Reviews for Ósanwi Fëo vanwa
Fortune Zyne chapter 1 . 6/21/2012
Poor Maedhros, he seemed to be one of the brothers that got the most torment...

I hope he eventually finds peace and healing in the Halls...
Viya chapter 1 . 12/20/2003
Really good! Maedhros is more mad than I like him to be, but it's still really, really good! I love your style of writing.
Dragon Confused chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
Wow! Powerful stuff, I'm really glad I read this. It was amazing the way you showed the way Maedhros was thinking!

Thor chapter 1 . 2/28/2003
Greetings. After that oh so wonderfully head-swelling review you gave me I felt honor bound to come and check out some of your own stories. This one obviouslly interested me for the rumored subject of madness (oh glee).

You present Maedhros interestingly. He sits alone, which is where he claims he wants to be. He feels pressured by the eyes that watch him, yet feels that no eyes (or anything else) exist near him. He desires the lonely darkness, yet wishes for his father to stay with him.

Obviouslly he is a shattered soul. The story itself is a slow drop into madness, with Maedhros actually seeming more lucid in the begining, though more accepting of his condition. It's as he tries to justify his fall that he actually falls more. The more he considers his actions, and the doomed wars the more he realizes the bleakness of his position and the more he longs for some sort of peace.

It is a horrible place you have placed him within, for there is no logical escape. He will only make himself worse the more he considers his own condition for the Mobius strip of the argument will inevitably drag him deeper and deeper into his own mind. I also rather enjoyed how he longed for oblivion and solitude, yet at the same time you seemed to have him convey a uneasy fear about what may lie for him down that path. A very impressive little piece of ledgermain I must say; devilishly clever. A very fun read and fully self-contained within itself, I give it two claws up; fine family fun for the deranged.
Alquamor chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
*Feels feeling of kindred spirit-ness with Kazaera - or maybe Maedhros - no, Kazaera. Because while what is written here is not like me, what is behind it is.*

Gut! Sehr gut! (Ich spreche Germish, lol). (German-English). Ich leibe dein writing. Keep it up!
WatcherChild chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Although Maedhros is often an over done character, you've viewed from a different perspective. His mental state is portrayed well here. I wouldn't call him insane but maybe so grief-stricken that he loses himself? Okay, I guess I'm not being very coherent. I liked the part where he thought that the Silmarils should have been red:)
Aerlinnel chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
This is literally, painfully breathtaking. The style is utterly perfect for what you were driving at - Maedhros's frenetic self-condemnation and mental suffering. I agree with Finch in that I don't think he was *insane*, per se - driven to absolute desperation, clearly, which you've captured excellently here. His pleas to Fëanor are especially heartrending.

Good, good job.
Shirann chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Oh my. Simply... Oh my.

You have done this excellently. I've always loved Maedhros, and the fact that he had gone through so much pain yet still lived through it in the end (except for the whole Silmaril-incident, of course.) You've portrayed him so beautifully.

I love the fact that he doesn't really know if Feanor was there or not. That it could maybe only be his own subconscious thought creating this demon he has to face - in a way the worst of them all, and then also the only one who can bring him respite.

Brilliantly done, congratulations!
Finch chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Maedhros is not insane, I think. Frenzied, yes, crazed, perhaps, but not insane. That you can't forgive someone if you do not have the courage to blame him first is a very lucid thought, and true.

That Feanor didn't think Maedhros could do anything good seems fanon rather than canon to me; his worst deed against his sons, and particularly the eldest, who felt responsible for the others, was making them swear the oath again just before his death. That way he turned an act of rebellion into an unrepentant, dying man's wish.

Other than that, this image of Maedhros in Mandos is more than plausible.
Psycofoxx chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Really Good! I'd like to see more from this character.
Ainaechoiriel chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
This was very good. At first the run-on sentences hindered my reading, but then I accepted them as Maedhros's thoughts, being as jumbled as they are. They do run together. Then I let the words flow and they flowed very well. I'm glad this was short though, else I might not have read it tonight. Thanks for having him accept his guilt. I'm still mad about the whole kinslaying thing and I have little sympathy for the sons of Feanor. So it's good to see them feeling guilt for what they did, something only Maglor seemed to do in the Silm.

Good work. Keep it up.
OjosVerdes chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Oh, my. This is wonderful. Poor Maedhros..now I just want to go find him, throw my arms around him and let him cry his own tears-that-are-not-tears out on my shoulder.
alena chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
This moving and beautifully-written...I think you conveyed the madness extremely well. As a self-proclaimed Maedhros-hater, I would like to gloat over him and say that he deserved this, but I really couldn't. You've made me gone all soft and compassionate on him. Darn.

It's also very insightful of you to have Feanor in this fic, even if it was only in the mind of Maedhros...
Maeve Riannon chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Its ...just a word: excellent. Breathtaking. Insightful. The best fic youve written by far. Im just going to put it into my favourites list *now*.

"You rejected me through them"..

Im so glad you have written this!
Deborah Judge chapter 1 . 11/3/2002
Very nice! Excellently written, and Maedhros really comes through. And it makes sense to me to see Mandos written in this sort of way. Only by facing his pain can he be healed.