Reviews for Leo Barning from Above: The Necklace of Wisdom
Chipster-roo chapter 19 . 2/7
This chapter answers nearly all questions that I have been wondering about for a while, and explains several of the obstacles Leo and the others faced.

I feel rather sorry for Bigwig, considering everything he went through and the state he is in when Leo finds him...

I like the way you handled Vervain in this chapter. He acts in-character and, as usual, he ends up cowardly running away in the end.

The battle between Leo and Mulberry is well-written, and you make the magic of the necklace look scary. I have to wonder, though, how Buttercup will react when she learns that her future mate was evil and is now dead.

The final battle between Fiver and Darklunn is quite dramatic, especially since Leo has trouble figuring out what's happening. I assume Fiver will win, but how much damage will Darklunn be able to cause before that happens?

I'll be looking forward to future chapters.
Chipster-roo chapter 18 . 1/29
*sigh* Sometimes I hate real life...

Anyway, I like this chapter. Your detailed descriptions of the various parts of the prison are well-done. We don't get to see much of Thomas Dargwin, but you really succeed in making him seem like a nasty person. Most of the escape scenes were well-written and suspenseful.

In the end, Mulberry is revealed to be a villain. I've been suspecting that for a while, although I kept doubting. Hopefully Leo will be able to deal with him before he harms anyone again.

I hope to read the new chapter of Child of the Seer tomorrow, if time allows.
Chipster-roo chapter 17 . 1/24
Sorry, real life was still busy...

This is a good chapter.

There's probably more to Bigwig's situation than it seems like at first...

The travelling scenes are well-written, and the stoat attack is really dramatic. I like your description of Zaltha Prison. Perhaps my favourite part of the chapter is the cute scene with Fiver and Pipkin near the end.

I'll be looking forward to future updates, and see what will happen inside the prison...
Redwalllover28 chapter 26 . 1/22
I hope you update child of a seer soon. Feels like forever.
It is Faith btw
Chipster-roo chapter 16 . 11/28/2017
CHAPTER 14
Overall, I liked this chapter.

It's interesting how Hawkbit and Dandelion are villains in Leo's dream; this can produce some interesting situations later on. The part with the trial was well-written and it's good that Leo stands up to nasty Gorwood. I like the description of the prison.

Then, we get the scene with Blackberry, which is easily the best scene in all three new chapters. She is an amazing rabbit. Unfortunately, it is soon over as Leo wakes up...

The final part with the bears had several cute and funny moments, and was well-written.

CHAPTER 15
I would say this is my favourite chapter of the new three.

There are a certain number of typos near the beginning the chapters. I assume these are due to keyboard problems...it gets sorted out after a few paragraphs though.

It's really funny how Leo tells the story of Hansel and Gretel rabbit-style. This is probably the funniest part of the three chapters.

The attack of the Yellow-Toothed Shadow is really dramatic and Mulberry is dead? That was unexpected. I kinda feel sorry for Buttercup, unless it turns out Mulberry isn't really dead and is still alive and will show up again later on...

I may be overanalyzing a detail, but I like the part where Pine and Birch say they don't know Vervain, it seems that this fits in well considering the revelation at the end of the Power of Love. I also like the character development for Pine and Birch, they seem to be among the more interesting OCs so far.

I love the scene with Pipkin. Pipkin is such an amazing bun, like Leo says the world needs more Pipkins.

CHAPTER 16
It seems to me that a large portion of the chapter involves Fiver talking with Leo about past events. Overall, I like this, it's interesting to find out how the original gang from Sandleford was formed. It's also interesting how Fiver retells a few events from the series.

I notice Hazel is mentioned several times throughout this chapter, how Fiver misses him; honestly I miss him too. I really like Fiver and Pipkin, they are, along with Hyzenthlay from the book and Blackberry, my favourite WD characters. But I miss Hazel, Primrose, and Bigwig, among others (especially Primrose, since her absence has been the longest of the three).

I may be overanalyzing again, but I like how Fiver thinks Hazel and Primrose might have more than three kittens. This reminds me of how poor Periwinkle vanished in the actual series.

I like the part where Fiver tells Leo how he grew since his arrival at Watership Down, and what happens afterwards, it's interesting. I have one minor complaint though: Leo says that Vervain is the only survivor of the war; however, Granite survived too.

Also, what is Bigwig doing with Vervain? I know Bigwig isn't evil, but this is rather worrying...I suppose it will be explained in a future chapter.

I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Chipster-roo chapter 13 . 9/12/2017
It must be really frustrating to deal with people like this at the library...I wish the management would do something about it...I'm sorry you lost the file for Child of the Seer, it's a good thing you have a backup though.

Anyway, about this chapter, I liked it overall. I remember Cornstalk from Child of the Seer, it's interesting that you backported him to this first installment. But while in Child of the Seer, he was just a nasty jerk, here he purposely tries to kill three other rabbits (and thankfully fails). It's going to be interesting to see what he does later on in Child of the Seer now that I know how evil he can be...

The three bears are interesting characters, and the father provides a lot of comic relief. It's also funny how Leo makes a reference to the famous fairy tale.

