Reviews for The Descent of Orpheus
Guest chapter 1 . 1/11/2015
I love your story! It is very well written and the character personalities are very accurate! I hope you continue. I'm pining for Minako to survive this time tho. :) I don't think my heart could take a second Minako death. Lol. Keep up the good work!
tanithlipsky chapter 21 . 12/20/2014
cool
Kanjilearner1988 chapter 20 . 11/27/2014
Where have you been? It's been more than a month!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/23/2014
Update this fanfic! It is so good. I am a big fan of persona even though I do not own any of the video games. However l have watched enough walkthroughs and anime to understand the characters' personalities. This fanfic is an incredible read (I have read practically every good fanfic on persona) as this is the only persona fic where the whole of humanity know about personas. Will you include Sho from Ultimax? I never wrote a review ever on fan however this fanfic was unique enough that I had to write.
bukalay chapter 20 . 10/6/2014
Kei's blunt... I'd like to see Katsuya tho :D
Mayu123 chapter 20 . 10/5/2014
Oh sweet Key Nanjo, as charming as ever... let's see how you cope with the rest of your group, I know they are not going to be like you hehe.

I am quite curious about the foreign persona users and how will they be helping our little group, by far, Minato/Minako are the most powerful users that have entered the Velvet room, but, as I am concerned, in other games, every one can summon more than one Persona, but not as many as the wildcards, so that could be useful.

About the gossip, haha and they didn't say anything about her and a monk, Tanaka or any other, seriously, media can be such a bother and hilarious at the same time.

Well I will be waiting for more, and of course if you want something cheesy with Aki, you can bring back the rabbit doll or the music box from Mina's stuff. And about the connection with other Shin Migami, well I think is better to keep this up with just the Persona series, its ok if you use 2 and 2.2 and not 1, it seems that Persona is a spin off of the SMT so you can make anything happen here, that and of course, because its your story so if you want to make them fight pink elephants with purples spots, thats ok too ;)

Have a nice week or so, until I read you again.
Kruggov chapter 20 . 10/5/2014
Surprise Thanatos is surprising! Oh Yosuke...
Gossip columns really made me laugh so much. Brilliant!
Kei Nanjo, same old jerkass he was in P1. Here I thought he would've gotten better in 16 years... Hopefully there will be someone to balance him. Todou (protag) mb?
Minako's reunion with her school friends and Mitsuru refusing to sacrifice her for the good really made me cry. So heartwarming...
Also I really want to see some more P1/P2.
One question: where did Mitsuru learn about Philemon, if she never actually encountered him in any form?
Nameless chapter 19 . 10/4/2014
First off, good story. I've been lurking since the first arc, and it's refreshing to see a new take on a Persona 3 protagonist(not just the usual time travel story). Each chapter keeps me on the edge of my seat, and my day gets a bit better when I see it's been updated.

In terms of Persona 1: if you choose not to finish the game, I'd look into finding the manga scans 's called Megami Ibunroku Persona, and as far I can remember, it deals with both the SEBEC and Snow Queen arcs. It also fleshes out the characters a lot more than the game. I'm not sure if translators are done translating it, but a good amount has been finished. Also look into finding a Let's Play if you don't finish( I know of one person who has finished a play through of both arcs of the PSP version)but you may have an easier time finding one nowadays by just searching on YouTube. Nothing is changed between the PSX and PSP version, besides a better translation and music.
If you're far enough, and depending what arc you're playing, most of the story is focused on Maki, and most characters don't get a lot of characterization.

In terms of Persona 2: They've got a great story line(both, Innocent Sin & Eternal Punishment), it's easy(IMO), but it's like Persona 1 in the sense that the gameplay is outdated. If you really can't stand the gameplay, find a walkthrough or Let's Play on youtube. While they're sparse and hard to find, I know of two let's players who did both games. Once again, not much is changed between the PSX and PSP versions,besides music, and the fact that P2:EP PSP never got released outside of Japan because it sold horribly.
The stories of P1 and P2:IS & EP are beautiful. And while I love P3 & P4 for the stories and what they represent, I vastly prefer the stories of the earlier games.

And the Nanjo group is connected to the Kirijo group. I believe it says why they broke off connections in Persona 3( something to do with the shadows), but don't quote me on that.

In terms of what an earlier commenter said about trying to convince Nyx that humanity no longer yearns for death, I'm not quite sure that's possible.
If we go off of what YHVH(SMTII) said, it might just take ONE person to believe in a god for that god to gain strength. And if the Amala Network connects every game in the SMT timeline...But,again, don't quote me on that, my memory of SMTI and II is foggy.

