Reviews for Vulkun
Guest chapter 3 . 3/11/2017
If you want lore, the wiki isn't that great. Try the UESP.
Konstantinsen chapter 3 . 7/11/2016
Brilliant. You took a seemingly insignificant side-quest and fleshed out a thought-provoking story. And you had a wide vocabulary too. This made me think twice about my playthroughs of the game.

I like how you created an atmosphere where Kematu was actually telling the truth (if the game lore firmly posited that he was lying). I also admire how you successfully sidetracked the main story of the game without making it seem as inconvenient as the guild quests or the side quests. Then you turned it around in the last part, ending spectacularly.

I haven't read a story this well-written in a while and it's good to see a fic that takes on a completely different direction. Well done.

Kurlan Aank chapter 3 . 7/10/2016
Not bad, not bad at all. Can't wait to see any other tales you decide to create with Ozan. Loved the small amount of conflict he has about being the Dragonborn and how he went to Arngeir and still showed he was still unsure about it all. Jenassa does not get enough screen time and it is nice to get inside her mind for a bit and just see how she views the world.

Vulkun... like that little world. Dark Light in the language of dragons and you certainly have chosen the name rather well.
Kurlan Aank chapter 2 . 7/10/2016
I like it. Iman's capture was rather well used and its a rather interesting way to use Jenassa as a way to subdue her. Believable as well all things considered.
Kurlan Aank chapter 1 . 7/10/2016
Finally sat down and read this story. A Redguard Dragonborn! Finally, its nice to see one running around. Short and to the point. I like that. Wonder what happened with Saadia and now, just how did the man get involved with the Alik'r.
Kingswallow chapter 3 . 7/3/2016
After reading your story "Blood Family," I knew I had to visit this story to see how it all began. Albeit short, it is a great start and in Blood Family you elaborated well on their continued adventures together to give the readers a comprehensive view and understanding of the two. I absolutely love these two together. Well done!

Your writing during the scene when Ozan finally confronted Iman after Janessa led her to the stables was particularly powerful.

Thank you for sharing this.
EricLightscythe chapter 3 . 1/17/2016
Quite too short :P
Maybe more of Ozan and Jenassa's adventures? Although it would be nice if it wasn't a plain word to word rehash of the main storyline, if you do write a story on Ozan.

I liked the backstory you've given for Ozan and Saadia. Maybe some Jenassa backstory next?
Speaker-to-Customers chapter 3 . 1/15/2016
Lovely to see a story with Jenassa, my favourite NPC in all of Skyrim, as a principal character.
ShoutFinder chapter 3 . 9/12/2015
Perfect. This was a wonderful short piece about Ozan! I really, REALLY hope that you do end up writing more about him. Learning how Meerah died like that...was disturbing. Quite. Damn you bloody Thalmor for ruining everyone's lives!

'...learning to use this Voice thing.' Cracked up again. I'm getting the feel of Ozan. The most important part of it being: when his life is about to change in a small but significant way, he sits down.
ShoutFinder chapter 2 . 9/12/2015
That last bit. From story to author's note. Yep. XD XD

I was genuinely shocked when Ozan gave that speech. Suspected Meerah was his sister (if it was in his interview I can't remember, sorryyyyyy...), proved right, Iman's getting what she deserved...now to read that last chapter, favourite this story and wish I had enough self-control to write short story like this about one of my Dragonborns without turning it into a novel...
ShoutFinder chapter 1 . 9/12/2015
Well now, I finally get round to reading Ozan and so far I'm loving every word!
Even the 'twenty words in a single speeec'. That one killed me. Nailed it, Jenassa! XD
Short reviews mean more time for reading - let's find out just how far Iman's treachery impacted Ozan...
MasterAssassinScrolls chapter 3 . 8/13/2014
A great ending, to a great little story (would you call three chapters 'little'?). That last paragraph was absolutely perfect, in ever way, to mark the finish of this story.
Ozan is a very interesting, and ultimately, a well-thought out character. His past saddens me, because of his sister's death, and having to watch it at such a younger age. But also because the man was brought up to kill from an even younger age than fifteen... No wonder he joins the Dark Brotherhood. Though, in my opinion, I don't think he's as bad as them - they kill for pleasure, whereas he kills for a reason. Of course you are still killing someone, but if he isn't deriving a sadistic feeling from it, than he's not evil. :)
Ah, Vulkun... Yes, that name does suit this story - and it's protagonist. A very creative title, so I must commend you for that.

I think throughout the whole story, you described Jenassa's personality very well, perfectly even, and even made her somewhat...softer at the end. Which is just natural, as she had been through quite a few exciting days since meeting Ozan.
So now when I see this particular Dark Elf, I shall smile, and think of Ozan - and his awesome creator. ;) (Okay so maybe I am trying to make up for the wait of my review...)
Actually, truth be told, I enjoy these stories of your Dragonborns' lives probably too much. Maybe it's just simply because your writing is fantastic, and never fails to absorb me, or perhaps it is just because your storylines are intriguing, and just awesome. :) But I cannot wait to find out the next story you'll write that stars one of your Dovahkiins. :) Oh, and I shall definitely be reading that short story with Ozan and Jenassa, once you find time to write it, of course.
BrunetteAuthorette99 chapter 3 . 7/31/2014
Okay, if you do end up writing any more fics about Ozan and Jenessa, I will definitely read them. I love their interactions, and Ozan by himself is a fascinating character. :)
Azaisya chapter 3 . 7/28/2014
I love all of your stories, and something I love about them are how deep some of the conversations are, and how realistic the characters are. It always amazes me, and Ozan's conversation with Arngeir about Vulkun... I just... wow. I'm sad to see it end, and look forwards to more about this dragonborn!
Nox Descious chapter 2 . 7/15/2014
Oh Man, where do I begin with this story. First of all, Jenassa being one of the main characters already makes me like it, as Jenassa is one of my favorite followers in the game! Second of all your Dragonborn is very well done character. Being a Redguard is nice. They are my favorite human race in the game, and there are hardly any Redguard Dragonborn stories on this site at all. Also, basing your character's identity and origin story around the Saadia side quest was GENIUS! Not only does this flesh out who your Dragonborn was before Skyrim, but it also gives a legitimate, believable reason why your character is in Skyrim in the first place. I can't wait till you update this story, and I hope we get some Ozan Jenassa loving in the future!