Reviews for Early Discovery
itioministralis chapter 6 . 6/10
This is such a rare breed of thought-through and believable fics, good writing. Unfortunately, it also suffers from the popular 'never describe anyone's appearance' syndrome.
itioministralis chapter 2 . 6/10
Will there be a fic that doesn't put so much focus on religion? Religion is a dying ideology. It is what it is. By 2100 there will only be religious fanatics left. Not something that'd happen overnight, but generation after generation. It will be such a minority barely worth mentioning in a science fic story
JollieHotDog chapter 16 . 6/4
Yeah yeah get on it already its already been a month if you only acted that way from the beginning
JollieHotDog chapter 15 . 6/4
When will the system's reinforcement arrive? Or are they forgotten already?
JollieHotDog chapter 14 . 6/4
Is he really an N7?
JollieHotDog chapter 14 . 6/4
Wait? Turians is already attacking their colony and they haven't even evacuated the civilians to the bunkers yet? tf
JollieHotDog chapter 12 . 6/4
Bruh, How stupid this humans can be? Imagine the amount of stupidity it would take to have you reduce your navy's presence on your own system border lol
Norspherato chapter 2 . 3/30
The Ad Hoc Rationale is strong with this one
Guest chapter 5 . 6/26/2020
... is that a 'Gas Giant Cruiser' event from stellaris?
KorentinBlack chapter 2 . 4/3/2020
My only real thought in this section is that it's a tad parochial - there are going to be a lot of different reactions on Earth from a lot of different folks and it might be a nice perspective shift to have a saucer cultist feeling justifiably smug, a Taoist commenting upon the moment or a reasonably sensible atheist explaining the actual logic behind 'aliens, therefore your book is, at the very least powerfully incomplete'. Maybe because I loved that scene in Babylon 5 where everyone got to showcase their cultures religion and the human offering was to fill a cargo bay with dozens of priests, shamans and philosophers.
bla chapter 2 . 2/7/2019
mhh this felt like i read about the darkest of black magics : RELIGION!

in case it's not clear i think that the root of all evil is religion
Goodpie2 chapter 15 . 10/17/2018
Ugh. How dull. I’m gonna be honest, once you started basically dramatizing the canonical events of the first contact war- with minor changes- I started to lose interest. Adding in Harper and Cerberus compounded that. Blegh. I’m not here for a novelization of the bloody games, after all.
Pteaset chapter 8 . 5/25/2018
Whatever you posted the new chapter for the follow up to this story after I got done with that I thought what the hell I’ll read everything again
Revliledpembroke chapter 26 . 4/7/2018
Graals are Krogan weapons, not Batarians. The Krogan specifically designed them "in case you get eaten by thresher maws."
Revliledpembroke chapter 22 . 4/7/2018
You talk about Sergeant Shep, but you also mention "the officer" being a legend for his skill with a pistol. If you are still talking about Shep here (it seems to be so, but I could be reading it wrong), that is wrong. These two things are mutually exclusive. Sergeants cannot go to the Officer's Club, and they are the first to remind you that they work for a living.