Reviews for Unbreakable
Leanne8582 chapter 1 . 11/9/2002
Very good. I really liked your take on Jack's perspective.
blankot chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
This was great, I thought you captured Jack's emotion and mindset perfectly
Guest chapter 1 . 11/7/2002
Very nice. I wish the writers on "Alias" would do a scene exactly like this. It explains Jack's actions very well without excusing them, and it beautifully illustrates his pain in losing Syd. Bravo.
Fanatic482 chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
*stiffles a sob* ohhhhh... Jack hug! so sad... so true...
Rhysenn chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
Wow. Karen, you've really got a handle on Jack in this ficlet.

I like how you channelled Jack's thoughts back to Syd's childhood, it's a nice parallel with how Syd's journey back in time caused her to see all this "evil" in her father, not thinking of moments as these you've written in this fic. Short, but sweet.

Now I must go and give Jack that cuddle.
hil chapter 1 . 11/6/2002
awww, karen...that was so sweet and sad at the same time. thank you!
VisionaryCoward chapter 1 . 11/5/2002
Isabella chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Oh My God! That was amazing. It was just the right length, not too long, and I think it illustrated perfectly what Jack would be thinking.

Thank you for creating a true piece of artwork, and thank you for sharing your obvious gift with us through these unforgettable thoughts of our favorite SPYDADDY!
chang-raeleeismyhero chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
This was excellent! I like the way you defended Jack's actions, made them human and understandable. Keep writing.
lunarlanding chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Karen, really. I love the way you write. Your characterization of Jack was just perfect, and this fic really works. I'm hating this Jack storyline, but this fic is lovely.

Now, get back to nanowrimoing. ;) I should be talking, I'm 3000 words behind schedule.
Shade5 chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
"So you’ll do what you think is best. You’ll teach her how to protect herself the only way you know how. You’ll teach her the skills you’ve learned through the years, the skills that have sometimes made you cold and detached, but that have also made you smarter, quicker, unbreakable.

You know you have to make her unbreakable because nothing is sacred anymore. Not even love. Especially not love."

Wow, Karen, that was beautiful. Such a wonderful take on Jack's feelings, and you made it really believeable. I love how you portrayed Jack here; he didn't want to hurt Sydney, he just wanted to do what was right in his mind. Great job!
Mardia chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Amazing. I really think this is what Jack probably was thinking at the end of 'The Indicator'. No matter what, I still believe what he did was him just trying to protect Sydney. Maybe it wasn't right but...his intentions were good.

Anyway, back to the fic. The beginning...briliant. Absolute perfection. And the last line? 'But you need to understand, I did what I thought was best. That was all I could do.' Wonderful.

Keep up the amazing work!
nanda chapter 1 . 11/4/2002
Oooh! I get to be the first review! I don't think I've ever been anybody's first review!

So there I was, all sad and annoyed at this twist, and then your little vignette showed up in my mailbox and ... yeah. Great Jack voice, and could very well be what he was thinking. Love how you tied it into the scene with Sydney, where she cut him off. And the parenting stuff ... I'd almost think you'd been through it. Are you hiding something from us, missy?

Anyway, thanks for this. It's improved my Monday 100%. - n.