Reviews for The Other Act of True Love
Leaf of Love chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
Amazing. Absolutely amazing.
No other words.
Jayden chapter 1 . 4/22/2016
I liked it but the end was vety surprising
Elsa Tomago chapter 1 . 9/16/2015
Elsa had sacrificed her life for Anna.. Elsa indeed loved her sister so much.. She didn't even care what would happened to her as long as Anna's safe.. That is the reason why my favorite character is Elsa..
Cold 105 chapter 1 . 7/24/2015
Terribly sad, but very well-written and quite original. I actually liked Hans there, which is usually hard for me to do.
Frosty858 chapter 1 . 6/21/2015
Beautifully written. Brought a tear to my eye. This is why Elsa is such an intriguing character, despite having so little screen time. Her character is so complex, her struggle so relatable, and despite her coming across as aloof and uncaring, her heart is as pure as freshly fallen snow. I believe this is what she would have done if the Eternal Winter got any worse.

There is no way in hell she didn't hear Hans' sword being unsheathed. He was standing right behind her, and Anna (who was much further away) heard it! Elsa was resigned to her fate & believed that only through death could she rectify what had happened.

But then little kids wouldn't watch it.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/13/2015
nice work. although why poison? I think sword would be more dramatic.
Concolor44 chapter 1 . 12/9/2014
Whoa.

This was another installment of the Stomp My Heart Flat saga, being expanded regularly by several authors here. Now I feel ... deflated.

Yes, I believe she would do that. Truly, I do. That's also why she did nothing to defend herself when Hans drew his sword out on the fjord. She wanted to die. With Anna dead, she had no reason to go on.

Elsa is one of the more admirable characters in fiction.
ograndebatata chapter 1 . 9/20/2014
Well, weird as it may seem, I find this alternate ending was, in one aspect, better than the original one, in that this one didn't turn Hans into a villain, something which I find to have been a bad decision in the original movie.

With that said, I fully agree with you that it is darker than the original.

But rest assured, in my opinion at least, it was a wonderfully executed concept, from the way the storm settles down upon Elsa hearing about what happened to Anna from how she makes the ultimate sacrifice for her sister. Her replacing Olaf in telling Anna what true love is about was perfect, and Anna's sadness at seeing what her sister did for her was heartwrenching.

And besides being wonderfully executed, this also raises a lot of questions. Among others, how would Anna react upon learning that her parents gave Elsa that vial (assuming she learns of it), what would she do upon realizing the meaning of Elsa knowing about the trolls, how would she cope with being the heir all of a sudden, and how Weselton's economic relations with Arendelle would end up. And as more minor ones, there is the issue of whether she would actually stay with Hans in this AU, and of how Kristoff would react if she did. If I may speak my mind, I think Anna and Hans actually will stay together, mainly given that Elsa actually gave them an implicit blessing, but it is by no means certain. But ultimately, that's about this story's most minor issue.

What is definitely not minor is the rather horrifying realization of what happened to Olaf in here. I actually got a shiver when I realized it.

I don't think I ever read a piece of Frozen fanfic that raised as many questions and brought about as many upsetting realizations as this one, but rest assured, for this particular oneshot, I felt that worked excellently in its favor. Should this ever be continued, I would look forward to reading it, and I am someone who usually keeps away from dark-themed writing.

Congratulations on the excellent oneshot
Lindstrom chapter 1 . 9/5/2014
Yep, Disney would never do this ending. Well-written though. Your writing style is easy to read.

You know what else I like about your stories? You're the only other author I've read who thinks the trolls gave bad advice. Other stories act like Grand Pabbie is a source of wisdom, and really, it was bad advice. It's kind of nice to see at least one other person thinks the trolls got it wrong. My stories also talk about how Pabbie's advice caused problems.
jeffs1234 chapter 1 . 8/9/2014
Yes. If given a choice between her life and Anna's. Elsa will always choose Anna's.
Hi chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
Hi is my nickname until I get an account on here. This story is very well written! You did a great job! BUT IT'S SOOOO SAD! :( Still, like I said, great job! :)

God Bless :)
Shawn Raven chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
No...why'd she have to die...?
Guest chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
OMG THAT WAS BEAUTIFULLY HORRIBLE I NEARLY CRIED IM SO GLAD THE MOVIE DIDN'T END LIKE THAT
Loridhhp chapter 1 . 6/22/2014
Whoa! I was not expecting THAT kind of a twist to the end of the movie! So Elsa sacrificed herself for Anna to save her by taking her own life. How sad! Is this a one-shot story, or are you continuing it, because you didn't mark it as complete? I'll follow it if you are going to add more chapters. This was heartbreaking (poor Elsa) and yet sweet. Even though it's devastating that Anna has now lost her beloved sister, Elsa's act of love (taking her own life) seemed like the only way Elsa knew of to thaw Anna. If she were dead her powers would be null too. Although, I'm not so sure poor Anna is going to see the good in Elsa's sacrifice. Her pain is going to be exponential. Great little story. Or first chapter, I'm not sure.