Reviews for The One Appointment We All Must Keep
bhargavchalla chapter 16 . 12/1
Great story so far. Please update
NotAMugwump chapter 7 . 11/9
Gonna stop here. Plot is nice, execution is horrible.
BCgurlie chapter 16 . 10/22
I love this story! I know it's been awhile since you updated but I really hope to read more of this story! I love the plot twists and Dumbledore's fate so far! I just wonder what he and Molly are up to. Feel kinda bad for Ginny as she has been brainwashed but at least Ron has a chance :-)
deitarionSSokolow chapter 13 . 10/19
"As many writers of HP FF can tell you, when writing in MS Word or Open Office, you are constantly fighting with the spell auto-correct check. Mine hates and I mean absolutely hates me."

A couple of tips:

1. Try LibreOffice with the LanguageTool grammar checker. They're both free and LanguageTool's defaults are quite well-suited to writing fiction.

(LibreOffice is the successor to OpenOffice. When Oracle bought Sun, all of the big OpenOffice developers left but couldn't take the name with them, so they called their version LibreOffice. When Oracle finally admitted defeat, they gave OpenOffice to the Apache foundation, but it's more or less dead for lack of developers while LibreOffice's has more developers than OpenOffice had at its peak.)

2. Turn off auto-correct or customize it (I can explain how to do that under LibreOffice if you want. I haven't used Word in over a decade.) and set up the regular spell-check to recognize HP words using the "Add to Dictionary" function. It's WELL worth the effort.
Red Phoenix Dragon chapter 1 . 10/10
16. A good start to a Harry upsets Death and gets sent back to Hagrid's visit before Hogwarts fix it with Draco. Good the small thing that make a big difference. Meeting Hermione and Neville while avoiding the Weasleys. Ronald going Hufflepuff (What did they do to deserve that?).
Good to dance around Dumbledore and free Sirius before Dumbledore could interfere.
Good for Dumbledore and Molly to be exposed but they should have enforced that betrothal contract so Molly would get Dumbledore's fortune after she has nag him to death with howlers.
Good for the friendships of Harry, Hermione, Neville, Draco and Luna to grow and develop.
So how long before Ginny ends up in St Mungo's? She only got a free pass as she hit Lockhart with the Bat Bogey hex.
Thanks for sharing your story. I hope your friend is well enough for you to continue writing the tale. What happens to the rat, Dumbledore and Tom?
Starscape91 chapter 16 . 10/7
Great story I can't wait to read more.
Vegasman59 chapter 1 . 10/6
I like your authors note as much as the story, this is an excellent first chapter by the way.
K chapter 11 . 10/4
Amazing work on the first year Mandy. I like the changes a lot but I can still see the threat to Harry and company. Heading over to year two.

Thanks
K
K chapter 1 . 10/3
I love a good redo story, bashing and all and this is a very good start.

K
HeartsGlow chapter 15 . 10/2
Her behavior reminds me of a young lady I know who is 11 and has Aspergers and oppositional defiant syndrome. Don't have adults and others (including you, the author) treat Ginny like she is 16 and should know better when she only just turned 11 on August 6th. Your Ginny has emotional and mental issues from her mother that should be addressed.
dizzykarma chapter 16 . 9/28
Great story!
HeartsGlow chapter 11 . 9/25
just a tidbit of info...Sirius were born Nov 3rd 1959 and began Hogwarts in Sept. 1971 with James, et. al., graduating at the end of June 1978. When Harry was finished with 1st year it would be end-of-June 1982, making Sirius 32. Lucius Malfoy was born sometime in 1954, making him 5 years older. Remember, he was at Hogwarts with Severus for a few years.
HeartsGlow chapter 10 . 9/25
Grrrr...you implied that Draco wasn't really Lucius' son. Who is his father?
HeartsGlow chapter 9 . 9/25
OK, with all the hints and allusions to Draco & Lucius...it's driving me crazy thinking Draco has a different father...WHO!?
HeartsGlow chapter 7 . 9/25
Okay, some of the Board of Governors are also members of the Wizengamot, so why would they schedule a meeting when they had to be elsewhere?