Reviews for If Someone Told Me
Susan M. M chapter 1 . 10/1/2010
Not the background I give Book in my stories, but very believable. Very plausible.
Susan M. M chapter 9 . 10/1/2010
How very like River to see, or rather hear, her shipmates as songs. And how apt her descriptions are of each one.
Susan M. M chapter 5 . 10/1/2010
Nice moment with Inara and River ... and probably true that had things been different, Simon would have married a girl his parents approved of, and then wondered why he went to to see Inara or someone like her so often.
Susan M. M chapter 3 . 10/1/2010
Absolutely, perfectly Zoe.
Ella Greggs chapter 7 . 7/25/2010
Amazing that you wrote this so early in the series, and way, way before the movie, and still nailed the characters so well. I didn't like the Simon so much, just because it implied his parents packed River off to the Academy eagerly even though they knew she'd be experimented on, but I think they clearly had no idea that would happen to her. But I loved the Inara, the Mal and the River particularly. And I've thought for a long time that Book must have been an Operative before, but I like the idea that he was a shady card shark. Very original.
LadyArin chapter 9 . 6/16/2010
Terrific job with character voices - particularly River. Great work!
Red Bess Rackham chapter 9 . 12/29/2005
Dude, this was amzing. Everyone - every chapter was *very* well done. Very in character. River's was so weird and cool and random and different. Inara's was long and interesting. Kaylee's was cute and sweet. Jayne's was short and - Jayne. Zoe and Mal's were very well suited. Simon's was so easy to imagine and gave interesting background. Wash's was adorable and funny.

AWESOME!

Red Bess Rackham
Falcon Horus chapter 9 . 12/24/2005
Wow, 9 very nice stories. Job well done...

Greetz ;)
Simple Enigma chapter 4 . 10/3/2005
this was a fantastic idea! i absolutely love it! to bad i didnt think of it first ;)
Johinsa chapter 1 . 12/21/2002
Beautiful! This is really great stuff; inner-monologue stories are hard to do right for even one character, let alone this many. Very impressive!
Kerowyn chapter 9 . 12/14/2002
good insights into their personalities. i couldn't access the Kaylee chapter for some reason.
Firefly Fan chapter 9 . 12/9/2002
Nice Job! I especially liked Wash's chapter and the poignant, insightful chapter dealing with River, though her description of Kaylee in that chapter could have been elaborated on a bit. Other than that, great story.
Brit chapter 9 . 12/8/2002
This is good. This chapter especially. Very well thought out and very clever.
Kryptonite chapter 9 . 12/8/2002
Here's a question? Is chapter 9 the end? I really like the way you've written this. Can't wait to see what else you come up with.
trisanamcgraw chapter 1 . 11/8/2002
You truly have talent with writing through different personas. In the eight chapters of this fic, I've seen you address each character's individual thoughts in a unique way (they don't all start with the same "If somebody told me ..." and I think that's fantastic). You've done a splendid job of conveying each person's own attitude (and even some history, though Simon's is a bit different according to the unaired pilot) through your writing. This is excellent! (btw, loved Jayne's bit: "Did I mention the pay was good?")