Reviews for Leo Barning from Above: The Necklace of Wisdom
Chipster-roo chapter 13 . 9/12
It must be really frustrating to deal with people like this at the library...I wish the management would do something about it...I'm sorry you lost the file for Child of the Seer, it's a good thing you have a backup though.

Anyway, about this chapter, I liked it overall. I remember Cornstalk from Child of the Seer, it's interesting that you backported him to this first installment. But while in Child of the Seer, he was just a nasty jerk, here he purposely tries to kill three other rabbits (and thankfully fails). It's going to be interesting to see what he does later on in Child of the Seer now that I know how evil he can be...

The three bears are interesting characters, and the father provides a lot of comic relief. It's also funny how Leo makes a reference to the famous fairy tale.

Now that the rabbits are safe, a large portion of the chapter is spent talking about the Gold-Toothed Shadow. He is really mysterious, and it remains unclear just who he is and what his goals are. He seems to be using other characters to carry out his evil plans, including Darklunn, Chillblack (is she the sister who is mentioned?) and General Woundwort (that was an interesting explanation of how he became who he was).

Especially worrying is the part about killing his brother, the mating, and the death of the kitten: how does Blackberry fit in with all this? Also I miss Blackberry, it's been so many chapters since her last appearance...

The last few paragraphs are really cute. I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Chipster-roo chapter 12 . 7/29
Real life was busy again...sorry for the late review.

The first scene with Hazel and Fiver is really cute. The relationship between these two is amazing. Strawberry's short speech was nice. He isn't seen very often, it was nice to see him briefly take the spotlight. His words are very wise.

And once again, Hawkbit messed up. Leo may blame himself for nearly drowning Fiver and Pipkin, but it's Hawkbit who is responsible, since he pushed Leo into them.

The dream scene was well-written. The next one, where Leo thinks Pipkin is dead and blames himself, is rather sad, but also well-written. It's nice to see that Pipkin survived too, though. I don't know who the rabbit at the end is...I'll be looking forward to the next chapter.

Writer's block can be really tough...I'm sorry you're facing this. I hope you will have a good trip though.
Drewmoviefan chapter 12 . 7/28
Thank you! Great chapter, can't wait for more. Hopefully, they managed to reconcile onward in another possible chapter.
Drewmoviefan chapter 1 . 7/21
Read it! It was beautifully crafted inspiration of two timeless classics: Watership Down and The Wizard of Oz. his story is brilliant and unforgettable! Leo Barning From Above: Necklace of Wisdom uplifts the soul! Leo and Rabbits of Watership (Dorothy and Friends) terrific alike combination! Miraculously moving and a bit of fun! I gave it a 100% of the overall story all the way!
Chipster-roo chapter 11 . 6/12
Finally reviewing, real life was busy again...

I liked the first scene; it was well-written. The next one, where Fiver gets revenge on Hazel, and the tickling afterwards, is really cute.

The snare scene was rather scary, even if I already knew Fiver was going to make it out all right. The next scene with the poacher was well-written, although it was a bit disturbing how the poacher killed his own dog...

I still have mixed feelings about Mulberry.

After another sweet scene with the two brothers, Leo wonders what is going to happen next, and mentions several interesting possibilities. I'll be looking forward to future chapters. Hopefully there will also be some chapters about the way things are going back at Watership Down.
florapaw chapter 10 . 6/5
10/10 would cry over this at 3 am again
Chipster-roo chapter 10 . 4/18
Sorry for the late review, I was busy in real life recently. I think this is a good chapter.

It is really funny the way Leo goes back into the house to try and phone his parents, which didn't work. The scene where he tries to sneak past the guards is also funny.

The images the necklace reflects are interesting. The scene with the owl is well-written, and it's nice how Leo gets saved by a cat. Night seems like an interesting character.

I'm still rather worried about Mulberry...

The final scene, with Leo and Fiver, was really sweet.

I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Chipster-roo chapter 9 . 3/20
This is one of the shortest chapters so far, but it's well-written. I like the first scene, with Buttercup already knowing about Leo.

A large portion of this chapter afterwards is about your OC Mulberry. The fact he knows so much about the necklace, and his reluctance to talk about his past, make me think me may be one of Darklunn's spies. Poor Buttercup...

The chapter ends with Hazel telling Leo about his past, I like the details you provide about his and Fiver's backstory, and Bigwig saving them from the weasel was nice.
Chipster-roo chapter 8 . 3/17
I like how this chapter is set near Buttercup's warren. It always seemed to me that Buttercup is one of the most underused characters, both in the TV series and in fanfiction, so it's nice to see her here.

