Reviews for The Food of Love
casper6six6 chapter 11 . 3/19
love the story :D
Evangeline chapter 2 . 10/24/2014
I would have to say that your story is lovely in its entirety. But I must bring to your attention that the time which Eve and Adam have spent together is much longer then what you stated in your stoyg. In the movie Adam mentioned Pythagoras, who was born 570 BC and died 495BC. Also Eve mentioned the Middle Ages, the Tartars, and the Inquisitions to him so from this its assumed they have known each other for more then 400 years. Of course it is never mentioned in the film their ages but from dialog its to hint that they are eons old. Despite that you have portrayed these characters beautifully.
Twinchy chapter 11 . 8/7/2014
First off, I have to apologize for not R&R'ing earlier. My friend's house flooded and we were beyond busy lugging soaked things out and drying everything until now. SO not fun, let me tell you!

But now to your fanfic:
This was IMHO the perfect finishing touch to this very well-written and thought-out story, Cat. I'm merely a tiny bit sad the chapter didn't include Eve anymore as I would have loved to read about her first meeting with Lilith in the wake of her change. After all, up to this point, she didn't get to see her friend back on her feet again after finding her dead on the floor at the Wards' house.

It moved my heart to see Adam performing in public as a Thank You for Lilith's sacrefice. Talk about HUGE gestures... That said, making the different-colour beads for Lilith, Eve and himself was a superb idea of Adam's as well, not to mention, so sweet! It shows his appreciation and dedication to the two women in his life really well.
And I truly loved the banter between Adam and Lilith in this final installment, the way they are comfortable with each other in every which way now. That's surely a long, long way from their first meeting when Adam initially arrived at the house.

*adds roaring applause*
DeRoziersstory chapter 6 . 8/3/2014
I can't express how much I love this 3
DeRoziersstory chapter 4 . 8/3/2014
LAlalalala i love fluid relationship types _
DeRoziersstory chapter 2 . 8/3/2014
I love this, i feel all warm and happy :)
DeRoziersstory chapter 1 . 8/3/2014
Oh, wow, i really like this :D
Regros chapter 11 . 7/31/2014
Hey! I am sorry I am reviewing so late. I couldn't find your story (untill I remembered, that I have to change the default things to see M- rated stuff), but now I am here again to tell you that I love your story.
I love how thought-out and elaborated your story was. It is very creative, but still fits perfectly with the original story. That is true for the plot as well as the characters. Your backroundstory and history sounded as if it could have been the backroundstory of the movie all along. The actions of the characters and development of the story was plausible. (A rear thing). And still it is an original, thrilling and romantic story. The same goes for the way you made your OC part of the story. There was no "I-am-forcing-my-OC-to-my-favorite-character". It felt like she should be there and the relationships came naturally and Adams and Eves relationship is still perfect- as are the protrays of their characters. Besides, yours is an intruiging OC. Oh, and all the details you were careful about- like the thing that these vampires are in no mirrors, but in photos. Just great!
So, yeah, I love your story. Thank you for posting it.
KD chapter 11 . 7/28/2014
I loved this story, you did an amazing job with it! I hope you do another one soon!
Twinchy chapter 10 . 7/19/2014
I knew it! And you did a wonderful job of making it a fluid and believable thing to happen. After all, it wouldn't have been convincing if you hadn't laid out the ground work already, right?

Gorgeous how Eve and Adam came in 'guns blazing' so to say! They really gave Elric and his followers a run for his money, although he most certainly wasn't in any condition to appreciate it anymore; the poor couple whose house the vampires used for their HQ surely did though. :-D
And who could possibly fault them for their anxiety and fear toward the newly arrived vampires despite Lilith swearing they were nothing like Elric and his goons?! That was a lovely scene, them weeping over Lilith's body and introducing themselves to the poor people who happened to end up in the crossfire.

I'm also very fond of how you wrote Lilith waking up turned and enjoying her first drink with Adam to watch over her.

I can't wait to read the final chapter you already posted - though I will have to postpone it until tomorrow or even Monday, as I need a few hours of sleep first.
Typewriter101 chapter 10 . 7/17/2014
Liliths finally a vampire! :D
Twinchy chapter 9 . 7/16/2014
Yes, that's what I thought about Ava as well from the get-go. Lilith confronted her maverlously about it - and I wouldn't have shared my actual plan with Eve's little sister either, considering her track-record.

Ouch, what a sacrefice! *starts chewing fingernails* This Elric is creeping me out, yet I'm sure that's intentional.
No surprise Adam and Eve are out of their minds with worry - heartbreaking how poor Adam punched the wall in frustration while Eve tried to add some calm to the situation.

The letter Lilith wrote them was so lovely, though I'm certain neither of the two vampire soulmates will ever stop loving the other. They are too close.

I have my idea how this will turn out but that doesn't make me one bit less curious, so hurry up with the update! :-p
elle150 chapter 9 . 7/15/2014
Chp 8 & 9 were fantastic. love the natural flow of adam & lilith's relationship. can't wait for the next chapter. hopefully soon
Twinchy chapter 8 . 7/13/2014
What a close call and how scary! Not the mention the hot awakening... *drool*
You did a great job of making it part of a natural progress instead of jumping into it for the added bed-scene. Well done.

I have to admit, I had to snicker when reading how Lilith fell asleep while Adam told her about his meeting Eve and Gustav for the first time back in the day, and how he became part of the their family. Very nice touch with the back-story there.

Now I'm beyond curious what Lilith has in mind to help her friends, and of course how Ava - who deserved to be shunned by Adam for what she did, particularly in the light of the situation before - will fit into the picture.

That said, the part I adored most about this chapter is the make-up scene between Eve and Adam after Ava's attack; how he assured her they'd always be friends and much, much more. That entire scene was lovely and tender and spoke of a union held sacred beyond anything tangible.

More please!
KD chapter 8 . 7/11/2014
Finally! I was wondering when Adam and Lilith would finally sleep together! I was hoping for a little more detail, but that's ok. Please continue with your amazing work!