Reviews for A Matter Of Some Concern
Hannah Lynn McDonald chapter 1 . 11/5/2014
Ummm... Did no one take into account that maybe he was in mourning?!

Sorry. It just seemed to make sense, and i had to have a reason - not to mention, it would explain everything she ofund odd...

No, I haven't read my indepth history in a while, so pardon me...
Cupcake155 chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Hang on-
Ecthelion was of the house of fountain and he was a good friend of Lord Glorfindel's.
Green and Yellow are the colours of the house of the golden flower.
The symbol of a yellow flower appears often in this scene.
This all hints to slight Glorfindel/Erestor... or maybe just friendship-
or maybe they are related... Tolkien never did give specifics about the house of the circling raven.
XD
Cupcake solves the case once again!
P.S Did you do this on purpose?
mandiecandie chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
haha. had me laughing. and now I want to know more about erector.
Ardnexia chapter 1 . 6/21/2014
Wow. Actually, I did enjoy that very much! It's well written, I think, except the time it takes place is slightly confusing. I did laugh at various places, so good job on that!
TheHouseWitch chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
This was just lovely. I really think you managed to bring such a fun side to Elrond and Celebrían's relationship. You also built up the story quite nicely, and I loved Celebrían's curiosity and Elrond's attempt to speak some sense into his wife. I also loved the whole last sequence and found it very funny. Though I think that Celebrían would be quite aware that her husband was born in the First Age since his story is well known and she must have been well acquainted with the history of her people, I still found it amusing and cute.
Lovely story and I applaud you for writing a happy Elrond and Celebrían story.
EverleighBain chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Ooohh, this made me giggle. What a rare thing to see Elrond so... ahem... distracted. And as a married woman myself I find it more than a little bit hilarious (and believable!) that Celebrian is off on a tirade, friskiness the LAST thing on her mind, and all Elrond can think about is how every rant, rave, and exclamation would be applicable elsewhere XD

This is such a clever way to write a sweet and sexy story without making it ONLY sweet and sexy- not just about the newlyweds, but about Celebrian's curiosity and the mystery of Erestor. And I loved the tiny glimpses into the household of Imladris: Erestor not being too uptight to get offended at the "invasion" of his quarters, though there's the promise of Elrond getting a hard time about it; and how Elrond adheres to procedure to make his "distracting" seem official. Very nuanced, and makes the story seem like a window into a much larger world.

You did also such a great job creating chemistry and heat between them even though it takes until the very end for Celebrian to be in on the idea as well :D

And of course now I'm ridiculously curious about Erestor. And I appreciate that you wrote him beyond the very common Erestor-stereotypes that have him as a stuffy library-stalking scholar who has never in three Ages had so much as a hangnail. The idea of him as a one-time warrior and scout sets my imagination to humming. I find it so much more believable that Elrond would have a chief advisor who not only understood the nuances of governing in peacetime, but who also knew firsthand the same horrors and bleakness of war.

Thanks for sharing! Very well written indeed.

Blessings,
Everleigh
Winterfell chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I liked this! It was sweet. And funny :)