Reviews for Harry Potter and the First Division
Dinogeek chapter 2 . 7/21
But this. Why has this not been updated. Why. I want to know so bad I've forgotten how to use question marks.
Pat chapter 2 . 6/24
Oh, how I wish you'd continued this story!
atymer chapter 2 . 10/9/2014
Oh do post the completed story. I am beyond fascinated with the possibilities. Grateful for something more than cliched.
delenda est c chapter 2 . 6/24/2014
Great chapter . Thank you .
KK chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
That's an interesting view on the Dursleys and their interaction with Harry. It makes the two of them more sympathetic, or rather gives them a good reason to fear but doesn't excuse what they did out of fear which is better than what you see in the books where the fear is unclear born of poor prejudice. If one was going to use a more sympathetic version of these two characters without changing their actions from the beginning I have to say this is a great way to go about it.
Meteorthunder3 chapter 2 . 6/23/2014
I shall be honest. I really hate it when fanfictions involve deeply with religions of the world. They often paint them all in a very disturbing yet unbelievable and very offensive cases. I may not be a Muslim, but I hate stories that denounce it, and that goes with other religions even if I am a catholic.

Yet I find myself here and so far I like the current chapters. I'd like to see where you will take this genre.
SnowWhiteOwl chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
That looks really promising... after reading the first chapter, I thought you would make it into a fic where the priests believed that Harry was possessed by the devil or something similar (that would habe been interesting to read, too), but I think I like it better this way.
Look forward to future chapters!
Gwenlynn chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
Interesting concept and I can see why you are scared of people flaming. Always tricky when faith is concerned.

About the story so far, it us obvious that the statute of secrecy is broken badly here if a Priest knows about magic as well (unless he is connected to the magical world). Could be interesting to find the truth behind that.

Also interesting is Petunia and Vernon viewpoint. Not jealousy but fear in Petunia's case and protrctiveness on Vernons side. This makes them more human and less cartoonish as they are in canon. Hope to read more soon.
RebeccaRoy chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
I love this, this is a beautiful start to this story, and if there was magic in the world than God created it did he not? I could go on as to why the bible would state things against it (the Israelites were always prone to wanting to worship anything but God as they promised and would have worshiped magic-users as well), but here this is how things would be now. I can tell you if I had a kid that could do what Harry did he or she would be raised just to know to use their power for good and never for evil or for personal gain.
gizmo685 chapter 2 . 6/22/2014
I always wondered why J.K Rowling didn't came up with something like this... apperently Rowling PISSED on whole childhood of Harry, so it did not destroy her ideal picture.
Read is interesting, whole perspective " what can happen when Church knows about Wizarding World" is strangely good for whole universe. This light cannot mean that shard of Voldemort is destroyed, right? It would be too easy...or not. What Dumbledore will do?
Man of Constant Sorrow chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
This is a very interesting concept, one I've only seen done once before wherein the Durselys upon finding baby Harry promptly leave him on the steps of a church to be raised by the priest and nun.

I have a couple of questions, How will he even attend Hogwarts, if the Durselys indoctrinate him to be a zealous by the book Christian, then how do you overcome the "Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live" rhetoric.

It would be interesting if Harry found out Jesus was a wizard, would certainly explain all his miracles and might get Harry to not believe everything in the bible as gospel ;)

His faith could be a great source of power for him, channeling his faith, turbocharging his spells against evil, strengthening his protections of others.

I imagine Harry and the Fat Friar will probably hold services. every Sunday

This reminds me of the boondock saints for some reason.

I look forward to seeing where this goes

Thanks so much for sharing, I eagerly await your next.
delenda est c chapter 1 . 6/19/2014
Interesting story . Thank you .
Harry1675 chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Interesting plot. I am constantly thinking about that, if Harry had been. I always thought u had to be Christian to have a godfather so I've always wondered if Lily, it would have most likely been her, was Christian.
Dinogeek chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
Hmm... very eenteresting. Our minds are running along the same lines, I think, since my brain keeps bugging me to write a story where HP ends up becoming a priest (loooong explanation for that one... XD). Also I can be a brain resource if you need; I go to an ACNA church in Oklahoma and both my parents were raised Catholic (ACNA is the Anglican Church in North America- sort of the C of E for the states. Really close to Catholic, essentially). So anyways, have fun writing and I'll be sure to check out the rest of this story as it comes along!