Reviews for Early Discovery
... is that a 'Gas Giant Cruiser' event from stellaris?
KorentinBlack chapter 2 . 4/3
My only real thought in this section is that it's a tad parochial - there are going to be a lot of different reactions on Earth from a lot of different folks and it might be a nice perspective shift to have a saucer cultist feeling justifiably smug, a Taoist commenting upon the moment or a reasonably sensible atheist explaining the actual logic behind 'aliens, therefore your book is, at the very least powerfully incomplete'. Maybe because I loved that scene in Babylon 5 where everyone got to showcase their cultures religion and the human offering was to fill a cargo bay with dozens of priests, shamans and philosophers.
bla chapter 2 . 2/7/2019
mhh this felt like i read about the darkest of black magics : RELIGION!

in case it's not clear i think that the root of all evil is religion
Goodpie2 chapter 15 . 10/17/2018
Ugh. How dull. I’m gonna be honest, once you started basically dramatizing the canonical events of the first contact war- with minor changes- I started to lose interest. Adding in Harper and Cerberus compounded that. Blegh. I’m not here for a novelization of the bloody games, after all.
Pteaset chapter 8 . 5/25/2018
Whatever you posted the new chapter for the follow up to this story after I got done with that I thought what the hell I’ll read everything again
Revliledpembroke chapter 26 . 4/7/2018
Graals are Krogan weapons, not Batarians. The Krogan specifically designed them "in case you get eaten by thresher maws."
Revliledpembroke chapter 22 . 4/7/2018
You talk about Sergeant Shep, but you also mention "the officer" being a legend for his skill with a pistol. If you are still talking about Shep here (it seems to be so, but I could be reading it wrong), that is wrong. These two things are mutually exclusive. Sergeants cannot go to the Officer's Club, and they are the first to remind you that they work for a living.
Revliledpembroke chapter 20 . 4/7/2018
Yeah, I enjoyed a lot of Mizdirected's stories... then the "Shep Saves Nihlus" one turned into "Turian Threesome" and "Do Reapers Have Souls?," that "Council Races Swap Histories" one turned into "Banging Krogan, Turians, I'm Not Picky, Really," and she hasn't updated "Wrex, Shep, and Jack Harper Change ME History" in a bit.
Revliledpembroke chapter 18 . 4/7/2018
More than just the Batarians have 5 fingers. Drell have five as well.
Revliledpembroke chapter 16 . 4/7/2018
Never find a turtle in my soup? What if I'm dining ON turtle soup?
Revliledpembroke chapter 14 . 4/7/2018
Ahem... prequel. You've been using prequal.
Revliledpembroke chapter 13 . 4/7/2018
Yeah. Uh... there was some author who decided that Turians didn't have tanks or APCs or other bits typically associated with the modern, mobile military. They did have them during the Krogan Rebellions, but they had been retired. I think he based that on centuries of being on pirate/slaver duty meant that they had no real use for the armored vehicles that fire support from a ship couldn't kill. Also, there was something about not seeing any on Menae, during the fight for their existence.
Revliledpembroke chapter 11 . 4/7/2018
It'll be interesting to see what happens once carriers are brought into galactic warfare. Humanity was the first to invent them, after all. Probably because the Turians didn't really do oceanic warfare (they can't swim). The Krogan probably nuked their oceans. The Asari and Salarians do have oceans, but favor commando units or cloak-and-dagger warfare. The Hanar would have all submarines, the Elcor probably didn't have any flight for a long time, given their heavier gravity. The Volus think in economic warfare, the Quarians lived on an arid and HOT world (relatively few oceans and the surface temperature is about hot as Death Valley, Arizona, and the Middle East), and the Vorcha are too stupid.

That leaves the Drell, and the Batarians. The Drell might have had carriers (they have a goddess of oceans, after all), but their homeworld went to shit. Only those who made it to Kahje were in any position to become fighters, and they just joined the Hanar's already existing forces. As for the Batarians... well, perhaps the idea of carriers never occurred to them? They had a focus on brute strength, and dreadnoughts, battleships, and the like fit that model. Killing things with a "nuisance" like a plane could have just not fit their outlook.
Revliledpembroke chapter 9 . 4/7/2018
Which should Shepard save? Both

There's no need to put a nuke in the exact center of a facility. The first nukes humanity created were city busters. I imagine the salarians' improvised nuke from their drive core should be able to take out at least that much as well. Saren's Virmire complex cannot possibly be larger than a city.

But, of course, you have long since written the ME 1 arc, haven't you? So this matters little. Alas...
Revliledpembroke chapter 5 . 4/7/2018
There was some sort of missed punctuation early on. "Orange tinted screens blinked into readiness He still found it fantastic."

Unknown object 1138? Because there have been 1138 unknown objects or because it's a reference to one of George Lucas's early works?

And of course there are guns in space. Star Trek, the most Utopian science fiction that has probably ever existed, had weapons in space.