Reviews for Early Discovery
bla chapter 2 . 2/7
mhh this felt like i read about the darkest of black magics : RELIGION!

in case it's not clear i think that the root of all evil is religion
Goodpie2 chapter 15 . 10/17/2018
Ugh. How dull. I’m gonna be honest, once you started basically dramatizing the canonical events of the first contact war- with minor changes- I started to lose interest. Adding in Harper and Cerberus compounded that. Blegh. I’m not here for a novelization of the bloody games, after all.
Pteaset chapter 8 . 5/25/2018
Whatever you posted the new chapter for the follow up to this story after I got done with that I thought what the hell I’ll read everything again
Revliledpembroke chapter 26 . 4/7/2018
Graals are Krogan weapons, not Batarians. The Krogan specifically designed them "in case you get eaten by thresher maws."
Revliledpembroke chapter 22 . 4/7/2018
You talk about Sergeant Shep, but you also mention "the officer" being a legend for his skill with a pistol. If you are still talking about Shep here (it seems to be so, but I could be reading it wrong), that is wrong. These two things are mutually exclusive. Sergeants cannot go to the Officer's Club, and they are the first to remind you that they work for a living.
Revliledpembroke chapter 20 . 4/7/2018
Yeah, I enjoyed a lot of Mizdirected's stories... then the "Shep Saves Nihlus" one turned into "Turian Threesome" and "Do Reapers Have Souls?," that "Council Races Swap Histories" one turned into "Banging Krogan, Turians, I'm Not Picky, Really," and she hasn't updated "Wrex, Shep, and Jack Harper Change ME History" in a bit.
Revliledpembroke chapter 18 . 4/7/2018
More than just the Batarians have 5 fingers. Drell have five as well.
Revliledpembroke chapter 16 . 4/7/2018
Never find a turtle in my soup? What if I'm dining ON turtle soup?
Revliledpembroke chapter 14 . 4/7/2018
Ahem... prequel. You've been using prequal.
Revliledpembroke chapter 13 . 4/7/2018
Yeah. Uh... there was some author who decided that Turians didn't have tanks or APCs or other bits typically associated with the modern, mobile military. They did have them during the Krogan Rebellions, but they had been retired. I think he based that on centuries of being on pirate/slaver duty meant that they had no real use for the armored vehicles that fire support from a ship couldn't kill. Also, there was something about not seeing any on Menae, during the fight for their existence.
Revliledpembroke chapter 11 . 4/7/2018
It'll be interesting to see what happens once carriers are brought into galactic warfare. Humanity was the first to invent them, after all. Probably because the Turians didn't really do oceanic warfare (they can't swim). The Krogan probably nuked their oceans. The Asari and Salarians do have oceans, but favor commando units or cloak-and-dagger warfare. The Hanar would have all submarines, the Elcor probably didn't have any flight for a long time, given their heavier gravity. The Volus think in economic warfare, the Quarians lived on an arid and HOT world (relatively few oceans and the surface temperature is about hot as Death Valley, Arizona, and the Middle East), and the Vorcha are too stupid.

That leaves the Drell, and the Batarians. The Drell might have had carriers (they have a goddess of oceans, after all), but their homeworld went to shit. Only those who made it to Kahje were in any position to become fighters, and they just joined the Hanar's already existing forces. As for the Batarians... well, perhaps the idea of carriers never occurred to them? They had a focus on brute strength, and dreadnoughts, battleships, and the like fit that model. Killing things with a "nuisance" like a plane could have just not fit their outlook.
Revliledpembroke chapter 9 . 4/7/2018
Which should Shepard save? Both

There's no need to put a nuke in the exact center of a facility. The first nukes humanity created were city busters. I imagine the salarians' improvised nuke from their drive core should be able to take out at least that much as well. Saren's Virmire complex cannot possibly be larger than a city.

But, of course, you have long since written the ME 1 arc, haven't you? So this matters little. Alas...
Revliledpembroke chapter 5 . 4/7/2018
There was some sort of missed punctuation early on. "Orange tinted screens blinked into readiness He still found it fantastic."

Unknown object 1138? Because there have been 1138 unknown objects or because it's a reference to one of George Lucas's early works?

And of course there are guns in space. Star Trek, the most Utopian science fiction that has probably ever existed, had weapons in space.
Revliledpembroke chapter 2 . 4/7/2018
Heh, look forward to it he says.

Yeah, that was ultimately what I thought would be the answer as well. The Christian God mentions other gods existing, but it could also be easy to see how the other peoples were created by their gods (minus the Hanar, as the Protheans ARE their gods). It could also be that these aliens found a different aspect of the Christian God, one we were not aware of.

I imagine it would be a fun time for those who enjoy philosophical and theological debate.

I think I remember reading somewhere about some Quarian Jews (wandering people, lost their homelands, an eventual promised land, I could see how it could appeal), but that was probably a Fanfic.

Full-Paragon in particular made his "To not be mind-controlled by the Reapers, you have to believe in Jesus or another deity of similar power and influence" story (I think Samara managed to break the mind control just like the Christians did. Thane's pantheon was enough to hold them off, but not break their hold entirely... or something. It's been awhile since I read it).
Guest chapter 7 . 1/6/2018
Either the Humans in your story are retarded or the Salarians are in possession of super powers. How the actual hell did a Salarian, with no actual dedicated hacking tools or an adequete knowledge of Human programming and security systems managed to somehow remotely hack into not just any old database but an isolated, incredibly heavily encrypted MILITARY database. Not only this but he did so completely undetected and then managed to download and otherwise steal the plans for a highly secretive weapon and then escape undetected?! Congratulations on completely destroying my interest in this story with such a stupid plot line