Now that the rabbits are safe, a large portion of the chapter is spent talking about the Gold-Toothed Shadow. He is really mysterious, and it remains unclear just who he is and what his goals are. He seems to be using other characters to carry out his evil plans, including Darklunn, Chillblack (is she the sister who is mentioned?) and General Woundwort (that was an interesting explanation of how he became who he was).

Especially worrying is the part about killing his brother, the mating, and the death of the kitten: how does Blackberry fit in with all this? Also I miss Blackberry, it's been so many chapters since her last appearance...

The last few paragraphs are really cute. I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Chipster-roo chapter 12 . 7/29/2017
Real life was busy again...sorry for the late review.

The first scene with Hazel and Fiver is really cute. The relationship between these two is amazing. Strawberry's short speech was nice. He isn't seen very often, it was nice to see him briefly take the spotlight. His words are very wise.

And once again, Hawkbit messed up. Leo may blame himself for nearly drowning Fiver and Pipkin, but it's Hawkbit who is responsible, since he pushed Leo into them.

The dream scene was well-written. The next one, where Leo thinks Pipkin is dead and blames himself, is rather sad, but also well-written. It's nice to see that Pipkin survived too, though. I don't know who the rabbit at the end is...I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

Writer's block can be really tough...I'm sorry you're facing this. I hope you will have a good trip though.
Drewmoviefan chapter 12 . 7/28/2017
Thank you! Great chapter, can't wait for more. Hopefully, they managed to reconcile onward in another possible chapter.
Drewmoviefan chapter 1 . 7/21/2017
Read it! It was beautifully crafted inspiration of two timeless classics: Watership Down and The Wizard of Oz. his story is brilliant and unforgettable! Leo Barning From Above: Necklace of Wisdom uplifts the soul! Leo and Rabbits of Watership (Dorothy and Friends) terrific alike combination! Miraculously moving and a bit of fun! I gave it a 100% of the overall story all the way!
Chipster-roo chapter 11 . 6/12/2017
Finally reviewing, real life was busy again...

I liked the first scene; it was well-written. The next one, where Fiver gets revenge on Hazel, and the tickling afterwards, is really cute.

The snare scene was rather scary, even if I already knew Fiver was going to make it out all right. The next scene with the poacher was well-written, although it was a bit disturbing how the poacher killed his own dog...

I still have mixed feelings about Mulberry.

After another sweet scene with the two brothers, Leo wonders what is going to happen next, and mentions several interesting possibilities. I'll be looking forward to future chapters. Hopefully there will also be some chapters about the way things are going back at Watership Down.
florapaw chapter 10 . 6/5/2017
10/10 would cry over this at 3 am again
Chipster-roo chapter 10 . 4/18/2017
Sorry for the late review, I was busy in real life recently. I think this is a good chapter.

It is really funny the way Leo goes back into the house to try and phone his parents, which didn't work. The scene where he tries to sneak past the guards is also funny.

The images the necklace reflects are interesting. The scene with the owl is well-written, and it's nice how Leo gets saved by a cat. Night seems like an interesting character.

I'm still rather worried about Mulberry...

The final scene, with Leo and Fiver, was really sweet.

I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Chipster-roo chapter 9 . 3/20/2017
This is one of the shortest chapters so far, but it's well-written. I like the first scene, with Buttercup already knowing about Leo.

A large portion of this chapter afterwards is about your OC Mulberry. The fact he knows so much about the necklace, and his reluctance to talk about his past, make me think me may be one of Darklunn's spies. Poor Buttercup...

The chapter ends with Hazel telling Leo about his past, I like the details you provide about his and Fiver's backstory, and Bigwig saving them from the weasel was nice.
Chipster-roo chapter 8 . 3/17/2017
I like how this chapter is set near Buttercup's warren. It always seemed to me that Buttercup is one of the most underused characters, both in the TV series and in fanfiction, so it's nice to see her here.

As predicted, Hawkbit and Dandelion do something crazy, and suffer the consequences. The part with Pigvig and Darkling the bat is especially funny.

Then, Leo attempts to rescue the two dimwits. I really like how you describe the inside of the mansion, and it's nice to see Leo being able to get some sort of "revenge" on Hawkbit and Dandelion.

The entire escape scene is well-written, and I like the description of what happens to the necklace afterwards.

The chapter ends with Buttercup's arrival. Hopefully we'll see more of her in the next chapter(s).
Chipster-roo chapter 7 . 3/10/2017
The first scene, with Hazel and Fiver, is really sweet.

Like you said, Kehaar has been removed from this story, and I can understand why. The story works well without him.

The brief passage with the students was funny. The following scene with Hawkbit and Dandelion is well-written; the prank they pull really does seem annoying to Leo.

The scene where Bigwig trains Leo is well-written and detailed, and Bigwig's advice makes sense. The ending with "kindly remove yourself from my chest" is funny.

The brief passage with Leo and Campion talking about Blackberry was nice. Then, Fiver has the vision. It's going to be interesting to see what crazy thing Hawkbit and Dandelion are going to do.