Good story, I'm looking foward to the next chapter.
Mayu123 chapter 19 . 9/28/2014
Well, I've being reading for a while and I found it fair to just come by and tell you how, in my eyes, are you doing an amazing job here. I really enjoy your writing, and the characterization of SEES, I am yet to play P4, but I saw the anime, so I am not unfamiliar with the Investigation Team, so I can tell they are good too.

I hope to read you soon, this is getting better and better, maybe if people can make Nix understand that they really don't yearn for her anymore, Mina and Aki would remain togheter this time.

PS: An I hope is not a spoiler for you. I already played all Persona 1, 2 and 2.2, actually they where hell, because I played them on PSX and the one in japanese was even more difficult since I can not speak japanese.

But just as a tip, and this is mentioned on P3, so is not a direct spoiler, Nanjo and Mitsuru must know of each other, not as Persona users though, I don't remember quite well, but Mitsuru's father said that the Kirijo group was once a division of Nanjo's company, then Kirijo manage to become a company by it selft and they became partners, so maybe this can help you to link those game stories a little.
FlamingWolf chapter 19 . 9/28/2014
Huh. I did NOT see that coming. This is a very literate work and remains MOSTLY in character. I haven't agreed with every personification of Minako you've introduced, but I am enjoying this story immensely.

I've played P4 original, then went back and played P3P. I am completely unaware of anything that happens in any other SMT game. There are a couple of things I am rusty on (I assume these are the "third tier" Golden personas I've heard about, not entirely sure what's up with Marie other than spoilers I've been told, and I have no idea how much of the SEAL was you and how much was The Answer.), but I can mostly follow the story without knowledge of The Golden.
Natzo chapter 19 . 9/28/2014
Would be interesting to see other nations persona users. And other gods. Hades and Zeus mainly as they gods and Hades is directly connected to Orpheus and is the God of the dead. Maybe chain Nyx like the Titans, or Orphues him again? And how major religions react to personas and Helel saving the day.
Scherzzo chapter 19 . 9/27/2014
Ah, this is great! Even though I don't ship Minako/Akihiko, it's never too overwhelming here, and your epic plot more than makes up for it :) I'm interested to see where you'll go with this personas-revealed-to-the-world thing! Are any of the other persona-users people in Inaba who might have faced Izanami in the past ? I guess I'll wait and see
Also, if you're struggling with P1, I'd definitely recommend skipping it for now and picking up P2; it's third person exploration, for one thing, the plot and characters are much more fleshed out (not to mention 100%ing is fairly straightforward), and in EP you actually get to play as a team of adults! I got stuck on P1 too, though that's probably because I went for the snow queen route first xD
Kanjilearner1988 chapter 18 . 9/25/2014
Uh-oh. Now the whole country (not to mention the world) know about Personae, Shadows, the Dark Hour, et cetera. On top of that, now we potentially have paparazzi to deal with (as if Yukiko's Social Link wasn't bad enough)!
Vlad-sama chapter 17 . 9/19/2014
Gomenasai, my name is Vlad-Sama.

I’m a 37 year old Martian Otaku (Anime fan for you gaijins). I draw Anime and Manga in my space castle, and spend my days perfecting my art and practicing superior Japanese customs. (Bushido, swordsmanship, honor)

I train with my Beam Katana every day, this superior weapon can cut clean through steel because it is charged over a thousand times, and is vastly superior to any other weapon on earth. I earned my kataphrakt Argyre fifteen years ago, and I have been getting better every day.

I speak Japanese fluently, both Kanji and the Osaka dialect, and I write fluently as well. I know everything about Japanese history and their bushido code, which I follow 100%.

When I get my Light of Aldnoah ready, I am dropping onto Tokyo to honorably fight Terrans and learn more about Japan's magnificent culture. I hope I can become an duke for the Japanese prefecture of Mars!

I own several kimonos, which I wear around my castle. I want to get used to wearing them before I conquer Japan, so I can fit in easier. I bow to my emperor and fellow knights and speak Japanese as often as I can, but rarely does anyone manage to respond.

Wish me luck in Japan
TenaciousTurtleDuck chapter 16 . 8/11/2014
loving this story so far, keep it up!
I really hope they find a way to stop Nyx that doesn't invole sending Minako back. *Fingers crossed*
60 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »