Reviews for Reaching the Throne
PredatorPuck chapter 5 . 2/23
Haha child genius indeed... Almost millennia old child
PredatorPuck chapter 4 . 2/23
Hahaha power of time travel!
PredatorPuck chapter 3 . 2/23
Very touching
PredatorPuck chapter 1 . 2/23
Wow the idea of your story itself is awesome and you wrote perfectly
Salvare chapter 5 . 2/19
Great story! Looking at the date of last update I have almost no hope for more chapters though. Still I don't regret reading it.
JeremiahBullfrog 0 chapter 5 . 2/15
Daaammnnnnn. You're moving this story in really fucking interesting directions. I don't care if the premise is a little absurd, you're more than making up for it with originality.
Pedro52 chapter 5 . 1/18
Sugoii
Alucard Bellsing chapter 5 . 1/9
Damn I want to see this version of Shirou at the five grail war.
TheUnheeded chapter 5 . 11/27/2014
love it!
Tiny Cherie chapter 4 . 11/8/2014
i really like ilya, kiritsugu and shirou's interactions here 3
Guest chapter 5 . 10/20/2014
This is a true joy to read, thank you for sharing it with us.
tranquilium chapter 5 . 10/20/2014
To be honest, I would avoid using real countries all together in the war idea. Some of the posters before has explained parts of it. I will add in my bits:

While there are plenty of wars and revolutions going on in the 90s and even today, none of them is simple cut like good vs evil, it is not even clear cut things like ideology conflicts. Take the eastern European states for example, after the collapse of USSR, the eastern European states tried a myriad of different political systems, ranging from the really ultra-conservative socialism to the really liberal elective democracy, basically, if you can name a form of government and the eastern Europeans would have tried it and none of them worked, neither in short nor long term. This is because, fundamentally, East Europe's industrial revolution is hundreds years behind Western Europe and without the infrastructures built by USSR, these countries are simply not competitive no matter what they do. Things like this doesn't have quick fix at all.

From history, we know there are three approaches to fix this. The first method is like the Germany and a number of European countries, where you slowly develop your infrastructure and eventually stabilize the country. The downside is that this method requires hundreds of years to achieve and this is assume the country isn't toppled by a foreign power trying to get rid of competition.
The second method is the US way, where you have a large territory and plenty of resource and most importantly, geographical insulation from major conflicts. This way, you naturally acts as a sanctuary to people, especially wealthy and educated ones. Basically, this approach can be summed up by building up your own power base while your opponent weaken each other. The obvious downside is that you have to be a large country to start with and besides US, Canada and Australia, there really isn't any other country that fits the geographically safe requirement.
The third method is frankly the one that have the best chance of working in 20th century. This is the method used USSR and China. For this method, you adopt a really powerful centralized government that can direct your limited resource to build the essential infrastructures. A bonus is that the powerful central control also makes anyone hesitant about fighting a war with you, because you can be sure the defender will fight to the last man to necessary. This method has been employed to some success by countries like USSR, China and to a lesser extent South Korea, Singapore. North Korea was actually moderately successful before the collapse of USSR, but that's another complex story to analyze. The obvious downside to this method is that you need check and mechanism to prevent inefficiencies and corruption to run out of control. It can be said that comparing to the previous two methods tends to emphasize on the in-born quality of the nation (like geographical location), the third method tends to emphasize on getting competent people to the right place. However, that's a can of worm you probably don't want to open just to write a fanfiction.
Jasenerd chapter 5 . 10/17/2014
I love this story! It is really well written and thought out. I do hope that you continue to write this.
makopaulo chapter 5 . 10/11/2014
Love it!
greymouser chapter 5 . 9/28/2014
The idea of Shirou becoming a heroic spirit by doing good things not through brute force is not something I;ve encountered in the andom before. I would love to read more of this story. :D