Reviews for Not Slowing Down
sonder this chapter 1 . 8/26
I love it. I love each ending sentence that ripples you on to the next tide. I love the content of each scene and the transformation of Quicksilver's thoughts (such as the things he usually hadn't cared about before is now something he has to - and even then, he still has some things left over to be laidback about). His character's voice was prevalent here - the confidence in his powers and his belief in himself to get out of any tight spaces (such as what the last sentence was implying at the end here).

There is a certain isolation he has from the rest of the world that affords him to keep some of his nonchalance - most days, he seems like he's either at home or in the arcade arena so it's easy for him to look at the news and be more focused on the appearance of the people rather than what lies underneath. Obviously though, he has an idea that what they're saying is affecting him too but then in the next second, he's thinking about how cool it'd be if he got a code name too, hah, how very Quicksilver. If this story had been any angst-ier, I would have almost hated to see how quickly his tone would have changed.
JemDragons chapter 1 . 11/17/2016
That was sweet and sad at the same time.
K.J. Bollinger chapter 1 . 1/30/2016
Really Great!
Relena Duo chapter 1 . 2/24/2015
please write a sequel!
Auua Ytjoml chapter 1 . 8/13/2014
I never did quite get what the backstory on Peter/Pietro is. Is Erik his father in the movie verse? And is that girl Wanda only they're not twins; or is she Polaris in which case where is Wanda? And how does he get to know Logan b/c I don't recall seeing him as a student in any of the other movies...?
I don't know.
Anyways, I really like your setup here. The short vignettes with decently long breaks in between them make the story feel like Pietro's powers; a few slow moments in between bursts of speed so fast you can't see what's there. You do his thought process' good as well, and I like the ending line.
Will you continue?
Kaiseriin chapter 1 . 7/6/2014
That was really touching, and very well-written. So beautiful I wish there was even more, but how you ended it was lovely!
TheAlabasterPhoenyx chapter 1 . 7/5/2014
I love this fic. It's a nice short depiction, in Peter's fast pace, snippets that really show what's going on in his mind. Thank you for writing!
Cori the Freak-of-nature chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This was a really good story, and very well written. No OOC-ness. Glad I clicked on it!
thecatclouder chapter 1 . 6/16/2014
Love Quicksilver. Seriously, it's very interesting reading about him going at insane speeds; it was so interesting watching him in the movies as well. I think his mother knows that he'd had contact with Erik to a certain extent, even if she does not admit it. Great one-shot.
HelloILikeIt chapter 1 . 6/15/2014
Nice and sweet story. You should continue if, though I liked the way you ended the story.

-HelloILikeIt