarion is darling, and you know I love stories about my favorite little family.

Query. Near the end, you have Eldarion "lowly" picking up his quill. Did you mean "slowly" or is "lowly" a Britishism? Just wondering!