As predicted, Hawkbit and Dandelion do something crazy, and suffer the consequences. The part with Pigvig and Darkling the bat is especially funny.

Then, Leo attempts to rescue the two dimwits. I really like how you describe the inside of the mansion, and it's nice to see Leo being able to get some sort of "revenge" on Hawkbit and Dandelion.

The entire escape scene is well-written, and I like the description of what happens to the necklace afterwards.

The chapter ends with Buttercup's arrival. Hopefully we'll see more of her in the next chapter(s).
Chipster-roo chapter 7 . 3/10
The first scene, with Hazel and Fiver, is really sweet.

Like you said, Kehaar has been removed from this story, and I can understand why. The story works well without him.

The brief passage with the students was funny. The following scene with Hawkbit and Dandelion is well-written; the prank they pull really does seem annoying to Leo.

The scene where Bigwig trains Leo is well-written and detailed, and Bigwig's advice makes sense. The ending with "kindly remove yourself from my chest" is funny.

The brief passage with Leo and Campion talking about Blackberry was nice. Then, Fiver has the vision. It's going to be interesting to see what crazy thing Hawkbit and Dandelion are going to do.
Chipster-roo chapter 6 . 2/12
Sorry for the late review, I was busy in real life yesterday.

A large portion of this chapter is spent describing the relationship between Hazel and Fiver. This is really cute, and is probably the best friendship in the series.

The passage about Leo eating grass was rather funny.

Leo's dream was interesting, and the concept of relying (or not) on others for protection will probably be very important later on. The scene with Hazel comforting him is well-written. The brief details about Hazel, Fiver and Bigwig's former life adds to the story. It's nice to see the brief retelling of the classic blessing story.

I'll be looking forward to future updates.
Chipster-roo chapter 5 . 12/19/2016
I like the brief scene with Fiver at the start.

The trip to see Hedge the Wizard is well-written. Her character is not seen very often in fanfics, and her appearance here, although brief, is a positive contribution. And her description of the powers of the necklace is fascinating.

I like the group of rabbits who are chosen to participate in the adventure. Most major characters are there, it's especially nice to see Spartina and the two old captains, who don't appear as often as the others.

I really love the scene with Blackberry. As I already said, she's one of my favourite series characters. The scene is well-written, and Leo's dream is really cute.

There are two minor problems I found. The first one is when Hannah and Leo arrive at the island, and one of the fireflies talks; they never did that in the series. The second problem is this sentence near the end: "You fall through the water into a another world every day." Shouldn't this be "you don't fall"? Other than that, it's a great chapter.
Chipster-roo chapter 4 . 12/12/2016
Reviewing as a guest since I already “reviewed” this chapter.

Don't feel bad about the delay in updating, I understand you can sometimes be busy in real life.

I like the scene at the start, where Leo thinks everything is just a dream until he wakes up and realizes everything is real.

The scene with the owsla is well-written, and I like that you show how Strawberry is the most competent one of the owsla.

The appearance of Mr Gorwood's rabbit version Darklunn was well-done. You handle the character of Vervain very well, and this part is very funny. I like how you compare him to PC Vanie.

Also, I think you should check out the Fiver's Honeycomb forum. It's a great WD site, I'm sure you would like it.
Chipster-roo chapter 4 . 11/30/2016
This is supposed to be about chapter 3 but I already posted something and ff dot net won't let me post again, so...

It's funny the way Leo reacts to forgetting to call his parents.

If I remember correctly the original version of this chapter had a brief appearance by Bark the badger. However, it was rather short and didn't really matter to the main plot, so I think it's better to have Leo meet Hazel first like in the new version.

It's also rather funny to see Leo trying to explain various human concepts rabbits don't know about, such as telephones.

After that, Leo gets to meet most of the rabbits living at the Down, except Blackavar (who, we learn in the third instalment, isn't at the Down at the moment), Spartina and Captain Holly. This is well-written; it's especially interesting to see Hickory and Marigold mentioned, they don't appear in fanfics very often.

I especially like the part with Fiver, and his sadness over Silverweed is understandable. The scene with Hazel and Fiver later on is sweet. It's also nice to see Bigwig admit how his owsla isn't really that good.

And finally, I really like the extended scene with Blackberry at the end of the chapter.
Chipster-roo chapter 3 . 11/28/2016
Sorry, for some reason my chapter 2 review didn't display properly. The last few sentences of the chapter 1 review are problematic, here's what it should be:

"And it's funny how Leo's father says that "unfortunately, he is not a rabbit". The poem is well-written. While it doesn't really matter to the main plot, as far as I can remember, it's still nice."

I'm really sorry about this...