Reviews for Ideal
Guest chapter 1 . 2/28/2015
This is it. Jaune Arc will become Unyielding Steel.

A Sword of Justice.

One that will save them all, but damn himself to a lifetime of suffering.
iris chapter 1 . 8/29/2014
Loved this story. I've always found JNPR and RWBY watching Velvet being bullied and doing nothing kind of strange. I adore your characterisation of Jaune being a very hands on hero.
Kudos also to your A description of a good fighting stance!
blitzxs chapter 1 . 8/26/2014
Now this is what I'm talking about. When Cardin was about to get killed by the Ursa Major, Jaune could have just run away. No one would blame him. They would say he was too weak, that nothing he could do would change the outcome except getting himself killed as well. But no, he blocked that blow. He didn't even think about the fact that his chances of survival was low. He saw someone in danger and jumped right in to save him. Others would argue this wasn't much of achievement, that his friends would have done the same thing he did but the difference is, they know they can beat the Ursa but he can't but he defended Cardin nonetheless. That's speaks much of his character. And you were able to show it perfectly in your story.
Darth Cruel chapter 1 . 8/21/2014
This! This is how it should of been done! awesome work, keep it up.
VedranTheII chapter 1 . 7/9/2014
Thanks for the read…I’d say more but I can’t think of anything right now so…thanks.
reeee chapter 1 . 7/8/2014

I thank you for writing this simplistically elegant and personable story. I'm torn between my wish to see more of Jaune's tale and the realization that this is enough to encompass the rest of his life in a single chapter.

You nailed it.
Aires Drake chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
So, the best kind of hero then...

..Nice work.
ddrhckrzz chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Great story, I enjoyed it. It was nice.
lazylegionspark chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
Well with Jaune's own name being a namesake to Joan of Arc who was considered(By the French) to be a hero he does fit the bill rather well.
However like cloudedend said, if Jaune become such a hero he will endure great sadness, I am capable of imagining himself going through some great tribulations and maybe even sacrificing himself for another. Of course I am pretty sure the series would not have him die, it would not fit the theme.
cloudedend chapter 1 . 6/17/2014
A path of heroism that has never worked out well for the hero in question. This suits him. It's kinda inevitable that this will lead to sadness which is why I like this. Nice job.