Reviews for I am Aedan of Highever!
edboy4926 chapter 27 . 6/12
Awesome story
Lord Dream chapter 2 . 6/6
The italics killed this. Also, wall of text much?
IIAMasterSHenson chapter 22 . 2/20
Best. Chapter. Thus. Far.
This chapter describing the huge slew of events that you condensed into one length of writing was very well done. I don't actually remember the daughter from the game play either. The moment of reflection about the journey past was exactly the contemplation that the character and story needed. I remember an earlier chapter was my favorite before but this trumps it for synthesis and tone alone.
IIAMasterSHenson chapter 20 . 11/27/2016
Finally able to get a chance to continue reading again!
And just when I get my chance, I find that I left off on these last two chapters. This one was like a breath of fresh air for me. Not just because this was one of my favorite missions on DA:O (Hail to the Dalish, hail to the lore, hail to gangster Zathrian XD) but because of all there was in this one. The love being aggravated between Morrigan and Aedan is done very convincingly and a good way to start the chapter, especially with the finishing section: the cold truths and denial of vengeance being an all-consuming force that Aedan feels he's above (though greater men-like what Loghain was and imo Zathrian too-have been weakened by it, not before it).
It's honestly also cool to see the parallels between their characters here. Morrigan and Cousland have common ground but where they defer is in their forms of realism. They've always been similar but little by little we're seeing the differences that actually separate them.
Also, I thought he was gaining manners finally but no! Insulting a spirit who is NOT trying to intimidate him? In her den? He'll never learn hahahahaha. Man, he's lucky he has the abilities he has. And the team. Death wish, this one.
Arthur88 chapter 24 . 10/9/2016
Too brutal? Not brutal enough? In my opinion that was just perfect; I've got no problem with cracking Tevinter skulls and your Warden did it brilliantly!
Arthur88 chapter 23 . 10/9/2016
Very good...most satisfying to see Howe get what was coming to him (and I thought my Warden went to town on the bastard)...
MysticGohan88 chapter 25 . 9/14/2016
And another great chapter! Where do I start? "The country conforms to suit the ruler" Wow, that is so backwards that it made my head hurt. "It's not what your country, can do you for you..but what you can do, for your country" is what JFK said I believe. A ruler has to do what's best for his people , and do what benefits them, not what benefits the ruler. Otherwise, the ruler is a tyrant.

Orlais, Orlais, Orlais, dear maker; is that all Loghain can say? No evidence at all about Orlais wanting to retake Ferelden, and yet he used that as an excuse to get away with artocities. What. an. idiot.
MysticGohan88 chapter 24 . 9/14/2016
I abore any and all kind of slavery in video games, and whenever I face them; I have a particular pleasure in slaughtering and making them suffer for their transgressions. Example: When I went to Paradise Falls in Fallout 3, and heard that they were slavers; I immeditately began to start shooting.
MysticGohan88 chapter 23 . 9/14/2016
Holy crap! That was the most brutal thing I've ever read done to Howe, in my entire life. You really delve in to what it is to make someone suffer. The beginning when Ser Cormyn was rubbing in all who suffered, and the build up to the boiling point of Aedans rage, amazing :D
MysticGohan88 chapter 20 . 9/14/2016
I love Aedan's attitude towards Danyla for her question. Why should he feel regret for a crime that was centuries ago, and had nothing to do with him personally? He didn't take part in the destruction of an empire, so what does he have to feel guilty for? It's like assuming that "Your a human, therefore your guilty of something" Thats what I love about Bioware games, on how they insert real life issues into their mix, making you contemplate.
MysticGohan88 chapter 17 . 9/12/2016
I loved this chapter! The first time I beat this game, I made Harrowmont King. When I saw how much he fucked up in the epilogue though, I never made him King ever again. Bhlen is power hungry, corrupt and maybe even amoral, but he gets the job done with his people. Not only that, but he's a reformist and opens up options for the castless, giving more of a future for Orzammar. Infact, I think by Inquisition, he even went and married Rica.
IIAMasterSHenson chapter 18 . 5/14/2016
I think this chapter, besides the actual attack on his home and death of his family (and half of Redcliffe) is my favorite. I'm a sucker for backstories, histories, prequels and this one was very well done. I liked your representation of the Avvar a lot. As far as my own investigation of lore goes, it is spot on and then some. Are you using some dictionary or lexicon for their language? I can't recall seeing what's been given as being developed enough for me to even try to make sentences XD good job!
Also, good job with Siobahn. I like her type and she added a good layer to the story especially being a shaman apprentice and serving as an opposite to her teacher in a way. I do feel iffy about Morrigan, not because she fought for what was hers-it was appropriate here-but she seems to get jealous in this story over a lot more than I would expect her to [but of course, I interpreted her character a bit different than you obviously]).
I find it interesting that Aedan is connected to a tribe with support or non-judgment of Maferath, enough to name children after him or carry that name at all since the Avvar (many) did back Andraste after his treachery. But I think his presence in this chapter, even through another vessel, was needed as this entire thing had to do with jealousy and power in a way.
IIAMasterSHenson chapter 17 . 5/14/2016
It figures you would support Bhelen but then I like the parts of going off-script the most because you show that your support of him is for your own ends, not because you necessarily favor him.
I think Oghren should be featured more in all upcoming chapters. Somehow, Alistair, Leliana, Wynne, and even Zevran and Sten just don't seem to mix with Aedan. Like, because Morrigan's his romance they will mostly get along and Oghren is the perfect complement to Aedan's own personality.
Though it was crazy that he went monkey on the dwarf for calling him a traitor, it was funny lol
IIAMasterSHenson chapter 13 . 4/25/2016
After the tower scene, I think this destination seems to be the most fitting between Cousland and Morrigan. And Wynne is very Wynne here, illuminating the more base, or even child-like disposition that Cousland has with her wisdom (which she does to every single warden, damn her). So good job capturing that here.
And I also got your note but I feel in this case, you introduced the scene harshly yet you made an attempt to implement emotional adjectives. This causes a separation between story and reader and without a "lemony" or even just drawn out fluffy follow-up, there was nothing to bring the reader's captivation back to the story.
And I think there's a difference between fluff, lemon, and smut. Here, lemon is very warranted because without it, because of your writing style, it's hard to truly put the weight of Morrigan and Cousland's relationship to bear, especially since your only fluff between them was the drawing ages ago. The only thing inappropriate in this particular case would be smut (written to arouse an erotic feeling from the reader). You want to elicit romantic feelings here that aren't there.
Otherwise, good chapter as a whole.
IIAMasterSHenson chapter 11 . 4/16/2016
I think the chapters up to this point have gone very well, and you've covered quite a bit of ground that can seem to become sludgy in the games and some of it pointless.
And even to this chapter, "talk shit, get hit" stays with me haha! Those words are indeed some of the wisest every spoken.
I've always liked Zevran as a character so you can imagine that I am happy to see the story develop if you choose to make use of him.
And to answer Aedan's question as to why he can't attract normal people: because he is't normal! Not by a long shot!